Cardiff Devils v Guildford Flames - Sat 14 Oct 2017 - C Cup - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Three losses in1 week ( in 3 different competitions). Could be 4 tomorrow if Blaze have a good game!

Anyone remember last season when Devils won all 3 games against the Giants in one week? ( 2 league/1 cup).......all 'must wins' to progress in competitions?
2 of the games were at home as well !! Panthers at IAW next week ....

osh

Message to our owners.
Proud of our guys efforts in the CHl, pretty embarrassed by a lot of our performances in the cup and league so far.
Taking nothing away from teams who have beaten is, but let's face it, we are carrying certain players at the moment, the team look totally out of focus with certain lines and I have been saying it for many weeks, we need to make changes NOW in order to get back to where we should be. If changes aren't made soon, I'm not prepared to turn up week in week out ( when I 'm available to do so ) and watch some of the dross I've witnessed at home this season so far.

The good old saying

'Cant win a league 6 weeks in but sure as hell can lose'

It would be different if for majority of the games we were on top and just not had the bounce of the rubber.

But let's face it we are currently for whatever reason JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Well, that was garbage, again!
Clearly, a handful of players are not good enough. Although there are other problems, changes in personnel
need to be made NOW. Not in 3 weeks, NOW.
As a season ticket holder, I’m afraid they’ll be playing in front of my empty seat for the foreseeable future because I got better things to do than waste time and emotion on more of the same old bollocks!
Life’s too short!

Guildford looked a good team. But to be beaten at home as the reigning champs with a supposed improved team just isn’t right. We have gone backwards. Recruitment is tough and it may take a while for new players to gel but too many doing nothing. Didn’t have this last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As we are we will lose all of our championships and the league. No way is this a league winning team.

pjj365

Look at the pattern of losses and how they relate to CHL games - could be an influencer on the team as a whole or individuals - who knows

Too early to write the team off totally when we are 4 wins from 6 in the league

Yes we want it all but I seem to remember Panthers performing similarly after their European adventure last year. If we have sacrificed the Cup to CHL we can still win the league, go back to CHL and be ready to bounce back next year as Panthers have done this year

Hate repeating myself but it's all I will end up doing till changes are made..
Yes players have family's and mortgages to pay but like any other person if ya crap at your job or u get fired u go and find a new one.

Too many players I have mentioned in previous posts need gone.
No ifs or buts otherwise we won't win anything.

U won't win a league by getting beat to Guildford home storm home and losing to mk lightning away and Nottingham home with in the first 10 games.

Its crap and Lord needs to do something instead of saying "a www it's my fault every bloody interview"

terry hunt

As dissapointed as i was last night i have to mention our owners.
They did the man of the match awards with their usual class.
As they walked but up the steps the look on the faces told it all.
This team are not only letting the fans down but the owners also.

BostonBart22

SHAMBLES...no other word can describe last night, guildford had us in their back pockets all night, how much money have we lost entering the CHL and travelling ? think most of our budget has gone on that and we brought in mediocre players at best, the only one out of the newbies i would keep is pope, ulmer and crowder wouldve been gone by now in another team but they are lordos mates, as for coaching jamie and luke dont do anything for me lately , a new set up is needed if not this season but defo next season, why were batch and moore missing most of third period ? on another note myself i would have a new capt, mo needs to drive his players in these games and it aint happening,we need a change in that direction, joey haddad would be my choice...RANT over until after tonights game.

ASHIPP

The frustrating thing about inconsistency in performance is that we have seen glimpses in potential. We have seen what they could be capable of.

Find it hard to accept that the CHL has disrupted things. Panthers seem to be coping with the domestic situation and finding their rythum with the added pressure of their extra success in the CHL.

Whilst our team were novices in that competition, results expectations were low. What a thrill to see the team get those two wins at home and for Club and fanbase to enjoy that European adventure.

To raise their game to that level was phenomenal. Why can't they do that in the domestic competitions? We have been told the top priority is to retain the 3 titles.

Defending title teams not only recruit well, they recruit better than the pre ious season to try and stay ahead. If they soon realise that they they are being beaten by smarter, fitter teams with a determined, winning mindset, then they learn to adapt, or make changes to stay ahead.

The regular season is a short one in this sport. Windows of opportunity are narrow. Whilst no-one can predict what is going to happen in the League at the moment, one window in a domestic competition is nearly closing already for the Club.

If the Club wants to achieve some success in meeting it's targets (and we have been told that this means retaining their titles), then surely they are at a crossroads time-wise in making decisions before any more ground is lost?

Either that, or everyone lowers their expectations. That, and the potential affect on finance, are the harsh realities.

I take no enjoyment in reading such negative comments about my beloved team. But most of them are true and justified. I'll be there week in, week out. But casuals won't be back in a hurry. There just seems to be a lack of chemistry. Lines constantly changing, high energy players benched. New players hardly living up to any of the 'hype' on their signing. Come on, we've even got a Brit in goals (who's arguably the best goalie in the eihl right now) which frees up an import, yet we're still performing like this.
I hope the owners being here this weekend brings about some changes, as they have now seen it first hand.
Let's sort this out, and get behind our team.

Anyone remember Trent Anderson and Brad Grattan ?
Ok players but not good enough for Devils ! John Lawless acted after giving them a chance but realising keeping them another month would most probably be too long for us to compete for title , brought in Ruggles and Cadieux...rest is history!!!
I remember them and I think we should do the same thing now

bb1

After recent performances I must say we do need at least 2 changes that MUST be made. Lord is an excellent coach and normally a superb recruiter. Problem I feel is that there is a little case of 'jobs for the boys'.

We know what potential Ulmer has but we can't wait till January for him to get us arse in gear. Morrissette is a superb penalty killer but isn't a captain imo and can hardly make a dent offensively regardless of what his points currently suggest. Crowder really doesn't do it for me either. Seems to have a good hockey brain but the execution isn't up to it.

What do we really lack.....A GAME CHANGER!!!

A lot of teams now are faster, bigger and stronger going forward. If we don't make at least a couple of changes now we will not see much domestic success this season. Our current CC campaign proves this.

I hate being negative after such a successful season last year but when you get a glimpse of success you want more and more of it.

SHAMBLES...no other word can describe last night, guildford had us in their back pockets all night, how much money have we lost entering the CHL and travelling ? think most of our budget has gone on that and we brought in mediocre players at best, the only one out of the newbies i would keep is pope, ulmer and crowder wouldve been gone by now in another team but they are lordos mates, as for coaching jamie and luke dont do anything for me lately , a new set up is needed if not this season but defo next season, why were batch and moore missing most of third period ? on another note myself i would have a new capt, mo needs to drive his players in these games and it aint happening,we need a change in that direction, joey haddad would be my choice...RANT over until after tonights game.
As an example panthers got Neilson and Strachan we got Elson and Piggot I know who I’d rather have

Rempel16

Look at the pattern of losses and how they relate to CHL games - could be an influencer on the team as a whole or individuals - who knows

Too early to write the team off totally when we are 4 wins from 6 in the league

Yes we want it all but I seem to remember Panthers performing similarly after their European adventure last year. If we have sacrificed the Cup to CHL we can still win the league, go back to CHL and be ready to bounce back next year as Panthers have done this year
Remind me, how did panthers get on in the league last year? That game plan hardly worked well.

Bottom line is, two players aren't good enough (that's not suddenly going to change), one player has zero effort (and I don't reckon that will change) and one player clearly no longer has the legs with an increase in quality of the league again this season (although he usually scores big numbers against the Blaze so...).

Got to be worth changing 1 or 2 because we certainly aren't title challengers. Time for Lord to make the hard call and draw that line between friend/coach.