Parking this weekend?

Have Hope#35

Doubt we will be that significant a loss from what I have seen from my pre-match shopping
I agree but a loss is a loss all the same! There are often 50 odd fans walking around the Store when I go in there before a game... I almost always buy the little one's tea in there as he loves the food from the Hot Counter and I won't even try and queue in IAW. I wouldn't walk over if I wasn't parking there tbh!

Kal

Morrison's as a company are unlikely to back any legal action to enforcing this rule. Imagine the costs involved with prosecuting a few hundred vehicles every week. If the court enforced the fine it would likely only be the standard penalty resulting in a loss overall for Morrison's or the parking company they employ to police it.

A car I sold a few years back got caught at an Aldi for overstaying and as the change of owner hadn't been done I got the fine. They sent some reminders and a few threats of legal action but its been several months since I last heard anything from them.

terry hunt

Visited the IAW today to collect my season tickets so did a drive around the local block to check parking availability.
It looks pretty grim as it stands.Parking is available at the IAW car park that today was being used by the pool visitors.The main pool car park looks unchanged but was almost full at 2.00pm(school holidays).
The parking area in front of the old BBT site has been fenced off so cant be used .The waste ground alongside the approach road to the Yacht Club has also been fenced off so cant be used.
We travel from Newport so parking is essential.Without a parking facility our days of watching the Devils may be over.
If this happens then Morrisons will immediately lose our weekly custom.

Morrison's as a company are unlikely to back any legal action to enforcing this rule. Imagine the costs involved with prosecuting a few hundred vehicles every week. If the court enforced the fine it would likely only be the standard penalty resulting in a loss overall for Morrison's or the parking company they employ to police it.

A car I sold a few years back got caught at an Aldi for overstaying and as the change of owner hadn't been done I got the fine. They sent some reminders and a few threats of legal action but its been several months since I last heard anything from them.
It wouldn't be Morrisons, they contract companies who will either purchase the land or lease it, then enforce, monitor and chase through the courts, make no mistake. Creative Parking Solutions do an excellent job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pondlife

Thread starter #25
I reckon anyone who isn't there very early will be looking to ASDA and a bit of a walk. The crazy thing is, if TRU introduced paid parking outside normal hours, they'd make a killing.

I only bought my tickets three days ago (three adult) if I had known about the parking I would not have bought them. I'm working on the East side of Cardiff and don't finish work until 5pm. I'm thinking by the time I picked two people up on the way through I would have had about ten minutes to spare before face off. If I cant park close I'm almost certain to miss a chunk of the first period. I might have missed it but did the club tell people of the parking issue and I missed it? If not it's a poor show.

Jonesy83

I haven't seen anything about not being able to park in Morrisons until I've popped into this thread, if it has been communicate by the club I've missed it.
If this actually happens and looking at the ask TK questions on Twitter tonight (he said they are inforcing the 3 hours free parking) it will be a massive blow to Devils fans, and absolute chaos (will the car park even be open on a Sunday? As the store will be shut before 6pm).
How can they run hockey games with what can be over 3000 people attending and have pretty much zero parking available, that's crazy.

Mooney#16

If you go over the river and park at the Tesco's in Penarth marina you can just walk back across the bridge and you are practically there. It's only a few mins walk. Done it a few times and never had any issues.

If you go over the river and park at the Tesco's in Penarth marina you can just walk back across the bridge and you are practically there. It's only a few mins walk. Done it a few times and never had any issues.
I'm not really familiar with this area. Is this near the Oyster Catcher? Do you mean walk back towards the roundabout and down the main road towards the rink or is there a foot bridge?

Mooney#16

I'm not really familiar with this area. Is this near the Oyster Catcher? Do you mean walk back towards the roundabout and down the main road towards the rink or is there a foot bridge?
If you just walk out of the Tesco's car park and cross the road you'll see a big white foot bridge that as mentioned then crosses the river just above the white water. You don't have to go back up to the main road and that actually is a non pedestrian route.

Ibbz9

Cogan train station is only a 5-10 minute walk, following the same route as you would from Tesco Penarth. Last trains to Cardiff Central are 23.30 on Saturday and 23.15 on Sundays. They run between every 15 minutes or 30 minutes so earlier trains would allow for connections to made, without missing any of the games.

nicky27

Would it be worth us tweeting Morrison's to enquire what the problem is with us parking there. I can sort of understand a Saturday leading up to Xmas but they are closed before face off on a Sunday

pjj365

An extract from Morrisons CSR report

"Society Taking good care of our shoppers, our colleagues and their communities. Work, neighbours, living"

How does the managers approach to IAW and local residents parking align with this? Does forcing people into, potentially, illegal parking align with taking care of neighbours?

They have a cost free opportunity to support not only their immediate community (residents) but also the wider community in S Wales and a bit beyond (Devils fans) A wise manager could also extract some PR from permitting parking

I'm a resident in the area and the Morrisons issue has caused a lot of problems. What it comes down to is that there is new management in Morrison who are now enforcing the parking limit with ANPR systems via a third party company. What I was told is that the primary issue related to users of the pool and rink who parked right in front of the store instead of the back of the car park where people were supposed to. This caused an issue with Saturday opening as the store was still open whilst games were on and events were on at the pool, therefore taking up the spaces in the front of the entrance. Sunday was not such an issue but they cannot turn the systems on and off as they need to. It's caused chaos for the local residents for this as well as we relied on this for our second cars but comes down to pure laziness from users of the facilities not parking in the correct allocated part of the car park. The cameras are active and the company do enforce each ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

I'm a resident in the area and the Morrisons issue has caused a lot of problems. What it comes down to is that there is new management in Morrison who are now enforcing the parking limit with ANPR systems via a third party company. What I was told is that the primary issue related to users of the pool and rink who parked right in front of the store instead of the back of the car park where people were supposed to. This caused an issue with Saturday opening as the store was still open whilst games were on and events were on at the pool, therefore taking up the spaces in the front of the entrance. Sunday was not such an issue but they cannot turn the systems on and off as they need to. It's caused chaos for the local residents for this as well as we relied on this for our second cars but comes down to pure laziness from users of the facilities not parking in the correct allocated part of the car park. The cameras are active and the company do enforce each ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does it make it clear where we were to park?

We parked by the garage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjj365

Fair point but 2 signs

1 on the right turn at the garage roundabout, 1 at the left turn to the store from the rear enterance would solve the problem

Simple sign saying
"Parking beyond this points for shoppers only [note using customers would encourage those who shopped there last year] ANPR in use, parking restrictions will be enforced"

Earnie

We have a fans committee now. This parking issue must go top of the list and quickly. There is no monitoring of the disabled spaces - I can see these being used by those not meant to be there.
The Morrisons issue has come up because of certain fans abusing the privilege previously granted by Morrisons and being lazy by parking in front of the store so that there is less distance to walk to the rink.

There is so much space available to the South of the rink that is fenced off. The temporary answer is surely in that direction despite there possibly being different bits owned by different organisations.