Open training session

bdevil

Rutkis, Lewis Davies and Owen Griffiths apparently on 2 way contracts. Buglass was there tonight but I heard not on a 2 way yet due to just coming back from serious injury

sjkelly07

First impressions of the new guys.

Reddick: Broke up play well during the brakeaway drills, scored a lovely goal 4 on 4. Looks decent.

Paris: Looks a beast, at 6'4" is a huge presence on the ice, composed on the puck. Rocket of a shot and showed some good hands around the net.

Crowder: This guy showed some skills, pulled some sweet moves. Could be fun to watch.

Pope: Didn't stand out as much as the others, but seemed to enjoy the interaction with the crowd.

Faryna: Again a quite session for him, but we all know what he has to offer. So looking forward to watching in a Devils jersey.

Moore: Great U23 pick up, confident kid, scored the winning shoot out goal. Gonna be a decent 4th liner.

Rutkis: I was really impressed with this kid. 19 years of age on a two way with Swindon. Didn't look out of place at all.

Burglass: Great to see him back on the ice after his lengthy injury.

Davies (netminder): Made a couple of decent saves during that wierd 4 on 2 drill at the end, great experience for him.

Bring on the season

BostonBart22

yes he looked pretty fast , plenty of energy and skill, sign him up defo even if its a 2yr 2 way contract before another team, good to see the newbies and the returnies, i know the imports are good but craig moore looks the part in our team from what i seen last night.

Wasn't sure what to expect last night but I enjoyed it. Interesting to see the different drills and how the guys interacted with each other.

I know it's only training but Paris and Reddick looked like class acts.

Rutkis stood out too. You could see he was putting in the extra effort not to look out of place and it paid off.

Excited for the season now. It's been a long few months without hockey.

I thought it was a good night.
I was pleased Todd did someone explanation of the drills. I attended a practice at Joe Louis earlier this year but sadly there was no explanation of the drills, why they were doing them, etc.
If the club would consider doing a session or two on explanation of drills, systems, etc. I for one would be most interested.