Devils v MK Lightning - Sat 9 Sep 2017 - Challenge cup - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Good win for the devils tonight never really got out of first gear!!

Still need to correct a few things but lookin good..

I love reddick a lot but his positioning at times is terrible he's lucky faryna and Myers both covered him a lot tonight.

Raising the banner was something special and I hope there's more to come
#godevils

Foxy

Well that was like watching a game in slow mo. Devils never got out of 1st gear.

MK rely too much on King. If anything happens to him they are stuffed. Good job Nickerson got a 10 minute misconduct. I think he'd be looking for oxygen if he iced anymore minutes. Number 11 looked out of his depth. looked as though he couldnt cope with pace and ended up giving a shed load of penalties as a result. On the plus side they never gave up.

ASHIPP

Devils won the game with a very average performance. Forechecking and aggression non-existent...it was almost playing non-contact hockey! 8 pp chances before they scored a goal.Think they had left everything on the ice during last week's euphoric, historic incredible game against Davos.

I doubt any player apart from Bownsey would have felt totally satisfied with their performance. Sloppy passing and turnovers won't cut it when Panthers come to town next week. Our Guys will have to return to awesomeness to cope with Nottingham's speed and aggression.

Despite injuries, MKL caused a few problems and at times had the upperhand through good turnovers and tenacious play.

Got to admit, rather satisfying seeing the Hoth land a few cracking punches on Hudson - a couple of old scores settled there if rumours about Hudson(during his last few months as a Devil) are to be believed.

MKL fans were a credit to their club all night putting our dire atmosphere to shame and clapping our team when the banners were raised. Unlike the Lightening team who looked completely disinterested and didn't bother tapping their sticks.

Wonderful to see the banners raised - loved the classy references to Richie's milestone achievements.

jimmy snels

Enjoyed the game inspite of one of the most inept refereeing performances in recent memory! If i was MK i would be furious. Considering the game was pretty clean by most accounts the amount of penalties called was ridiculous and it was as if hicks had a new wistle and was determined to use it!!

For us i thought we looked good as a team. No absolute stand outs for me but thought morrisette looked fitter and faster than he had done and had real intensity in his stride.

James

Administrator
Enjoyed that. MKL are going to compete this year. Tait looked good despite being almost as old as me and I assume his first game of the year. I'm not sure how good their intended starting goalie is but he has to be worried. They'd be crazy to let Wiikman go.

voth26

Decent enough game, plenty positives and things to work on, I liked the fact we didn't panic when mk scored, I think the score would have doubled if it wasn't for wiikiman!!. Clearly there's no love lost between Hotham and Hudson!! Really dirty cheap shot by Hudson. Hicks what can you say same old same old!!, we definitely need to be sharper and more clinical against Steelers and panthers for sure. Definitely think the 4th line needs more ice time. Moore was pretty aggressive as was Faryna and good to see Batchy getting stuck in. I like Pope pretty fiesty player.

august04

A pretty decent atmosphere built up before that game, which was then completely ruined in the first few minutes by an over fussy clown with a whistle in his gob! Some of these refs need to understand that we haven't paid good money to see them be the stars of the show. That was a pretty tame game and that amount of penalties was ludicrous. I was quite impressed with MK. They have one of the best goalies in the league (if he stays fit, surely they must keep him?), a solid Brit core and some decent imports, and they work hard. I hope they do well. Devils never really got out of second gear and a relatively comfortable win. A solid enough start to the CC campaign.

osh

1st gear, 2nd gear ? Whatever gear they were playing in, it was a bit too close for comfort when we have to rely on an empty net goal to ensure the win. Did we underestimate MK perhaps ? Certainly lots of positives to take from the game and certainly need to work on defensive frailties which would be punished by better teams than MK. Good away support who created atmosphere to an otherwise quiet arena. Would much prefer Lord on the ice tbh, but at who's expense I'm not sure.

Ocko

Why do people think that there was a score to settle with Hudson? Both he and Hotham laughed about the fight straight after and seemed best of friends after the game. Hotham went after him for the big hit Hudson put on him, not for score settling.

Did anyone else see Mark Louis jab Lordo with his stick??

Happened in the first period with around 6 minutes to go and he didn't ice Louis until the start of the second period then

august04

Did anyone else see Mark Louis jab Lordo with his stick??

Happened in the first period with around 6 minutes to go and he didn't ice Louis until the start of the second period then
If it happened he's probably fed up with his lack of minutes. I think I would be too when you see Reddick playing as much as Hotham in those CHL matches (realise he was on the PP) and Louis way down the pecking order. Louis and Fournier were a great D pairing for us last year, seems strange to have split them and Louis doesn't look the same player. Saying all that, you can't go around jabbing the coach with your stick, only one winner in that scenario - if indeed it happened.

pjj365

1st gear, 2nd gear ? Whatever gear they were playing in, it was a bit too close for comfort when we have to rely on an empty net goal to ensure the win. Did we underestimate MK perhaps ? Certainly lots of positives to take from the game and certainly need to work on defensive frailties which would be punished by better teams than MK. Good away support who created atmosphere to an otherwise quiet arena. Would much prefer Lord on the ice tbh, but at who's expense I'm not sure.
Not sure about relying on the empty net to win. Sure 4-2 up with 2 mins to go is not comfortable but not sure I would describe the empty netter in the same way

Ocko

If it happened he's probably fed up with his lack of minutes. I think I would be too when you see Reddick playing as much as Hotham in those CHL matches (realise he was on the PP) and Louis way down the pecking order. Louis and Fournier were a great D pairing for us last year, seems strange to have split them and Louis doesn't look the same player. Saying all that, you can't go around jabbing the coach with your stick, only one winner in that scenario - if indeed it happened.
If it happened that's not on and I'm sure Lordo will deal with it.

I'd take him in 5 on 5 scenarios over Reddick for sure. But, aren't those two paired together? It makes sense to put all your top 4 D together so I get that and he has never been a PP player so that's why Reddick gets more ice in those situations.

But, has Louis come back in good shape? He certainly seems a little quieter than last year and a bit bigger too... just speculating as a reason why.

[emoji31] was it in jest?! What was Lordos reaction?

It was in the rib area...

Something must of said as he was coming off the ice for a line change and I saw him on the bench and Louis said something while he jabbed him with his stick

He just looked at him and then turned back to the ice and didn't ice him then until next period
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk