FAO the guy who got a free season ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

solelace84

Thread starter #1
The Devils Organisation may not be wise to the fact that you have dishonestly swindled them out of a free season ticket, but I am.

You should be banned from attending ALL future games IMO.

Disgraceful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pondlife

What on earth is this all about? Can't make arse or tit of it.
Someone at the game last night had tweeted the Devils account and asked how many retweets of the post they would have to get in order for the Devils to give them a free season ticket. Devils said 18K and by Sat the poster had reached 20K (i think that was the number). Now the OP is alleging that they reached this through the use of bot accounts. i.e. dishonestly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitterbot

Hi all reading this thread.

Just want to clear the air here. As I’ve just replied to Hailey on twitter, this isn’t the first time I’ve been accused of “buying” retweets and I’m sure it won’t be the last.

Firstly, I have already pointed out to a club official that even I wasn’t 100% sure about a number of accounts that had retweeted the tweet. I’m a very honest person and obviously the last thing I would want is to be seen as some sort of “cheat” or “scamming” the club. It’s a club I’ve poured my heart and soul into for the last few years with countless hours of volunteering. I haven’t got the balls to parade around thinking I’d won something if I’d cheated my way to the prize.

As the people I was with all day Saturday will tell you, I was nearly sick with anxiety that the retweets were coming in thick and fast and it looked like the target was about to be reached.

If you think some kind of foul play has gone on then you’re fully entitled to your opinions, but I just wanted to give you my honest side of this situation and I’m really disappointed that people that don’t know me would think I would go out of my way to cheat. Lastly, I’m way too tight to pay for anything like that, which again the people that know me would 100% agree on how tight I am with my money! This also doesn’t mean that someone else may have paid for them either as like I said earlier, there is no way I would want to cheat the system in any way.

I don’t really know what else to say, and I’m happy for everyone to have their own opinions, but please don’t accuse me of things when you have no idea of who I am or the kind of person I am because this has genuinely upset me.

solelace84

Thread starter #8
Maybe the Devils do know and still gave it to him anyway! Oh well, one extra bum-on-seat!

solelace84

Thread starter #9
Fair enough. Maybe they should have just given you a season ticket for your volunteering efforts instead!

Kal

It's possible that he had a large amount of authentic retweets in a short space of time and bots picked up on it as a popular tweet and started retweeting it themselves as that is something they do for self promotion.

So yes there probably are a large amount of non-authentic retweets but that doesn't mean its foul play on the guys part. 18k was ridiculously low anyway for something that costs upto £500. Good on you for playing the system.

Thread starter #13
Come on. Nearly all of the retweets are fake. But it doesn't affect me, and the Devils obviously know about it. So let's just forget I said anything.

My point was merely that if he had genuinely pulled the wool over the proverbial eyes, that would be terrible...

But the Devils obviously know about it, so I should just shut up.

Hey admin - delete the post... could be perceived as slanderous. Lol (technophobe)

Last edited:

Johnnybravo1927

To be honest I was pleased for him. Never thought he woukd get 18k but he did. I dont know him, not sure I have ever met him but he asked a question, the club set a challenge and he managed it. It was all a bit of fun and I am sure that if the club couldnt afford they wouldnt have offered the proposal.

Just don’t...... I’m sure the motivation was genuine, but it could have consequences. I’m sure the comments on Twitter are perfectly innocent, but it could be misinterpreted, especially when there from certain people with connections to the club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drainage

I know Josh and a less devious person you couldn't wish to meet , he's genuinely a likeable guy. He chirped the Devils after seeing a tweet from New Jersey Devils (I think) they set the challenge and people (like me) encouraged re tweets. He did as he says question some of the accts that re tweeted it but I am guessing neither Josh nor Todd and the Devils had the inclination to check 20k re tweets. All in all good publicity for the team and Josh gets his ST for a cheeky tweet

wildthing74

Wow I am stunned at this and the initial post and the way it is worded is a disgrace with no foundation.

I was with Josh for most of the day on Saturday and he was as stunned as anybody how quick the retweets started to come in. He got teased quite a bit about it but people were just pleased for him.

I thought it would never happen and it was going to be lucky to each a few hundred but good on him for making it happen.

I rarely post on here but having read on twitter there was a thread about it I can't help but bite.

Josh is one of the nicest and most trustworthy people I have ever met over the years watching the club and does not deserve a thread slating him for doing nothing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.