Parking this weekend?

What I'm getting at is if you purchase something in there and return within the 3hrs you are very unlucky to have been caught/penalised... I am aware of the actual terminology of the notice though! My primary question was regarding Sunday after opening hours... Do you have any response to that?
I'm sorry if I've upset you.

What I'm getting at is the " for use only whilst shopping". If you went to court you'd have to justify the whole period you parked, you are only allowed to park for the time you leave your vehicle, do your shop, load your car and leave.

If the store is closed how can you be shopping, if the store is closed you cannot, can you. So you'd be liable as the car park is private land, for the use of its customers whilst shopping. If your not shopping you are not allowed to park, it's not hard to understand surely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
not 100% but the gate on the bridge going back over to the Oyster Catcher/Tesco looked locked when i drove past after the game.
No they don't ever lock it. Sometimes the entrance IAW side near the bus stop might be closed, but then you just walk a bit further down and go down the path behind the apartments where the pelican crossing is.

Only time bridge closes is when it raises

terry hunt

I have been having a think about this today(alwaya dangerous i know).
Would it be feasible for the Devils organisation to make an appoach to Cardiff Council as follows.
Leave the West Cardiff park & ride near the City Stadium)open on match nights until 2230hrs.
Use one of the Cardiff Bus routes to pickup from here.I am not familiar with the services in this area but there is a regular stop opposite Morrisons.Cardiffians would know more about the services.
If it is not feasible for Cardiff Bus to do this perhaps New Adventure Travel could be sounded out if they could run a shuttle bus.They have done a shuttle for us before.I am sure there is a lot of know how amongst the Red Army travel group to lend their expertise to this.
There are obvious problems with this including fans would have to pay for it and give support to make it feasible to the operator.
I am certain this is not a perfect solution and there must be fans who have experience of logistics to find an answer.
It would be sensible to try a diplomat approach to this problem before we start sending nasty letters,demonstrating etc that usually make people refuse to move on their positions.
We have quite a few high level businesses sponsoring the Devils it may be worth tapping them up for advice/help.

Thanks.
I've been to pick up my season ticket this morning and have done some parking research.

1. Tesco mentioned above has a three hour parking limit and has fines in place for those exceeding this.

2. Asda (behind Morrisons) also has a three hour parking limit with fines.

3. The Oyster Catcher pub across the road from Tesco has no parking restrictions and is very close to the foot bridge which brings you out by the White Water centre.

4. If you take the road to the left of Oyster Catcher (Marconi Drive I think), approx 30 yards along on the right hand side is a free car park with space for 67 cars. Again this is close to the foot bridge.

5. The Harvester near the rink has a three hour parking restriction with fines.

6. Global Reach offices which face International Drive (Global Reach, Dunleavy Dr, Cardiff CF11 0SN) has a large car park I could not see any signs with parking restrictions. This is a short walk to the rink along Dunleavy Drive and across to the rink or the other way along Watkiss Way passed the White Water centre.

Hope this information is helpful.
Global Reach still seems to be the nearest without restrictions.

Kal

As i said wasn't 100% i drove past and where i thought the opening for the bridge was there was a big blue gate/fence that looked locked

Have Hope#35

I'm sorry if I've upset you.

What I'm getting at is the " for use only whilst shopping". If you went to court you'd have to justify the whole period you parked, you are only allowed to park for the time you leave your vehicle, do your shop, load your car and leave.

If the store is closed how can you be shopping, if the store is closed you cannot, can you. So you'd be liable as the car park is private land, for the use of its customers whilst shopping. If your not shopping you are not allowed to park, it's not hard to understand surely.

You haven't upset me at all...

For what it's worth I agree with what your saying, there's no question that it's open to interpretation though! The main thing I'm getting at is that ParkingEye can only penalise you on the basis of loss of income... Now whether that be from overstaying your welcome in a Pay & Display Car Park, which of course it's not as it's Free or loss of earnings from someone being parked in a space that someone could be using to shop!? After hours on a Sunday neither of these are relevant... therefore if you got a Penalty and got taken to Court (very unlikely) you'd easily be able to overturn it!

dave

Nope its just around the corner by the harvester.. Global reach is a private car park for staff that would there (24/7)..It is manned by on site security...

Pondlife

Thread starter #132

For what it's worth I agree with what your saying, there's no question that it's open to interpretation though! The main thing I'm getting at is that ParkingEye can only penalise you on the basis of loss of income... Now whether that be from overstaying your welcome in a Pay & Display Car Park, which of course it's not as it's Free or loss of earnings from someone being parked in a space that someone could be using to shop!? After hours on a Sunday neither of these are relevant... therefore if you got a Penalty and got taken to Court (very unlikely) you'd easily be able to overturn it!
I'm not sure it works that way with these companies. It's not a penalty since they cannot legally fine you. When you drive in past the sign you are entering into an agreement that says you accept it costs £85 to park there. However, if you leave within 2 hours and are there for the sole purpose of using the shop they will allow you to park for free. It's not about loss of earnings, it's about you paying the agreed (by default) £85 parking fee. Ridiculous I know but that's how these cowboys operate.

drainage

I'm not sure it works that way with these companies. It's not a penalty since they cannot legally fine you. When you drive in past the sign you are entering into an agreement that says you accept it costs £85 to park there. However, if you leave within 2 hours and are there for the sole purpose of using the shop they will allow you to park for free. It's not about loss of earnings, it's about you paying the agreed (by default) £85 parking fee. Ridiculous I know but that's how these cowboys operate.
If Parking Eye are their provider they are a very agressive company and will bombard you with letters and the threat of court action. I was parked quite legally in a hotel car park June 2016 - the receptionist took my car reg and entered it into the machine for me, she logged one letter wrong. I was fined and it took until Dec 2016 to get the fine cancelled . Parking Eye refused to respond (beyond yet another demand for money) I eventually tracked someone down in the hotel who confirmed I was legally parked and got them to stop. I had over 20 letters from them when it stopped

Cedar Tree Farm pub is not too far and there is an Aldi next to that. Anyone know if they have restrictions?

Also, what about the Yacht Club? Did they allow parking last season?

Parking Eye Ltd took a case to the court back in 2012, prior to that date most advice was to simply ignore in the hope they would not enforce. Parking Eye I'm afraid won and that case has changed the advice, it also clarified at what price they could charge.They currently issue around 30,000 court papers per annum, around 10,000 do go to court, roughly 98% succeed.

If you park on that land when the store is closed you do not have the land owners permission, the signs clearly state the land is only to be used by whilst using the store. It's not unclear, it's perfectly well written.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...file/9155/guidance-unpaid-parking-charges.pdf

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4/enacted

http://parkingfine-appeals.co.uk/keeper-liability-explained/

Parking Eye use the DVLA for driver details. It's a company that turns over tens of millions of £'s per year enforcing fines, the law I'm afraid is on their side.

Current advice is basically do not park on private land for any purpose other than its intended use. Parking for 3 hours for a bottle of water or when the store is closed simply does not cut any ice in Court. If you receive a charge notice and your circumstances fall within the required appeal criteria you may lodge a challenge.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Just a quick heads up, as you can imagine our wonderfully professional club are addressing the parking situation, the lovely Katrina is meeting with the Council this week to address the problems we are experiencing, so rest assured this isn't being swept under the carpet. It certainly is a problem down there but people are on the case to alleviate things. And a update on things will be forthcoming very soon.

matbur

Really liking the sound of this, hopefully there will be a sensible solution or comprimise - parking isn't their problem but it is within their interests to ensure fans have easy access etc.

One thing I really love about the organisation is that the staff do generally try and fix things and when they do, they usually they get things right. There was a lot of frustration queuing outside on Sunday and you can imagine how much of a nightmare it would've been if the weather was really bad, but you could see Todd and Katrina were outside genuinely concerned and apologising. The people running the IAW need a right good kick up the arse but as far as the Devils' staff go, as a fan and customer, I really can't fault them. I don't think they read these forums but I hope they realise their efforts are appreciated.

Have Hope#35

Really liking the sound of this, hopefully there will be a sensible solution or comprimise - parking isn't their problem but it is within their interests to ensure fans have easy access etc.

One thing I really love about the organisation is that the staff do generally try and fix things and when they do, they usually they get things right. There was a lot of frustration queuing outside on Sunday and you can imagine how much of a nightmare it would've been if the weather was really bad, but you could see Todd and Katrina were outside genuinely concerned and apologising. The people running the IAW need a right good kick up the arse but as far as the Devils' staff go, as a fan and customer, I really can't fault them. I don't think they read these forums but I hope they realise their efforts are appreciated.
Completely agree with this... The IAW member of staff at the front by the doors didn't even know there was a no bag line! Todd and Katrina came out to see what was going on and within a couple of minutes the line was moving 5-10 times quicker. The IAW organisation is shambolic - This is a rule that has been implemented by IAW and it takes Cardiff Devils Staff to get things resolved :rolleyes:

Bazza

Cedar Tree Farm pub is not too far and there is an Aldi next to that. Anyone know if they have restrictions?

Also, what about the Yacht Club? Did they allow parking last season?
The Yacht club has a key card/swipe/PIN access so cant get in anyway unless a member or dining at the club I guess??