Parking this weekend?

davew

Thanks, the trouble is there is NO other parking (paid or otherwise) shown that is not restricted to customers only.... excerpt from the penarth marina handbook:

CAR PARKING There are three car parks available for customer use. These are along the edge of the outer basin, opposite the main access gate of the inner basin (the car park with the barrier) and at the south western end of the inner basin. Berth holders have free parking and there is a pay and display facility for visitors.

Thanks, the trouble is there is NO other parking (paid or otherwise) shown that is not restricted to customers only.... excerpt from the penarth marina handbook:

CAR PARKING There are three car parks available for customer use. These are along the edge of the outer basin, opposite the main access gate of the inner basin (the car park with the barrier) and at the south western end of the inner basin. Berth holders have free parking and there is a pay and display facility for visitors.
That's not actually the case - these are all public car parks (3 pay and display and 1 completely free) that are available for Marina Customers to use, not exclusive for Marina customers use, it is where tourists park etc in the summer, so devils fans can use these quite happily

davew

That's not actually the case - these are all public car parks (3 pay and display and 1 completely free) that are available for Marina Customers to use, not exclusive for Marina customers use, it is where tourists park etc in the summer, so devils fans can use these quite happily
Good to know.

drainage

What is the postcode for these? I'm not from the area so wouldn't know how to get there or how far away they are.
I googled Penarth Marina and got this Harbour Masters Office, Penarth Portway, Penarth CF64 1TQ - not sure where parking is but am guessing head down Marconi Ave (runs in front of the Oystercatcher) in that general direction.

Hopefully someone else can confirm if I am right

I googled Penarth Marina and got this Harbour Masters Office, Penarth Portway, Penarth CF64 1TQ - not sure where parking is but am guessing head down Marconi Ave (runs in front of the Oystercatcher) in that general direction.

Hopefully someone else can confirm if I am right
If you drive pas the front of the OysterCatcher - about 200 yards later on the right is a public free car park. (There is also on road parking down this stretch).

Otherwise drive behind the oyster catcher and there is a pay and display opposite pier 64, further spaces down on the left past pier 64, then at the end by the barrage there is a pay and display car park too. It takes about 30 minutes ish to walk from there to the rink

All these options are a great idea but in the middle of winter when its cold, wet and dark outside it will be difficult to get to these car parks.
Toys R Us are missing a trick here, they could pay 2 people and charge cars £3 each to park there they would make a good few quid on weekends. 75 Cars at £3 = £225. Pay the 2 'parking attendants' £50 and make £125 a game (roughly) Pure profit. Obviously these are rough numbers so the number of cars will massively vary.

Have Hope#35

I'm not sure if anyone has read the sign in Morrisons recently (I haven't, but intend to). Last time I looked at it I'm pretty sure there was no mention of the time limits after hours? The gates were still open when I left the rink last night so if there are no new signs resticting parking when it's closed then we can all park there for a Sunday game. Even on a Saturday I only park from approx. 6:30pm until 9:30pm and shop first!

Attachments

Last edited:
I don't know if Morrisons uses Parking Eye Ltd. ParkingEye does have the authority to issue and enforce Parking Charge Notices for contractual breaches on private land. This was confirmed by the Supreme Court in the precedent setting case of ParkingEye v Beavis (2015) UKSC 67. Parking Eye is the UK’s biggest private parking company, with a turnover of £25 million per year from parking charges. In the first 9 months of 2015 ParkingEye issued 24,540 small claims. Of these, 724 went to a hearing. This suggests both that ParkingEye are not afraid to issue claims, but also that a large number of cases are settled ahead of a hearing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have Hope#35

The sign clearly states "For use only whilst shopping on site" how did you conclude you can park there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What I'm getting at is if you purchase something in there and return within the 3hrs you are very unlucky to have been caught/penalised... I am aware of the actual terminology of the notice though! My primary question was regarding Sunday after opening hours... Do you have any response to that?

Have Hope#35

All these options are a great idea but in the middle of winter when its cold, wet and dark outside it will be difficult to get to these car parks.
Toys R Us are missing a trick here, they could pay 2 people and charge cars £3 each to park there they would make a good few quid on weekends. 75 Cars at £3 = £225. Pay the 2 'parking attendants' £50 and make £125 a game (roughly) Pure profit. Obviously these are rough numbers so the number of cars will massively vary.
The Right hand side of the Car Park to Toys R Us (furthest from the Store) is actually for the CIWW during the day... I can't see why it can't be used for the Ice Hockey during the Night? I don't blame the Devils Organisation in any way though, we all know they'll be trying to resolve this, TK will be pulling his hair out with all these shitty little issues that are beyond his control!

Bazza

What I'm getting at is if you purchase something in there and return within the 3hrs you are very unlucky to have been caught/penalised... I am aware of the actual terminology of the notice though! My primary question was regarding Sunday after opening hours... Do you have any response to that?
As I mentioned in my earlier post, the manager said that although Sunday would not impact on customer parking he did not want to have one rule for Saturday and another for Sunday so basically the cameras will be on all the time.....park at your peril.....

Have Hope#35

As I mentioned in my earlier post, the manager said that although Sunday would not impact on customer parking he did not want to have one rule for Saturday and another for Sunday so basically the cameras will be on all the time.....park at your peril.....
Sorry... I did see that! I guess the Sign makes things a bit unclear, '3hr Max stay for use whilst shopping!' So when the shop is closed the 3hr restriction no longer applies, you just get a Penalty? If I was to read that as someone new to the Car Park I would assume it means that you can't park there to go to CIWW/IAW whilst the Store is open, not when it is closed! Thanks for the reply though.

Bazza

Sorry... I did see that! I guess the Sign makes things a bit unclear, '3hr Max stay for use whilst shopping!' So when the shop is closed the 3hr restriction no longer applies, you just get a Penalty? If I was to read that as someone new to the Car Park I would assume it means that you can't park there to go to CIWW/IAW whilst the Store is open, not when it is closed! Thanks for the reply though.
Welcome :)

Is the picture you posted previously the actual one from Morrisons?

Kal

not 100% but the gate on the bridge going back over to the Oyster Catcher/Tesco looked locked when i drove past after the game.