Devils v Belfast Giants - Sat 7 Oct 2017 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1
upload_2017-10-6_15-55-27.jpeg

ANOTHER SELL OUT means your choice is limited.

IceTime.TV will be running a webcast, all the details can be found at www.icetime.tv and they can be contacted on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/IceTimeTV

We'll be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes ( & my bad spelling - which i put down to fat fingers), all at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206

Leighton

MNL works on a mobile right? i'll be travelling back from Oxford with the U13s so will mss the first hour or so of the game.

ASHIPP

A very big test for the Devils.
Giants have signed a roster which is a mixture of huge tough players...quality and skill up front with added speed of players like Connolly.

Murphy could still be out with injury (but Whistle is a good goalie) and Ferland serving a match ban for a virtual KO high elbow foul last week.

Giants' games are always good entertainment. Hope our Guys can get a good result and put down some early markers. Giants should go home feeling they've been in a real game down here.

Wannabe2

Very tough game tonight, Giants are looking very good, but so are we. If we play to our potential we will be fine, but we really do need our A game tonight. These are the games we wait all week for, two teams of Gladiators not wanting to give an inch. So come on you beauties, let's do this.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Rich Best

I don't know why but I am really REALLY looking forward to this match, I just have a feeling it is gonna be a cracker! Can't wait!!!

bb1

With a packed arena I really hope we put on a show. Just need to play hard and keep things simple. That's the way we stayed the 2 Euro Giants!

Gospel

With a packed arena I really hope we put on a show. Just need to play hard and keep things simple. That's the way we stayed the 2 Euro Giants!
Well sadly they didnt keep things simple. Too many turn overs in our own D zone, over complicated things and the D looked sluggish.

Not taking anything away from Belfast though as they took their chances & Whistle played well.

One last thing - Dean Smith was absolutely appalling for both teams tonight.

Entertaining game. Thought we were going to run away with it after first 15 minutes but fair play to Belfast they energised themselves and did us. They were clinical with every goal. We had chances but failed to
convert them. No huge failings, D Looked a bit sloppy at times but just one of those games I think. Gutted hugely though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jenks33

We got what we deserved tonight. I thought we started well but after about 7 or 8 minutes of the first I felt the Giants were the better team. It obviously wasn’t as concerning as the Storm defeat but if you take away our 5 on 3’s it might have been a similar scoreline. I felt Belfast were going to score every time they attacked, I’m still not convinced by the new d men if I’m honest. As somebody else posted, Smith was horrendous tonight!

Smith was crap but we didn’t take our chances. He was equally crap to both teams so don’t think he made much difference to the result.
We have GOT to be cleverer and protect leads and be more savvy. Can’t let a 3-1 lead go like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ladies and gentlemen, that result would never have happened with a Bordeleau around! They got chippy and we couldn’t stop them. This league is simple....you got to be tougher than the rest and team tough has never worked!! We allowed them to impose their disruptive game plan on us tonight and they got more belief and took liberties! Can see us being pushed around this season.

Wannabe2

Well we won one period, and they won two, it started to look as we were going to give them a lesson, but in the end they taught us a few things, like it's a 60 min game guys. It wasn't a case of not trying, more of a case of we were very poor in pressing home our advantage. Belfast without a doubt are a very good team, better than us tonight, and probably the best team to come here this season. Few guys didn't show tonight, and when that happens it's always going to be one uphill battle, biggest disappointment tonight a full house and again we shoot ourself in the foot.

ASHIPP

Devils could have and should have got the game sewn up with a strong p1. They went ahead by two goals twice.

Too many turnovers, overcomplicated plays and second in speed/battles tonight. PP style seemed so static and hesitant. Defensive play weak....or non existent in cases of Giants' last two goals.

Total credit to the Giants. Wham bam thankyou Mam, no messing about. They kept it fast and simple. Slick passing, great turnover ability, fast on the attack and took those pp chances well. They were prepared to take sinbin time in order to disrupt Devils' discipline and rythum.

Our team are an enigma. It can't be easy focusing on different styles in different competitions. Devils were world beaters against a top Swedish team who came to play hockey. 4 days later playing an
important league game they look a different team.

Until they find consistency, they are not going to make the progress they want or need.

Last edited:

matbur

Didn't think we were particularly bad, unable to capitalise on 5 on 3 which cost us. Hope this thread doesn't turn into a super overreaction, it was just one of those games that got away from us.