Sheffield Steelers v Cardiff Devils - Sat 21 Oct 2017 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

ASHIPP

We never realise the importance of players until they are missing. When was the last time this team was missing 4 key drivers?

That requires a change in line combos and systems. You could question the game plan, we can certainly criticise the lack of speed and aggression. But we can't deny that missing so many players is going to hurt this team. Maybe it's now a question of energy/injury conservation with a big game tomorrow.

I'm not looking for excuses everbody acknowledges how difficult it is even getting 1 point in Sheffield. With 4 key players missing, it's virtually impossible.

Just hope for better tomorrow. They could desperately do with one or two returnees

Last edited:
That requires a change in line combos and systems. You could question the game plan, we can criticise the lack of speed and aggression. Maybe it's now a question of energy/injury conservation with a big game tomorrow.
We've had different like combinations nearly every blooming game since August!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the league done imo already!!
Sad to say so early on but we ain't got it in us to win 5 games in a row never mind 10/15..

Usually teams who under perform in the league win the playoffs so let's hope we can do that hey :)

RedDevil17

This is getting beyond ridiculous. It's a case of one mediocre performance after another. We are missing Doucet, Brine and most players from last year. We are serious trouble now and will be even more if we keep playing like we are. Ulmer is anomynous as per at the beginning! Wait until christmas though that's a present right there. Can't blame the fact we had injuries, it was still a poor performance. I expect a win tomorrow.

Wannabe2

This is getting beyond ridiculous. It's a case of one mediocre performance after another. We are missing Doucet, Brine and most players from last year. We are serious trouble now and will be even more if we keep playing like we are. Ulmer is anomynous as per at the beginning! Wait until christmas though that's a present right there. Can't blame the fact we had injuries, it was still a poor performance. I expect a win tomorrow.
Add Scott Hotham to that,

august04

It was always going to be difficult with the players missing tonight but it’s painful to watch at the moment. Not enough of everything and we can’t just blame injuries, as it’s been like that for weeks. We've had one change this past few days which was welcome but we need another 2 or 3, as many have said in recent times. Too many players on this team are not up to the job (anymore). Unless we make those changes very soon, this season will quickly be a write off. We're in the CC still by the skin of our teeth and way off the pace in the league. And Panthers tomorrow.....

Wannabe2

You know something, there's losing 4-0, and there's losing 4-0, losing 4-0 giving your all, hitting etc is one thing, you know something I ain't going to say anymore, as I mustn't, goodnight all.

august04

You know something, there's losing 4-0, and there's losing 4-0, losing 4-0 giving your all, hitting etc is one thing, you know something I ain't going to say anymore, as I mustn't, goodnight all.
I know exactly what you mean, we went down with a whimper.
It’s clear to me that we got recruitment badly wrong this summer, in terms of both ability and commitment.
Coach, MD and owner can moan all they like about Bordeleau and revisionist history but we have no-one on this team that puts the fear of God into opposition D men like he did on the forecheck. How many times did opposing D cough up the puck in sheer panic last year when he was on the ice? Plenty, that’s how many. They’ve got all the time in the world now.

Last edited:
Guess there are excuses then. Am l missing something, but why do we have so many injuries, why do we not have coverage or game plans. It’s almost as if the team are in the same mind set as some fans, in so much as it’s the Steelers, at home, we got 4 sat, it’s hard enough normally, we’ve already lost, so why bother. Unacceptable, I’d put them all on 2 weeks notice, get it sorted or get the hell out. That wouldn’t be just the players either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bb1

Regardless of the injuries we just look like a team that is lost. When things go our way we are OK. When we struggle we really struggle with no clue how to change a game. In fact we don't have any player capable of changing a game other than maybe a fit Faryna. The 4th line can bring energy but seem terrified to do so.
At 4-0 down and the opposition throwing big hits at you....well we know there's a problem. The only guy who tries physically is the smallest guy we've signed in a decade in Reddick yet he's not going to cause a dent.

I am really starting to worry and imo our problem hasn't been all defensive it's the lack of speed in transitioning Into the zone and the fact we don't punish any team on the forechecking like we did last year.

The team who pulled off two amazing games against European teams was a team where every player wanted the win
regardless of missing players ability what was lacking tonight was that determination and desire to win
they didn't even look like they wanted to score let alone come back from a goal or three behind.
Come on Devils - we know this team can do it, you've proved that - but you can't just turn up to a couple of games with hwyl and expect the fan base to stay at sellout

What a shambles tonight ,the players out of position ,no hits and no goals ,what the hell is elson doing on the bench all he seems to he doing is chewing gum waste of bloody money,why can't Kelman read the riot act I know we have injuries but we have players that can stand up but they won't this team is not gonna win nothing this year unless the top players step up ,hope tomorrow we can get a win ,the new signing gave the puck away so many times hope he gets better after a few more training sessions ,I think its time Lord should think about going fulltime bench coach next season !