Devils v Braehead Clan - Sat 19 Aug 2017 / 7:00pm

Wannabe2

Highlights for me from last night, Murdy so very good, Moore this lad could easy be a import, Braehead,s Doty lining up Ulmer for a hit, Ulmer deeking out of the way, and Doty taking out his own man, we then break thru for a goal. Different proposition tonight, let's get this on.

Bennys goal was a thing of real beauty, Clan missing 6 imports which was a shame, a training excercise for us tonight.
Felt very much like a training game if a little bit more physical than usual. My first game of the season and observations:
  1. Fears of security and parking chaos were way off mark. Parking was easy. Security was slick and a huge improvement was being able to enter the arena early. Genius! Todd looked relaxed, so all the work and planning in the week was worth it.
  2. Lighting: Was it my eyes or was there an upgrade & improvement on the lighting and coloured lighting?
  3. Standouts: Craig Moore (hungry); Mad Dog (immaculate); Reddick (chippy) and easy to overlook Faryna's two goals because Benti's was so classy. Which reminded me that Benti's hat trick last season was ignored by hats and without one last night, I risked the embarassment again. My bad.
  4. Clan are going to have a tough season.
  5. Can't wait for the intensity of those big games to return as Lordo et al have built a top squad (again)