Devils Vs Manchester Storm - Sun 24 Sep 2017 - League - Chat/Updates

Wannabe2

That was one classy response, and has enlightened my disappointment in last weekends nightmare. When the Guvnor says things will be sorted on a public forum, then folks we can't ask for anything more. I like many others was pretty cheesed off with that catastrophic performance, after losing to the Lightning the night before, I thought okay here we go we are going to take our frustration out on the storm, I sat in my seat with every confidence in the world, and thought here we go, my boys are going to say to me, forget last night this is what we are made of. And then it went down, and down, and down. But hey ho, that was last week, we now turn the page of life and start believing again, after all we have tasted some sweet success lately, and hopefully we will again very soon. Thank you Mr King, we now march on as one.

osh

hoping for a huge turn around in attitude, teamwork, passion and effort tonight. Another poor show won't please me or many other fans for sure. A win will be welcome and of course we will then have the scenario of all those 'luvvy' Devils fans coming out of the woodwork to criticise those of us who aren't afraid to say how we feel after way under par performances from our team.
I take my hat off to Wannabe2, no one is more passionate yet he wasn't afraid to voice his critical comments after last weekends games.
C'mon Devils tonight, show us what you really can do.

3 Games for Crowder:
The Elite League Department of Player Safety received a request from the Milton Keynes Lightning to review an incident involving Cardiff Devils player Paul Crowder during the game between the Lightning and the Devils on Saturday 23rd September 2017

At 6.25 of the 2nd period, Crowder was assessed a 2 minute penalty for high sticking.

After a review using the video footage and the Referees report this has been upgraded to a match penalty for slashing under IIHF rule 159 - Slashing.

RULE 159 – SLASHING

DEFINITION: A player who swings his stick, with one hand or two, at any part of an opponent’s body or equipment. Contact to the opponent is not necessary for the penalty to be assessed.

iii. A player who injures or recklessly endangers an opponent by slashing will be assessed a major penalty and game-misconduct penalty or a match penalty

A match penalty carries an automatic one game ban and a further two game ban has been added by the Department of Player Safety, therefore Paul Crowder is banned for a total of three game.

He will miss the following games: -

Wednesday 27th September - Dundee Stars vs Cardiff Devils

Saturday 30th September - Cardiff Devils vs Braehead Clan

Sunday 7th October - Cardiff Devils vs Belfast Giants

A video explanation of the decision will follow.

ASHIPP

A very honest and balanced view from Steve. You can feel the frustration of the ownership group. And they acknowlege the frustration of the fanbase...although their concerns will go way beyond the impact that recent performances have had on the entertainment factor here.
There are revenue and reputation implications involved.

Steve is asking us to keep faith and be patient a while longer to give the team a chance to show progress and consistency. At the same time, it's clear the owners realise that the window of opportunity to turn around performance in domestic competitions (certainly in the CC) is getting smaller by the week.

Hopefully that improvement starts tonight - the Boys have proved their skill level. Now let's see the consistency.Make no mistake - between the lines it's very clear what will happen otherwise.

Foxy

Errrrr, that's why it's called 'behind the scenes' :rolleyes:

Maybe if you ask nicely Lordo and Todd will put you on speed dial and keep you up to date on all the goings on in the club........
Sarcasm lowest form of wit........ im just saying that regardless of events it shouldnt be transfered to the ice. They're supposed to be professionals. We dont pay for lack lustre performances........

Ocko

Sarcasm lowest form of wit........ im just saying that regardless of events it shouldnt be transfered to the ice. They're supposed to be professionals. We dont pay for lack lustre performances........
Well actually you do. You pay to watch a hockey game. A lacklustre performance is equally as likely as a good performance. We are just very lucky that we have backing that ensure success over the course of a season.

Or do you pay a premium that no one else does? If you were a Manchester Storm fan would you be complaining that the game was lacklustre? Because they bought a ticket to the same game you did and I'm sure they'll be saying something different.

Foxy

I pay to see players trying to win a game. Half of them looked as though they couldnt be arsed so no i dont find that acceptable........ Manchester turned up to win and good on them we might as well have stayed in the dressing room

bb1

I honestly think that we are just one player short of an incredible hockey team.

When I say one player I mean someone who can take it upon themselves to change a game and give the whole team an injection of energy and belief.

Jake I have no doubt maybe superb behind the scenes but for me hasn't done anything on the ice in the games we've struggled to suggest he's our man for the 'C'.

I really hope we can turn it around tonight and on Saturday.

Crowder is lucky he’s at the Devils, some clubs could and should in my opinion impose there own penalty. l certainly wouldn’t pay any wages for those games he is out. I understand red mist to an extent, but hockey is a sport, physical game yes, but that action could have caused a serious injury, if you watch the replay closely something flew off the helmet with sufficient force to fly towards the camera as the players head hit the ice, l believe it was the visor or a piece of it. The game should not have individuals who cannot use controlled aggression.
As for tonight I’m hoping for and expect a turn around, Lord has turned it around before. We are lucky to have Mr King, kudos for giving his opinion on here, it’s refreshingly brilliant having that shared love of the sport, that being said, no matter what the future brings, Mr King shouldn’t be making those statements, if we truly have the best coach in the league, this situation shouldn’t be happening, never mind repeating year on year.
I’m kinda with Foxy on this, l expect the team to loose games, l expect them to get beaten by a team with either better skills or better luck. What l don’t appreciate is paying to watch a team that only a few can be arsed, some are mediocre and several cannot cope at this level. This has put a little downer on this yr, whilst retaining the title is difficult, if your going to loose, at least loose with pride, to be struggling this early in this manner, whilst not the end of the world, is embarrassing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

osh

Josh, I don't agree with your comments in your 1st paragraph but mostly agree with your 2nd paragraph comments except where you state "Mr King shouldn't be making those statements". Most fans - myself included - would think he has every right to make whatever comments he sees fit, and respect him for doing so. I'm not saying I agree with every single comment he makes, but at least his passion shines through and he does acknowledge and reply to questions posed of him and I think he realises we need to improve significantly and soon !

kingmo19.1

Very professional post by Steve King. We are fortunate to have such caring and communicative owners.

I'll watch my team lose every single day if they each give 100% effort and I'll have no qualms. I won't watch a team that simply can't be arsed - that is a waste of my time and money.

I expect to see a dramatic improvement.

Over 27,000 fans watched Cardiff City who definitely could be arsed last night!

So let me think, going forward, where might I look to spend my hard earned cash!!!!!

Josh, I don't agree with your comments in your 1st paragraph but mostly agree with your 2nd paragraph comments except where you state "Mr King shouldn't be making those statements". Most fans - myself included - would think he has every right to make whatever comments he sees fit, and respect him for doing so. I'm not saying I agree with every single comment he makes, but at least his passion shines through and he does acknowledge and reply to questions posed of him and I think he realises we need to improve significantly and soon !
I think I’ve come across wrong, when l state Mr King shouldn’t be making those comments, l meant he shouldn’t have to be making those comments, the team shouldn’t need defending.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk