Devils Vs Nottingham Panthers - Sun 17 Sep 2017 - League - Chat/Updates

SteveKing

As it relates to the "enforcer" role, I do believe that you can't just have a pure enforcer any more if you want to be a championship calibre team. Now that doesn't mean that you can't have a player who excels at fighting, it just means that he needs to be able to play the game as well. As I've stated, I love the physical side of the sport and we'll continue to look each year for that player that adds the physical element while also being able to play but they are getting harder and harder to find. Our top priority is defending our title so for this year's team, we wanted a team that was faster than last year's team but we tried to add toughness everywhere we could as well given that the right fit wasn't out there for the classic enforcer role. We certainly feel that we have ample toughness throughout the lineup and being bullied to the point of it affecting our talented players is not going to be an issue at all.

I love the banter on the topic!

osh

Anyone who doesn't appreciate the role that Josh Batch carries out is a mystery to me. He has played a significant role over the past few seasons as an important member of our D. He has fought many respected enforcer imports and is now adapting to fill a forward role when asked to do so. No doubt he would have been told that role and what was expected of him prior to re signing, and such is his passion for playing in Cardiff, he remains an important cog in our machine.

Batch is a member of the squad, proof of his skill level and value to the team, anybody having issue with this or any other player is questioning the management of the squad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk