POINT

BostonBart22

Thread starter #1
Think a one point weekend for devils this weekend and thats being genourous, i can see us being smashed all over the ice in these 2 games, steelers and panthers will be out to do us and set the benchmark for the season, the only way we can get at least 2 points is play like we did at home to Davos...

Rempel16

Really? On what basis?

So we are not going to be out to do them and set the benchmark for the season?

Some posts since a Guildford loss have been way OTT!!

One bad game does not a season make.....

And please, can we not resort to 'can we play like we did at home to Davos' all season. We played a well executed trap, and no forecheck. It was an excellent tactic to beat a team of that calibre, but that would get boring played over a whole season. Our forwards would never throw a hit.

Sheffield without Fitzgerald says to me that we should go in there and lay a marker down, with the relentless forechecking game that won in their Arena last year.

BostonBart22

Thread starter #3
Really? On what basis?

So we are not going to be out to do them and set the benchmark for the season?

Some posts since a Guildford loss have been way OTT!!

One bad game does not a season make.....

And please, can we not resort to 'can we play like we did at home to Davos' all season. We played a well executed trap, and no forecheck. It was an excellent tactic to beat a team of that calibre, but that would get boring played over a whole season. Our forwards would never throw a hit.

Sheffield without Fitzgerald says to me that we should go in there and lay a marker down, with the relentless forechecking game that won in their Arena last year.
0n the basis we played below par in both games, against MK fans say we didnt get out of 2nd gear, thats because we wernt allowed to .MK much faster and hungrier , 5 on 5 they were the better side imo, . as for OTT remarks by some fans i dont think mine was, it was just my opinion with 2 massive games coming up....

We will lose to steelers away and have a hard fought game against panthers!
We might scrape a win might but we could also lose by 4..

Depends what team turns up :(

solelace84

Anyone consider that the guys just took it a bit easy? Save some legs for next weekends league games? After an intensive and exhausting CHL run, and considering we have the (hopefully) easiest CC group?!? I know that's what I would have my team do if I were a coach...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea on how this weekend is going to play out, l doubt anyone does. It's not going to be the end of the world if we loose. I just hope it's entertaining.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wannabe2

Think a one point weekend for devils this weekend and thats being genourous, i can see us being smashed all over the ice in these 2 games, steelers and panthers will be out to do us and set the benchmark for the season, the only way we can get at least 2 points is play like we did at home to Davos...

One point and that's being generous ???, who exactly is going to smash us all over the ice ???, sorry but that is so detrimental to our team. Of course the Steelers and Panthers will be out to as you say do us, as we will be out to do them ???. Myself I am expecting at least a 3 point weekend, if not 4. We won't fear any of these two, why should we, both these teams will be concerned about us, and so they should be, and they know it. We have no physical weakness to either of these team, and that's a fact. Why are people being so suicidal to a team that done so incredibly well last season, with the same Coach that led us so well last season. We all have our right to our opinions and quite rightly so, but some remarks on here are so OTT it's untrue, so I am going for 3 points minimum, I watched the whole game Steelers v Panthers, and we can match and better both these two teams for sure, so for me 2 points would be a disappointment, 3 points would be expected, 4 points would be the perfect statement. I have total faith in our Coach, why wouldn't I he has achieved so much since his appointment and will continue to do so, of that I have no doubt. So let's get behind this wicked team, let's do what we are good at, being the extra guy on the ice, let's make our players feel 10 feet tall, after all we are the CARDIFF DEVILS, AND WE ARE NUMBER ONE, NOT TWO, OR THREE, BUT NUMBER ONE..
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

fridaysfingers

Wow there are some real optimists on this forum aren't there!!!

The great thing about sport is that a result is NEVER a given, if team A plays well and puts the effort in then it doesn't matter if they are leagues below team B. That effort has to be matched and if it is players can still have an off day.
I'm reasonably confident Davos were not expecting to get beat by the team they overwhelmed 10 days previous.

As embarrassing as it was, Panthers beating us 8-0 last season on our ice didn't prevent us winning the league, it was only 2 points.

Who knows how the season will pan out, i don't believe in crystal balls, but i do know players shouldn't be judged on a couple of competitive games. (Although a football manager got sacked after 4 games today :() I'm not including CHL games as we or Nottingham wouldn't be expected to compete., but those results do prove my point.
Lighten up guys and enjoy the ride, but it could get bumpy!!!

Gaz G

I reckon we'll beat the Steelers away but lose to the Panthers at home.
The Panthers only have Guildford on Saturday so should stroll through that in second gear and have plenty left in the tank for Sunday.

kingmo19.1

I'm going for a 4 point weekend. Hopefully the players have been rightly bollocked after Guildford and will come out flying in Sheffield. Sunday at home I think we'll also squeeze past Nottingham in O/T.

Wannabe2

I'm going for a 4 point weekend. Hopefully the players have been rightly bollocked after Guildford and will come out flying in Sheffield. Sunday at home I think we'll also squeeze past Nottingham in O/T.
That's the spirit my boy, let's take our bollocking out on Sheffield, as we did last season, then with our amazing atmosphere and us being the extra man, let's take a maximum 4 pointer weekend. Believe me we can do this, I watched the whole of the Steelers/ Panthers game and we can do this, we need to bring our A game to this, but if we do we will be just fine.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

BostonBart22

Thread starter #15
That's the spirit my boy, let's take our bollocking out on Sheffield, as we did last season, then with our amazing atmosphere and us being the extra man, let's take a maximum 4 pointer weekend. Believe me we can do this, I watched the whole of the Steelers/ Panthers game and we can do this, we need to bring our A game to this, but if we do we will be just fine.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.
Hope I am wrong and your right, I will keep the faith ....

kingmo19.1

HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.
Thanks Dad :)