MK Lightning Vs Devils - Sat 23 Sep 2017 - CC - Chat/Updates

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Devils first visit to the home of the roundabouts for some CC action. Our last away game in the CC against a new team didn't go so well so hopefully we can get this one right. At the moment it doesn't look like we'll be running MNL as we don't have a host but I'll update the thread if that changes.

ASHIPP

MKL will definitely fancy their chances at home, especially with very loud home support.
Lightening have already won a couple of games and will be feeling confident.

Hope our Guys are prepared for MKL's speed and systems. Must keep winning to stay on track to qualify in the CC - especially after losing away to the Flames. No doubt Peter Russell will have observed and learnt a lot from that opening game against the Devils a few weeks ago.

Gough60

It's a cup game.
Piggsy getting ice time. Missed the start and as yet not heard Lordo's name.
Tinkering with lines I'm sure.

DevilDom

Very poor 2nd period by Devils but credit to lightening who had the edge all night and played with a much greater intensity.

Seems some ex-Devils were intent on making a point to Lordo with their performances tonight - isn't that always the way! However would have had Kearney back ahead of some others this year though.

Devils have lots of speed and skill in the team but to me are so far missing a bit of the grit and work ethic we are used to especially when Lord doesn't play.

At least it's only a CC group game.