Parking this weekend?

Tad-cu

I thought some people might find this interesting. It is part of the official communication from Coventry City FC for the benefit of visiting Newport County supporters.

There has also been a change of Management Company at the large Tesco car park next door, which strictly enforces a no more than 2 hour stay regulation on a match day. They use an ANPR system and a £100 fine (£60 if paid within 14 days) is sent through the post if the stay goes over this.

pjj365

Well in fairness I have had a response from Morrison's from my email.

Thank you for contacting us.

I have a response from the store Manager Mark and the Estates team Here at Head Office regarding the parking at the store.

They have advised that you are able to use the car park when the store is closed, so feel free to use this on Sunday's from 4pm.

We kindly ask not to use in opening hours as we need to make sure spaces are available for our customers.

Kind regards,
Tracey Mcaleavy

Customer Assistant
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC

Perhaps we need to go back to Sunday being the Hockey night in Cardiff.
Looks !like "Tabby" who responded to my Tweets needs to talk to his/her own people
I go just a flat "no" - nice on Jonesy83

Kal

I'd still be cautious about parking in Morrison's even on a Sunday I've seen Parking Eye issue fines out of ours before and i doubt Morrison's will do anything to help you get out of it

I think this should be confirmed by the club and morrisons on the website and social media before anyone parks there on Sunday, just to be 100% sure.

With the meetings they're having this week the Devils could come back with a completely different parking arrangement

I had another email from Tracey. As the club has not announced anything yet I thought I'd share it with you.

Manager Mark advised that the camera system has not yet been installed but he did make this clear you are fine to park after store has closed on Sundays.

If you need to clarify this just ask to speak to a store Duty Manager when next in or call the store direct on 02920 232 883.

Kind regards,
Tracey Mcaleavy
Customer Assistant
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC

Kal

Opportunity here for us as devils fans to show we can respect Morrison's rules and only park there on Sunday even tho we know the camera system isn't installed yet. Anyone that parks there Saturday is basically proving we have no respect for the help Morrison's have offered and will probably encourage a full ban.

Opportunity here for us as devils fans to show we can respect Morrison's rules and only park there on Sunday even tho we know the camera system isn't installed yet. Anyone that parks there Saturday is basically proving we have no respect for the help Morrison's have offered and will probably encourage a full ban.
I agree. Also, any person that parks in toys r us, knowing full well they don't allow it, and then smashes a gate down when they get locked in, frankly deserves to be arrested for criminal damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

terry hunt

Usual excellent work by TK,Katrina and the rest of this top class organisation.
I suspect that some Devils fans will park in Morrisons tomorrow.I hope they will respect the designated areas and if anyone is spotted parking selfishly they should be politely reminded of the situation.

ASHIPP

Again the Club comes up trumps, dealing quickly with issues and worries that concern the fans and the Club itself. It's a credit to them that they have been able to agree several temporary options.

It makes shameful reading on the website that fans were leaving trash in that carpark....and parking in areas where they had categorically been told not to. Add to that the Toys R Us situation and it's apparent that some fans are letting the Club down as well as fellow fans.

Let's hope people read, listen to, and respect any new instructions. Blow these chances again and the reputation of Club and fans is further damaged. Simples.

**** Hope instruction flyers will be given out to all fans at games once parking options are finalised. Not everyone reads the OS, Twitter, the Inferno ****

Last edited:

Sliput

The club were always going to do what they could regarding the parking. I just wish people would give them a chance to sort problems out before moaning about them.
It's as though some HAVE to find something to moan about.

Rome wasn't built in a day !

Pondlife

Thread starter #176
Maybe it's worth posting on the other team's sites so everyone knows the rules. I'm pretty sure they won't be wanting an £85 parking charge and we don't want them screwing it up for us either.

The club were always going to do what they could regarding the parking. I just wish people would give them a chance to sort problems out before moaning about them.
It's as though some HAVE to find something to moan about.

Rome wasn't built in a day !
Im reading mostly complaints aimed at Greenbank and the Council more than the club. I agree Rome wasn't built in a day, but when it was finished, l bet they had room for the chariots. It shouldn't have reached this far, the IAW should have had parking planned, the planned parking was designed into the ski slope, but wouldn't have provided sufficient parking for all the users of the finished development, which included hotel, ski, shopping, IAW and the pool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AgaiIt makes shameful reading on the website that fans were leaving trash in that carpark....and parking in areas where they had categorically been told not to. Add to that the Toys R Us situation and it's apparent that some fans are letting the Club down as well as fellow fans.
Totally agree regarding rubbish and vandalism, totally unacceptabe. But anyone that parks at Morrisons will know, come a sell out, you won't be getting a space at all in that car park unless you are there a fair while before the puck drops. We invade that car park entirely.

Arrive 10-40 mins before face off and your probably left with a decision of miss face off and go somewhere else or "create" a space on hashed areas or parking in front of the actual bins themselves.

Even if Morrisons agree to allow us to use that back area again, which would be a great gesture, it doesn't solve that we create more traffic than the spaces we have available between the IAW, BBT, Pool and Morrisons.

Until we do/do not get a multi story for the village the only thing I can think of is a park and ride system in conjunction with the council on match nights. Don't think it would work with current FO times and city's home games on Saturdays, but CCS has ample parking and is only one junction away? Or perhaps running the 666 again from near SD2 on a shuttle route?

Pondlife

Thread starter #180
My tuppence is that nowhere in the "sports village" are they going to allocate enough space for sufficient parking on a Sat night 20 odd weeks of the year for 3000 fans. That space represents another block of flats and the millions it's worth. We need to come to an arrangement with morrisons/ASDA/tesco/Cogan leisure centre.