Devils Vs Manchester Storm - Sun 24 Sep 2017 - League - Chat/Updates

Wannabe2

Looking forward to this game, could be a belter. Manchester have a mixture of toughness and skill, hopefully they will bring the best out of us.

Russky

We will be running MNL for this game and I will be in the hosting hot seat from 5:40pm tomorrow. Please send your predictions and/or comments to matchnightlive@gmail.com and I willl do my best to include them before the start of the 2nd period break.

Justtw

So I'm not watching the game, thought "Oh, I'll check match night live.." Anyone care to explain what is happening to our boys in red?? I heard nothing good about last night and now this. Why are we bleeding penalties!?!?!?!?! This is not our first rodeo. No doubt Manchester are not the push over team they were two years ago but we're better than this.

Devil_Abroad

We carry on with the poor defensive display then? Drew Paris reminds me of a poor man's Greg Ware - he has no pace, no defensive sense, and only seems to have a hard shot? Reddick at least has legs but has shown little else, seems to panic when on the puck if an opponent comes within 3 metres, and again has no defensive sense. Faryna is huffing and puffing but no glimpse yet of his form for Stars. We have no settled lines with players building chemistry. We're consistently burned for pace across the ice. When opponents enter our D zone we're either like headless chickens chasing shadows or standing still in clusters of 3 or 4. I'm not sure whether even Lord can work his wonders with this squad. I don't expect too much from this season. Hey ho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having the misfortune of currently watching this on ice time tv! All I can say is I'm glad it's only a 10er I have lost. Awful performance, PK is woeful, defence slow and shakey with terrible outlet passes, forwards having no impact physically, no screen in front of net and no creativity!

Not really wanting to single anyone out, but has to be said that If this performance is anything to go by I haven't seen a worse import since the Brent Pope era as Paul Crowder. Calling his skating clumsy is being kind to him, and I wouldn't say there seems to be a whole lot of jump to his play, along with poor puck handling. After seeing the clip of that hideous slash in MK I can't help but think we'd be better served with a big physical presence on that third line!

Pretty ugly weekend. Our PK stats the last 2 games are at 44% !!! I'd make that the first area to look at.
No easy games in this league, we need the right mindset every night otherwise we'll get burnt!

Just left the game with ten minutes left as it was *edit* embarrassing.

Once again crowder done *edit* all along with a few others I have mentioned before.

Batch can do one along with Reddick Morissette is passed it too.

We have gone backwards nor forwards.

And who ever tells me otherwise knows nothing about hockey.

God we miss bordelaue presence and Scott hotham in defence :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Batch played so bad, certainly not the worst player.
Can't help but feel your right about Morrisette mind maybe a season too far, seems to be an empty shirt at the moment! Reddick is struggling, I don't think he's neccesary a terrible player but not really what's needed considering the make up of our defence and is trying to do too much to impress.
Do agree on Bordeleau whilst he may not have been value for money I'm certain he's being missed!

Everyone was annoyed after the Panthers stuffed us at home last season but at least they were a good side. I might be wrong but I don't remember the Storm side from the late 90s beating us by that many at home. Very disappointing and from a very selfish point of view glad I didn't come up to watch it as I was considering coming.

Gospel

Wow that was absolute drivel. That was a shameful display, completely disjointed all over the ice.

D pairings not right, please please please put Batchy back there.

Forwards lacked everything. No passion, no passing, no back checking & more importantly no goals.

PK well whats can you say! Skating around like headless chickens!!! Reddick in particular.

Its early in the season but the way the league & cup is set up this year, you cant afford to turn up in December and expect to win. Reddick & Crowder of the newbies not great, neither has Mo been.

Some tough decisions needed.

I’d say it’s time for Lord to get his little black book of hockey contacts out, I’m not sure if there are many contacts left. Last yr we needed 3rd period come backs, that ship needs returning, with a major refurbishment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was debating on taking a day off work to get to this game, boy am I glad I didn't, also I'm glad I didn't spend a tenner and watch it in work. I'd be absolutely gutted.

jenks33

-Didn't get the Reddick signing when we signed him and I still don't get. If he was signed as a 6th dman I could understand it but he's played a lot of minutes from game one. I think I remember Lordo saying in an interview that Reddick's signing might raise a few eyebrows but he's been highly recommended, who the hell recommended him - Paul Thompson!
-Apart from the Panthers match last weekend crowder has also been disappointing. I know Asselin was great after a year off but maybe Lordo's pushed his luck with this signing.
- I thought Paris had a shocking weekend but to be fair he was injured last weekend. Maybe he's still carrying that injury so I'll let him off. I'm expecting a lot more from him tho. He's got a great shot but I've been a bit underwhelmed with his all round game so far.
- Morissette and Ulmer are also concerning me a bit at the moment. To be fair to Ulmer his defensive game is good but his confidence in front of goal looks as low as it did this time last season. As for Morrisette I was concerned that this was one season too many and he's shown nothing so far to ease my fears.