Parking this weekend?

Jones72

...unless it's localised to where the on-ice officials warm up pre-game. If that's the case then fair enough (would explain a lot too).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems the Police have issue with the application. Is Claire Hartrey on the council sub licence committee any relation to Chris Hartrey.

The gas canisters l would imagine have more to do with the attraction of waste land for people of a certain craze than use by actual hockey fans, l could be wrong, but the majority of fans l doubt get high anymore or ever did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

terry hunt

I believe a lot of the issues dont relate to us.I suspect the title fight fiasco that was televised and shown on the news caused a major upset to locals and tarred us.
I have seen occasional Nitrous Oxide canisters in the car park but i doubt these are anything to do with the arena.This letter looks like a blanket of complaints to pad out the problem.I think we need a good diplomat to discuss our arguments.

davew

The club still haven't put anything out to confirm either way that parking is or is not permissable at Morrisons, I hope they are prepared to pay peoples "fines" when they drop through peoples letterboxes....

Jones72

The gas canisters l would imagine have more to do with the attraction of waste land for people of a certain craze than use by actual hockey fans, l could be wrong, but the majority of fans l doubt get high anymore or ever did.
Couldn't agree more, but the statement in the letter explicitly says that the increase in the number of canisters in the area corresponds with Devils games...and other events...but the supposed link to Devils games is clear.

I get that in some cases there is a genuine issue that needs addressing, but wild statements like that just come across as emotional nimbyism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gough60

The club still haven't put anything out to confirm either way that parking is or is not permissable at Morrisons, I hope they are prepared to pay peoples "fines" when they drop through peoples letterboxes....
You can't be serious.
Parking in Morrison's was a gesture of good will from them. Why on earth should the Devil's organisation
Stump up for YOUR parking violation. Always someone else's fault and never your own. Must remember to Bill the Devil's for MY parking fine at playoffs some years ago coz if they hadn't got to Nottingham I
Wouldn't have taken the car to watch them. I'm sure those yellow lines allowed me to park there all day.

Pondlife

Thread starter #68
The alarming thing is that if someone is completely unaware that Morrisons are enforcing their 2hr policy and they park tonight and for next weekends games too, then they're looking at £255 in parking charges before the first envelope hits the doormat.

Personally, I'll be parking in Cogan and walking over the bridge.

davew

I parked in Morrison's on Thursday, I was not aware of any changes. Did some shopping then went across to the rink. I was parked for about three hours. So yes I would be looking for some recompense if i received s ticket, as the club will have known about this change before then.
A mention on the website and by Todd on the mike on Thursday would have been a courtesy.

I'm parked in the rink car park now and it is nearly half full already.

Jonesy83

You can't be serious.
Parking in Morrison's was a gesture of good will from them. Why on earth should the Devil's organisation
Stump up for YOUR parking violation. Always someone else's fault and never your own. Must remember to Bill the Devil's for MY parking fine at playoffs some years ago coz if they hadn't got to Nottingham I
Wouldn't have taken the car to watch them. I'm sure those yellow lines allowed me to park there all day.
Whilst I agree it's silly to expect the Devils organisation to pay your parking fines etc, it's completely beyond belief to be expecting up to 3K crowds to turn up to hockey games with very little places to park. I imagine it will put one hell of a lot of people off from attending game nights if they are unable to park in Morrisons or somewhere similar without the fear of paying a fine.
Is it the Devils fault.....no, will it affect them.....yes.

Winter months are coming, it will be freezing and hammering down with rain most hockey weekends. For somebody like myself, parking further away isn't so much of a problem but as I don't know the area in great detail I wouldn't know where to go to be certain of not getting a fine. Families with young children and elderly people. Will they fancy walking extra distances in bad weather? I would think not.

People who are unaware of the Morrisons suituation and park there and get fined, well that could put a bad taste in their mouth and will they want to return after that? Who knows.

Gough60

Whilst I agree it's silly to expect the Devils organisation to pay your parking fines etc, it's completely beyond belief to be expecting up to 3K crowds to turn up to hockey games with very little places to park. I imagine it will put one hell of a lot of people off from attending game nights if they are unable to park in Morrisons or somewhere similar without the fear of paying a fine.

Winter months are coming, it will be freezing and hammering down with rain most hockey weekends. For somebody like myself, parking further away isn't so much of a problem but as I don't know the area in great detail I wouldn't know where to go to be certain of not getting a fine. Families with young children and elderly people. Will they fancy walking extra distances in bad weather? I would think not.

People who are unaware of the Morrisons suituation and park there and get fined, well that could put a bad taste in their mouth and will they want to return after that? Who knows.
Now that's a fair response to the situation and one I agree with.

Devil_Abroad

Really?

Surely you understand that It's the owner of the car's responsibility to ensure they park legally.

I'm flabbergasted.

Devil_Abroad

I parked in Morrison's on Thursday, I was not aware of any changes. Did some shopping then went across to the rink. I was parked for about three hours. So yes I would be looking for some recompense if i received s ticket, as the club will have known about this change before then.
A mention on the website and by Todd on the mike on Thursday would have been a courtesy.

I'm parked in the rink car park now and it is nearly half full already.
Morrison's can't legally enforce a charge nor can a third party do so on their behalf unless there are clear signs in the car park. I'm surprised they are enforcing a 2 hour limit if you failed to notice them?

Devil_Abroad

Of course Todd and the owners want a solution to the parking issues as they want people to spend their money on tickets; no parking could mean they take a serious hit on game nights. However, what do you think they can do?

Jonesy83

Of course Todd and the owners want a solution to the parking issues as they want people to spend their money on tickets; no parking could mean they take a serious hit on game nights. However, what do you think they can do?

No idea mate, and I agree TK etc will want it sorted out just as much if not more so than me and you as the club is bound to lose income as it's a massive issue, especially given the location of IAW.
They should try and make some sort of deal with Morrisons / Toys R Us for use of their parking facilities as that would be the best solution, free sponsorship etc, a stewards on the gates collecting £2 a car etc who knows, that's nothing I'm in a position to comment on.

Like I said above is it the Devils fault....No. will it affect them....yes and I'd imagine in a big way ticket sales wise but only time will tell on that.

personally speaking I have to come by car. I don't live in Cardiff so have no choice and if i had to go to games and had to worry about paying a parking fine everytime as I wasn't able to park appropriately etc it would put me off coming. If I don't come then my girlfriend and 2 kids don't come, that's £40 minimum on ticket sales per game before 50/50 & SOHB tickets etc, and we attend about 80% of the games throughout the season.

ASHIPP

That's right, easy to blame the Club when it appears that part of the reason any change in the good will parking arrangements is because of it's misuse (deliberate or otherwise) by some of our fans in the first place.

If the Club knew of any changes, then advance notification to fans would have been a good idea. But it is NOT their problem to sort out your parking solutions or their consequences. That's always the responsibilty of the individual every time.

The club are the victims in this as much as us fans. Building a venue with 3k+ users without parking is frankly weird, how did the complex pass planning. I bet residents are glad there is virtually no events. Questions should also be made as to why the surrounding land is not utilised, what is the plan for that land. Cardiff is currently the fastest growing city within the U.K., the next few years will see developments totalling several billions of £'s being built. The removal of bridge tolls is almost certainly going to increase land prices in the city and surrounding regions, with many medium to large organisations already looking to relocate away from the south east, feasibility studies are and have been implemented. It shouldn't take much thought to work out. The current IAW situation, is it part of a bigger plan, it's future in such an environment could be dyer. It wouldn't take much to repurpose the arena, especially if that facility is proven to be insolvent and an alternative highly profitable.

Last edited:

pjj365

Morrison's can't legally enforce a charge nor can a third party do so on their behalf unless there are clear signs in the car park. I'm surprised they are enforcing a 2 hour limit if you failed to notice them?

Failure to notice signs is not an excuse. I seem to recall from shopping there it is perfectly clear
That's not to say that you would not pay attention to them if you are used to parking on game nights