Devils v Bili Tygri Liberec - Thurs 31 Aug 2017 / 7:00pm

I'm in two camps, one part of me says go as it's another level etc, but the other part of me prefers to watch competitive hockey. I'm not so sure Liberac played to their full potential, as for Davos if they turn up playing the level they did at home, who wants to witness another defeat of that magnitude. Maybe if the hockey gods could shine on us, next year bring two NHL teams to play a UK exhibition tour, maybe Calgary Steve. That I'm sure would sell, be far more enjoyable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Pipe dreams! Doubt any NHL team fancy an exhibition tour over here playing in arenas with a capacity of just 3000! The Giants were successful in attracting the Boston Bruins to the O in Belfast a few years ago as part of a European Exhibition Tour because of the Irish connection, the fantastic facilities at the O, the crowd capacity. But it was the only game the Bruins played in the UK.

The difficulty we have in CHL tournament at the moment is our lack of experience. The Club hasn't played in a European competition for a very, very long time so they are novices at this level. They are using the tournament in exactly the way they should - a learning experience for coaches and players to better themselves. Because of the differential, if we accept that there is more probability that our team will lose rather than win, it is still a great opportunity to see some of the best teams in Europe playing in our place.

Last edited:

Pondlife

Pipe dreams! Doubt any NHL team fancy an exhibition tour over here playing in arenas with a capacity of just 3000! The Giants were successful in attracting the Boston Bruins to the O in Belfast a few years ago as part of a European Exhibition Tour because of the Irish connection, the fantastic facilities at the O, the crowd capacity. But it was the only game the Bruins played in the UK.
NHL has a hockey tour to china for preseason games this year.
https://www.nhl.com/fans/nhl-china-games

I did mention hockey gods, so the chances of the NHL coming here a zero. I read on here that preseason is financially rewarding to the club, why having our backers I don't understand, it just is a bit blah, especially when the rink is so empty and the better sides not only likely to win but don't break much of a sweat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ocko

Think they were a fiver but I'd imagine that was because of lower costs possibly? But as you say tickets could have been lower, like a tenner maybe
Personally I had no problem with the ticket prices for pre season and CHL, however the attendances have shown that the club have probably got it a little wrong. Whilst I respect the fact that the product they put out is worth a premium I think the club might've missed a trick.

For a perspective, I think the Steelers charged a fiver or something like that for their friendly against the Storm and had about 8k people there.

Ocko

The difficulty we have in CHL tournament at the moment is our lack of experience. The Club hasn't played in a European competition for a very, very long time so they are novices at this level. They are using the tournament in exactly the way they should - a learning experience for coaches and players to better themselves. Because of the differential, if we accept that there is more probability that our team will lose rather than win, it is still a great opportunity to see some of the best teams in Europe playing in our place.
I don't think it's down to not being in Europe for a while. Most of our players have played in Europe at some point. The problems for me were more ability based that experience won't help. The footspeed of our D being the biggest killer for me. Great for EIHL, not so much for CHL. No amount of experience will help that.

Have Hope#35

Personally I had no problem with the ticket prices for pre season and CHL, however the attendances have shown that the club have probably got it a little wrong. Whilst I respect the fact that the product they put out is worth a premium I think the club might've missed a trick.

For a perspective, I think the Steelers charged a fiver or something like that for their friendly against the Storm and had about 8k people there.
Price was reduced which would've helped with Ticket Sales... It was also their Playoff Banner Raising evening so that would've helped as well!

Loads of moaners on this forum!!! Go out and support our club tonight ! If you have a defeatist attitude you will do little to help our team grow. Call me mental but we have a good team and with the home ice advantage anything could happen!