Parking this weekend?

Been in Morrisons today, I don't know if the signs have changed, as you drive in from the roundabout entrance, opposite the garage, there is a sign warning the Car park is for limited time whilst shopping and is pretty large. If you miss that 1) You shouldn't be driving 2) There are plenty medium size signs. Until any official statement from the relevant authority granting permission to park outside of those stated Terms & Conditions of use of that private land, I'd stay away. The Harvester opposite Morrisons also has cameras and is enforcing limited parking for the sole use of its clients using the restaurant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vartel

There is a midnight opening of Toys-R-Us for a special release of Star Wars toys (for the next movie which comes out in December). So their carpark might be left open tomorrow to allow those going to the midnight opening to get in/out. Although they might still lock up the car park as normal and open it shortly before their midnight event. It might be worth someone who will need to park checking with them about tomorrow

Parking Updated from Devils Website (http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/security-checks-queues-and-car-parking-update/):

PARKING UPDATE AHEAD OF CHL GAMES
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW RELATING TO PARKING FOR DEVILS HOME GAMES:

PARKING AT MORRISONS – After a successful meeting last week, the Devils can confirm a structure for car parking at Morrisons for the duration of the season.

An ANPR camera system has been installed at the Cardiff Bay store by Morrisons head office to provide suitable parking for their clients during store opening times. These cameras operate a 3-hour limit, but will shortly be reduced down to 2 hours. The ANPR system is not owned or operated by Morrisons but by Parking Eye, with full operation provided by the company.

We have now agreed the following with Morrisons and Parking Eye:

SUNDAY GAMES - Free parking for all Sunday games is now available for Cardiff Devils patrons at the store. The ANPR cameras will be turned off at 4pm on Sunday and will be re activated at 8:00am on the Monday. The Devils have agreed to arrange a clean up of the car park as during previous agreements, a large amount of litter had been left at the car park. We urge fans to please respect our neighbours who have been extremely helpful by offering their assistance in keeping the carpark clean.

SATURDAY AND MID-WEEK GAMES - As the store is open until 10:00pm on all days except Sundays, the ANPR cameras will be active and tickets will be issued to anyone overstaying the time restrictions. We have agreed that players, staff and volunteers cars will be parked in Morrisons to free up additional spaces in Ice Arena Wales carpark. These cars are only able to park in Morrisons due to registrations being allocated onto the ANPR system. We cannot stress enough that any cars parked in Morrisons over the restricted time limit will be issued parking tickets on all days except Sunday night.

We will continue to remind fans throughout the season of parking availability in Morrisons via social media, on tickets and via the website. We would like to thank Morrisons and their store managers for assisting us with parking as the help provided to us is invaluable. We would like to urge fans to please respect their assistance and please do not leave litter in the car park.

PARKING ON SITE – Cardiff Council have agreed to open up the parking area that has recently been fenced off, which was the front carpark for the old Big Blue Tent. This will add about 100 car park spaces on top of the Ice Arena Wales carpark.

CARDIFF BAY YACHT CLUB have also kindly agreed to let Devils fans park in their overflow carpark area, which is located just outside the front gate of the yacht club, on the left-hand side as you drive up (the side closest to the water). To get here, instead of turning left into the Carpark for the IAW, turn right and follow that road down to the Yacht Club entrance.

TOYS R US CARPARK – is completely off limits. It will be locked and if you park here, your vehicle will be locked inside from 6pm.

We are continuing to push Greenbank and Cardiff Council for more parking availability for home games, and when we have additional information, we will post updates on our website and through our social media channels. We are also exploring the idea of a park and ride facility to and from IAW for home games. An update on this will be posted next week.

Pondlife

Thread starter #211
It's a shame we have so many Saturday games ( I think 15) these will cause a parking nightmare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
19 to consider including midweek.

I'm going to use Cogan station or the leisure centre, as by the time you've queued to get out of the IAW you could probably walk to Cogan and back again.

Bazza

Well left the house this morning to see numerous McDonald's wrappers and other rubbish just dumped by fans last night. What a wonderful set of people we have. The minority yes, but 1 is one too many.

A load on the lane to the Yacht Club who kindly have allowed the fans to use their overflow, a pile in the residents car park, the old BBT area, the swimming pool area, the IAW car park. Dread to think what was left in Morrison's.

Wish I could name and shame, closest I can do is ASSUME that the large DPD van that parked in the residents car park was one of the culprits purely because there was a large pile of McDonald's trash exactly where his van was parked. DPD = Don't Provide Dustbins?

Embarrassed as a fan, disgusted as a resident, amazed as a human being.

davew

Hopefully people will start to get the message.

One worry is with the "food ban" in the rink, that people are just eating before they get to the rink, and not taking their rubbish with them to put in the bins outside the rink or indeed in the bins as you enter...which would be a better bet so that the club/Greenbank can see that people do not want the food on offer in the rink.

I think part of the problem is not enough bins, as we arrived at about half 5 yesterday and all the bins outside the rink were already full. Was also told that those bins are owned by the pool not us so would be up to them to keep control of them

I'm not a fan of McDonalds and l may come across a bit judgemental, but honestly if someone has no respect for their own bodies, the chances of them respecting the environment they live in is likely to be zero. It's a big problem for fast food outlets, they sell crap and unfortunately a large percentage of the clients are disinterested in caring for the community, very similar attitude as that of dogs.

I apologise to the few McDonald's clients who I'm sure take care of themselves and dispose of the rubbish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjj365

You are right on the bins

It is one of the reasons smokers prevented in - so all the buts go on the floor in one place for later clearing. Thus avoiding the cost of bins and pressure from the council. We smokers do not want to litter the place WE WANT BINS and they are obviously needed for food packaging waste..

Yes you can leave rubbish in your car and you should But come on IAW get real help out

Bazza

I think part of the problem is not enough bins, as we arrived at about half 5 yesterday and all the bins outside the rink were already full. Was also told that those bins are owned by the pool not us so would be up to them to keep control of them
Fair enough by the rink, although other bins are in the rink, but when you have a car to take you litter home with you it does not really support the argument!!! Josh may be nearer to the point although nothing wrong with some chicken selects!!