Favourite Devils 'poke the bear' moment

Gazza272

He gave Panther's tough guy Jarret Zukiwsky all he could handle up in Notingham too. Ekroth played all of his major junior hockey in Canada IIRC, so wasn't just another Swede, i'm sure he would've had to answer the bell a lot back in the late 70's as a huge Euro in NA.
Sadly didn't get to away games in those days.

I always liked Ekroth even before he started wailing on Peters :D We had such a tough team back then I guess he could afford not to do it as much.

these clips have been awesome to revisit.

My favourite, another Macwillam incident in the european group hosted at WNIR. One of the Podhalle players started throwing his weight around and mouthing off at Macwilliam, who didn't take the bait, the player then started shoving the lino about which earned him a rather nasty pasting from big Mike, the look of regret on the poor Pole's face was an absolute picture.

Paul Sullivan

Two will always stand out for me, aside from the Yarema incident.

As an individual - Mike Rowe vs Nicky Chinn. Rowe, a legit tough guy, hit Chinny with a crosscheck by (if memory serves) Block 7 or 8 in the WNIR. Chinn, who's centre of gravity has always been in his skates, rocks back, leans, and comes back with an ungodly right that cleaned his clock and took Rowe out for some time. The best single punch I have ever seen in British Ice Hockey.

As a team? When Rocky called us a bunch of Homers....