Favourite Devils 'poke the bear' moment

rocketbob

Thread starter #1
Before the seriousness of the season begins I thought I would ask fellow fans if they have any favourite memories when an opposition player has picked a fight with a Devils player and really regretted it. Particularly if that player was not the team enforcer/established fighter.

For me it has to be the time someone (if memory serves it was Robert Farmer) picked a fight with Tylor Michel and ended up getting a complete pasting.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mike ware when he gets taunted by a player back in the wnir. Mike ware came out of the penalty box and rag dolled him the guy shit himself literally :)

Mike ware goes after Marc lefebvre from the face off who runs away haha!!

Wannabe2

That game was against London Knights, and the player was Brendan Yarema, who was wearing a face cage as he had his jaw broken in a previous game, silly boy.

Mooney#16

An away game so it's not as famous an incident but as the buzzer went to finish a game up in Ayr Ryan Kummu grew a pair and cross checked Mike Macwilliam in the back. All the teams players were going to there blue lines and refs had turned their backs and Macwilliam just slotted Kummu with and huge shot right in the face and put him on his arse seeing stars. No one reacted and Macwilliam just casually skated back down the ice.

The other was Frank Evans on Paul Rushforth. Frank laying on the puck and Rushforth came in and speared him. Frank stood up and landed one of the biggest punches I've seen in hockey. A huge right hand. Credit to Rushforth for not being out cold.

Wannabe2

An away game so it's not as famous an incident but as the buzzer went to finish a game up in Ayr Ryan Kummu grew a pair and cross checked Mike Macwilliam in the back. All the teams players were going to there blue lines and refs had turned their backs and Macwilliam just slotted Kummu with and huge shot right in the face and put him on his arse seeing stars. No one reacted and Macwilliam just casually skated back down the ice.

The other was Frank Evans on Paul Rushforth. Frank laying on the puck and Rushforth came in and speared him. Frank stood up and landed one of the biggest punches I've seen in hockey. A huge right hand. Credit to Rushforth for not being out cold.
That punch by Frank was a thing of real beauty, one of the best punches I have ever seen, again that game was against the Knights. Kenny then went with Frank and cut him, unfortunately Kenny passed away at a very young age, he was a very good player

Johnnybravo1927

More recently the first fight in IAW. Matt Nickerson was trying to settle a personal feud with Hendrikx all night then eventually Hendrikx took the bait and smashed Nickerson with a huge right. Always thought Nickerson was hugely over rated as a fighter

Foxy

Not quite a fight but when Rob Davison smashed the plexi between the sin bins when Peron was mouthing off. Never seen a player back away looking so shit scared so quickly lol

Gazza272

I remember Peter Ekroth absolutely destroying a guy when we played Team Canada in the WNIR back in the late 90's. I'd never seen Ekroth fight before, and goodness knows what was said to him, but his hands seemed the quickest i had ever seen.

BostonBart22

our very own aaron boh in the wnir, may have been against humberside not to sure , but frank lascala was at boh all night , in the end boh had a guts full and pummeled him with the best punches seen at wnir

Devil_Abroad

our very own aaron boh in the wnir, may have been against humberside not to sure , but frank lascala was at boh all night , in the end boh had a guts full and pummeled him with the best punches seen at wnir
I seem to remember he had a worse issue that Mike Ware?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That punch by Frank was a thing of real beauty, one of the best punches I have ever seen, again that game was against the Knights. Kenny then went with Frank and cut him, unfortunately Kenny passed away at a very young age, he was a very good player
Probably my favourite punch too, and as you said, then Kenny (RIP) came in and threw Frank around, dislocating Frank's shoulder in the process meaning no chance of fighting back. Pretty sure that it wasn't the first time and Hong Kong phuey just goes down the tunnel and pops it back in to play again!

I remember Peter Ekroth absolutely destroying a guy when we played Team Canada in the WNIR back in the late 90's. I'd never seen Ekroth fight before, and goodness knows what was said to him, but his hands seemed the quickest i had ever seen.
He gave Panther's tough guy Jarret Zukiwsky all he could handle up in Notingham too. Ekroth played all of his major junior hockey in Canada IIRC, so wasn't just another Swede, i'm sure he would've had to answer the bell a lot back in the late 70's as a huge Euro in NA.