Parking this weekend?

pjj365

Pondlife is spot on
As an example the proposed development in the Bay (opposite the Norwegian Church) shows planned parking provision of 0.3 spaces per unit - flats and retail units

Bazza

Not sure how full Morrisons was but a number of fans pi55ed the residents off by parking in the residents car park again. At least 3 residents could not park outside their own homes when returning which is pretty unfair.

Todd read out 2 number plates (I'm guessing one was a well known hairdresser/sponsor) but there were at least 5 other cars in the car park. Residents said will start logging numbers and calling council as it is a space they pay to use as part of their fees.

Really won't help matters when residents get to the point of blocking cars in - there will be about 100 doorbells to ring to ask whose car is behind yours!!!

Think fans need to think twice before dumping their car for 3 or 4 hours. Imagine coming home to your house and not getting into your street.

ASHIPP

A friend of mine observed quite a few Devils'fans departing Morrison's carpark after tonight's game. Thought the Club had issued instructions not to park there until new arrangements can be made.

Bazza

A friend of mine observed quite a few Devils'fans departing Morrison's carpark after tonight's game. Thought the Club had issued instructions not to park there until new arrangements can be made.
I thought it said Sunday was ok? Or was that only after speaking to manager?

Foxy

I parked in the pool tonight. Was waiting for the club to confirm the morrisons car arrangement. Have to be honest though i dont have a clue where the resident parking is. Are the places marked?

Bazza

I parked in the pool tonight. Was waiting for the club to confirm the morrisons car arrangement. Have to be honest though i dont have a clue where the resident parking is. Are the places marked?
It is basically opposite the old BBT, where the Cardiff Pointe sales hut used to be.

A small sign says "resident's only beyond here" for the street but the cones on the front of the car park seem to get ignored! I do think Kier or Saville's or somebody needs to clearly mark the car park as resident's only - but I know the fans who used it know it is not for them!!

Speaking to one of my neighbours last night he said he is very tempted to park his car directly behind some of the fan's cars in future as he could not park outside his own house and them trying to gain 5 minutes by parking there could be costly when trying to leave! Probably better that it does not come to this...

As the team's MD and coach live down there I am sure they don't want grief off their neighbours!!

youngbob

Parked across the river on Marconi Avenue, plenty of space along there without getting in the resident's way, and a public car park 200 yards from the Oystercatcher, then it's about 10 minutes to walk over footbridge and past white water rafting

kettdevil1

Parked across the river on Marconi Avenue, plenty of space along there without getting in the resident's way, and a public car park 200 yards from the Oystercatcher, then it's about 10 minutes to walk over footbridge and past white water rafting
Ditto, apart from a bit of a drizzle it was a lovely walk to the rink via the marina and over the bridge. It was also easy to get away after the game....

Gough60

parked in pool car park.
have to say the behavior of some drivers just cutting in to get out of the car park was
appalling. if had just filtered in, would have moved a lot quicker.

Lets all jump on how dreadful the parking was and how inconvenienced you all were having to queue to get out of car park that's directly opposite a crossing with hundreds of people waiting to cross the road in the rain.

I must admit that if I was inconvenienced by loads of people of parking outside my house I wouldn't be happy. But then again I wouldn't buy a property thats opposite a busy swimming pool and even busier ice rink once a week. The organisation have clearly had a good go at sorting parking out and I trust TK and Company will pull it out of the bag soon.

As for rubbish there's no need for it, there's plenty of bins around..... Use them.

Lastly lets just appreciate how good our team is shaping up to be. If I have to park 15 minutes away to watch that team every week I'll happily do it.

Diafol

parked in pool car park.
have to say the behavior of some drivers just cutting in to get out of the car park was appalling. if had just filtered in, would have moved a lot quicker.
That's why we stayed in the bar for a while. No point in sitting in a stationary car for half an hour with the engine running as people push past or refuse to let you out.

Bazza

I must admit that if I was inconvenienced by loads of people of parking outside my house I wouldn't be happy. But then again I wouldn't buy a property thats opposite a busy swimming pool and even busier ice rink once a week. The organisation have clearly had a good go at sorting parking out and I trust TK and Company will pull it out of the bag soon.
Not everybody has bought...some are rentals!!!

Gough60

Lets all jump on how dreadful the parking was and how inconvenienced you all were having to queue to get out of car park that's directly opposite a crossing with hundreds of people waiting to cross the road in the rain.

As for rubbish there's no need for it, there's plenty of bins around..... Use them.

Lastly lets just appreciate how good our team is shaping up to be. If I have to park 15 minutes away to watch that team every week I'll happily do it.

Firstly I agree that the rubbish situation is unacceptable.
Secondly as I posted it was the drivers just forcing their way in that made
exiting the car park a lot worse th a it should have been, even allowing for the traffic on
the main road and the crossing on it.
Thirdly the thread is about parking. I have posted how good we are looking after that performance
last night. Maybe I should have posted my comments on the netball thread.

Firstly I agree that the rubbish situation is unacceptable.
Secondly as I posted it was the drivers just forcing their way in that made
exiting the car park a lot worse th a it should have been, even allowing for the traffic on
the main road and the crossing on it.
Thirdly the thread is about parking. I have posted how good we are looking after that performance
last night. Maybe I should have posted my comments on the netball thread.
I dont know why you think my post was aimed at your post, If I wanted to aim it at someone I would have clicked the reply button.

How ironic that you are doing a bit of back seat moderating and suggest my post about how good the team is off topic. Maybe as this is a "Hockey" forum we shouldnt be discussing parking arrangements at all.

Looks to me like you are trying to troll my post when it was intended as a general statement and not meant to be causing offence to anyone.

James

Administrator
Sorry HothamCity, Ffil06 is quite right to post about parking on a parking thread. Its not really back seat moderation. Lets all assume no one was meaning to cause offense :D