Devils v panthers!!

Thread starter #1
Let's start with the queuing up for around 20/30mins half a mile back in the car park was a disaster,,
Hope this gets sorted quickly. Before the winter comes :)

A few devils players look fatigued obviously and will only improve over the next few weeks.

Stand out was reddick imo I liked this guy a lot..also faryna hitting quite a lot and looks like a good edition to the team.

Some good moves from pope who looks to have a lot of potential can see him scoring a lot as the season goes on.

Paris didn't stand out to me made a few mistakes.

Batch on d?? Thought he was going as a forward this season?? Maybe it's because hotham wasn't playing but he needs to up his game very sloppy and looks to have a confident issue..

All in all a good night of hockey which we have missed for 4 months..
bring on next week :)

Slartibartfast

A bit of a scrappy game where Lord was understandably trying out different lines but I was impressed with all the new signings considering it was only their second game.
I thought Paris was the stand out player. Amazing skill set for a guy of his size. Great offensively but also quarterbacking. Very impressed by Crowder also. He and Faryna look alike and play a similar game. Moore was hitting everything which annoyed the Panthers and led to Lord stepping him to protect him.
Reddick made a few mistakes but has good speed.
I was a bit worried about Pope in the first two periods. He looks like he has been playing in a slower less physical league. However in the third he stepped up the pace and showed some glimpses of brilliance.
Panthers were also pretty good and when they are at full strength they will be tough to beat.

osh

No doubt the happier coach tonight will be Neilson. I thought Panthers were the better side, showed good speed which embarrassed some of our guys at times. Farmer finished his breakaway goal very nicely and considering they were 4 or more players short, the signs are good for them I'd say. The ever dependable Morrissete scored the deciding goal in the penalty shoot out, but some of our guys looked like they will need to hit the gym. Just as well we have a couple of weeks before the serious stuff starts.

Pondlife

Paris, lots of ice time and pretty solid. Crowder looked confident and composed given he's been out a year.

Not much atmosphere tonight with the bottom end with plenty of empty seats. Crowd only really got excited with some Louis physicality 5 mins into 2nd period and when Lordo scrapped.

Panthers were more offensive and our PPs weren't the best TBH .

Securiity & parking will be an issue for sellout games. People encouraged not to go outside between periods and no pizza guy

Panthers will probably be the happier team from last nights game, still a few imports to come in for them, but the Devils got the results which will help with confidence.

I didn't think anyone from either team really stood out last night, it's hard to judge games this early as new players are settling in, systems are being worked on and line combinations are being changed all the time which led to quite a scrappy game.

Hopefully with another week of training next weekends games we'll start seeing more settled lines ready for the chl games

jimmy snels

I think we might have to get used to only an odd few physical moments in games. We look small to me in the fwds. I find it confusing to bring in so many similar players if im honest. Looked a whole lot more euro to me last night.
Parking was a nightmare. Unbelievable to see so many empty parking slots at toys r us. Surely we could ask to use it !? Just the right hand so cudtomers of toys r us still get spaces by the shop. Even offer someone to man the junction to stop people not following this.
If im honest i didnt really enjoy the game that much, although pope looked a good player to my eyes. Fournier looked ready to rumble. Bowns made some great saves

EMB

I think we might have to get used to only an odd few physical moments in games. We look small to me in the fwds. I find it confusing to bring in so many similar players if im honest. Looked a whole lot more euro to me last night.
Parking was a nightmare. Unbelievable to see so many empty parking slots at toys r us. Surely we could ask to use it !? Just the right hand so cudtomers of toys r us still get spaces by the shop. Even offer someone to man the junction to stop people not following this.
If im honest i didnt really enjoy the game that much, although pope looked a good player to my eyes. Fournier looked ready to rumble. Bowns made some great saves
Devils management have asked Toys R Us and their management won't allow it unfortunately. The other side (closer to Morrisons) is Cardiff Council and they won't allow it either. Morrisons managemt have changed and decided to stop parking there too but I believe Todd is trying to negotiate so fingers crossed. Apparently there is a new parking area being completed by Cardiff council behind Toys R Us but this is likely to be pay and display and who knows when that might happen.

I agree parking is a huge issue but the best thing we can do is hound IAW to address it.

I really liked Paris, I think he will get better as the season went on.
I also thought Moore had a prtetty good game. I hope his confidence gorws over time too.
Not the best of games but for the first home game of the season, it went ok.

I enjoyed the game! I think Paris will be a huge asset for the club. The skating ability of our D is incredible - we already had Fournier who is easily the best skater in the league, Louis who skates incredibly well for a D man. To add Paris and Reddick, who I both though skated great, has to make the Devils D corp the fastest and most offensive in the league - not to mention Hoth! I was impressed by Paris the most. Can't wait to see what they bring to the ice after a few more weeks training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

osh

I enjoyed the game! I think Paris will be a huge asset for the club. The skating ability of our D is incredible - we already had Fournier who is easily the best skater in the league, Louis who skates incredibly well for a D man. To add Paris and Reddick, who I both though skated great, has to make the Devils D corp the fastest and most offensive in the league - not to mention Hoth! I was impressed by Paris the most. Can't wait to see what they bring to the ice after a few more weeks training.

Our D may well end up the most offensive in the league, as for the fastest, I doubt that somehow. We got burned for pace quite a few times last night. Lord obviously has a lot of confidence in Reddick, using him as part of the first pp group, there are a lot of big forwards in the league this year and I can see him being easily out muscled in tight situations as happened last night. As I said previously, a few players looked well off the pace, none more so than Ulmer.

A scrappy game but lot of promise, stand outs for me were Paris and Moore of the new guys and thought Benti had a good game.

Was it the same sort of lines used as Saturday in Nottingham?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I never said our d corp were going to skate faster than the forwards from one of the most packed rosters in the league...

When jumping into the play, I saw Reddick, Paris, and as usual, Fournier outskating the panthers when making offensive plays.

No doubt the panthers will be a great team when all of their guys arrive and start gelling together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

osh

I don't think we will be the fastest D like you think we will be, just a difference of opinion that's all. What I did see was Farmer being faster than our D on quite a few occasions and that worries me, and quite honestly it was only Fournier who outskated others when going forward, and that's because he is the best in the league at doing so. I am simply stating now that that I have doubts about Reddick basically due to his size, he's going to get rolled over a lot and let's not forget his main duties will be to defend, and therein lies my concerns even after only 2 games. ( Also, as a returnee, Ulmer disappointed me too )

Wannabe2

Some guys just start slow, that's a bit unfortunate but true, I learned my lesson on judging people too early when we signed Ian MacIntyre, for a few weeks I thought he was aweful, and Ian turned out to be one of my favourite players of all time. Also a certain Lord Mayor of Cardiff skated like Bambi when he first arrived at ours, time will tell, we have a coach that is so incredibly meticulous that they won't be here, if they won't contribute big time. Also Ulmer started slow last season, and look how that turned out.

I found the officials on the ice to be terrible too. Either making stupid unnecessary decisions or being in the way of game play. It was pretty frustrating!