Devils v panthers!!

ASHIPP

The great thing about the pre-season games is that the team get a chance to gel in game situations and test their fitness levels. The Coach gets to try different systems and combinations....and identify any potential areas of concern.

Lordo is a slave to the Craft. Don't worry, he'll devise sytems the players can execute to combat concerns like fitness, size and positioning.

It looked good to me a pre season is warming up come this time next week the boys will have 4 games under there belt and an extra week of training it looks promising.

voth26

Given we've played 2 preseason games, I find it amazing to read that some people seem to be writing off the Devils this year!!. I know things weren't perfect in either game but that's what preseason games are for!! panthers were missing players so obviously they are going to be stronger with a full team, but i just don't get some of the negatively?. Just my humble thoughts

Temme

@ OP i find what you've said quite interesting, i thought Paris was a real standout on D and looks a very similar mould to Mark Louis, given his PIMS/fight card i figured he wouldn't be a rough and tumble guy, but i was surprised at just how soft he was against the boards etc - but looks a great find.

Moving on to Reddick - again these are thoughts after ONE GAME so take them with a pinch of salt, but i did not like his style of play one bit.
too quick jumping in on the play & numerous times Joey Martin (our #1 player!) was covering back on D so Reddick could join the rush.
Again i expect this to change as the team gels and matures but i would be surprised if that style continues for the whole season.
Crowder looks like Callum Buglass, can clearly play a bit too.

Very difficult to pick any other standouts, a pretty well rounded performance overall.
Robert Farmer played like an absolute demon mind & when Nottingham are playing at full strength i still have them down as winning the league... :)

James

Administrator
Belfast is partly going to depend on how Keefe fairs as a coach. We've seen what looks like very good teams on paper have it coached out of them before.