Devils vs Vaxjo Lakers - Tue 3 Oct 2017 - CHL - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1
For the Devils final home CHL we welcome the Vaxjo Lakers from the superb Swedish Hockey League to Cardiff Bay.

We will be running MNL for this game so why not join me (OJ) from around 6:30.

Better still get round to the IAW to see the highest level of hockey we have ever seen in Cardiff over the last 30 odd years. Any of you who saw their last league will know how good they are.

Score predictions as always welcomed to matchnightlive@gmail.com.

Game updates appreciated, text MNL on 07527 625206

zoesdevil

Anyone who hasn't got Premier Sports & want to watch the game live, they've got an offer on at the minute of £1 for first month using code NHL1. After that its £11.99 unless you give 30 days notice, so as long as you cancel straight after subscribing you'll get a webcast for a £1!!

trapped

If you use a VPN you can watch it for free on the CHL website. You just need to pick a country that doesn't have local rights. The Netherlands has worked for me so far.

Ben Waldron

I used a proxy site last time to get around the block. If you choose somewhere in Europe you'll be able to stream right off the CHL site.

Vaxjo are an incredible team so don't take it in the wrong way but I can't see the scoreboard remaining in single figures.

NHL quality players top to bottom. Keep an eye on Elias Pettersson, drafted 5th Overall earlier this year by Vancouver, he's an exceptional prospect.

Hoping the best for you all but can't see much positive coming from it, same for us against Turku.

Well how wrong was I??

This devils team shock me every game they play..

I will never express my opinions anymore as they always prove me wrong lol...

RTfarty

Speechless. We just beat the current champions, from one of the best leagues in the entire world. I'm truly lost for words!

I've just seen the Panthers have won their game and will qualify out of the group stages as well.. what an achievement. I hope we manage to qualify for this tournament every year because it has been some of the most exciting hockey I've ever witnessed!

I’m going for another Bowns shut out, Crowder hat trick within 21 seconds of the puck drop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was almost right, so close to another shut out. Like l stated on the Crowder thread, when two different styles converge, anything is possible.
I’m also not a negative fan, just a realist with a little knowledge. Great double win for UK hockey, this has impact for and beyond the domestic season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Russky

The game in its entirety i e as live is being repeated tomorrow night (4/10) at 6pm on freesports channel 424 on sky platform if you want to relive this fantastic game again.

BostonBart22

Apart from this fantastic result, it was great to see a fast flowing game of ice hockey helped by the officials on letting the game flow, we all knew ben would get mom at the end, but as to pick an out skater as mom i would have gone for asselin he disrupted a few of their dangerous breakouts which were crucial at the time especially when devils were 1 or 2 up. special mention as well to ulmer, has he turned the corner, hope so, as with the rest of the team they were faultless in every dept..WELL DONE ALL.

august04

An utterly stunning result, possibly the best single win for a British club side ever, given the calibre of the opposition. These guys led the SHL after the regular season last year. It’s mind boggling! I think Vaxjo seriously underestimated the Devils tonight and paid the price. Yes, we had to play a more defensive game to compete with this quality of team but our effort and commitment all over the ice was simply incredible. A brilliant defensive display, Bowns was superb and we took our chances with some great finishing. A truly wonderful for result for British ice hockey. A special mention for Nottingham too, qualifying for the last 16 is an amazing achievement. What a night for our game in this country - who would have thought teams from the UK would beat the might of Scandinavia.

Last edited:

ASHIPP

Earlier I said we should enjoy the experience of a top team in Europe playing in our gaff....yes, it was OUR team.

That was truly one of the most complete games of hockey ever played by a Devils' team. Offensively and defensively excellent, every player playing well and supporting eachother.
A confident, fluid pp; crisper passing, relentless recycling and hassling the opposition, controlled discipline.

As well as Bownsey's terrific performance, all played well. Matthew Myers was key for me - on the face offs, controlling the play on his shift. Faryna and Haddad everywhere. Craig Moore must be living a dream scoring a CHL goal, beautifully taken and beautifully ssisted by Batchy. And Richie's ENG- that micro second pause to size up the angle, the distance, the speed. God-like!

Lordo kept with those line combos from last weekend and despite that different style of play, the chemistry and contribution is working.
The game showed the journey the Devils have made in the top club competition in Europe in terms of preparation,tactics and fitness levels. They can confidently take these teams on without feeling overwhelmed. Bitter sweet that the journey is nearly over in the CHL but the Devils should be proud of themselves. Their fans certainly are.

Last edited:
From a very happy Panthers fan... congratulations also to the Cardiff Devils... very VERY well done! To not just beat a Swedish side like that, but to clobber them with a 4-goal winning margin... that's extremely impressive.

Between what we've done and what you guys have done... British ice hockey cannot be ignored in Europe any more!

ASHIPP

From a very happy Panthers fan... congratulations also to the Cardiff Devils... very VERY well done! To not just beat a Swedish side like that, but to clobber them with a 4-goal winning margin... that's extremely impressive.

Between what we've done and what you guys have done... British ice hockey cannot be ignored in Europe any more!
A fantastic result for the Panthers to take them into the final 16 teams in this competition. Outstanding. Proudly flying the UK flag for the next stage.

The UK clubs hopefully this year will have shown how far our league has progressed, taking on top opposition and getting results.

kingmo19.1

Enjoyed the game tonight, took a while to get going and the atmosphere to build but an entertaining game all the same.

I know we won and it goes down in history etc as a 5-1 win, but I was disappointed with Vaxjo. I guess from their perspective they have already qualified so it's a dead-rubber, a nothing game. We're they giving it everything they had? I'm pretty sure they weren't. Had this been the 1st or 2nd CHL game in the group I think it would have been a lot different. I rate the win over Davos higher than this one. I think the return game in their barn will be more interesting as they'll be looking for a win infront of their own fans.

On paper, a great result for our club and raises both it's profile and that of the league (Congrats to Panthers by the way).

Ejercito Rojas

Alfred Nobel, Bjorn Borg, Ingrid Bergman, Britt Ekland, Stellen Skarsgard, Dolph Lundgren,
Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Stieg Larson, Abba, your boys took a helluva beating, a helluva beating!!!

Last edited: