Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2017/18

ASHIPP

will want to put one over GB coach pete russel with a hat trick after dropping him from GB. Go get em josh.
Yes one of the early games this season will be a CC game against MK, I think.?Wouldn't it be something if Josh scored a goal or three against them....or how about the GWG for the Devils?

but winning puts much more, people come out of the woodwork to watch a winning team, that's fact.
Yes just look at last season!! Extra 500 tickets wanted towards the end of the season just because we was winning!!

Good for the club yes.
But if u don't wanna watch when we lose don't watch when we win :)

Ocko

I have reservations about not having an out and out heavyweight. I'm not sure either way yet.

It seems clear to everyone that Batch will take on the role on the 4th that Bordealeu had. Personally I think Batch has more to offer as a hockey player, he is quicker, he will hit more (maybe not as big but certainly in quantity), we will see the gloves off more than Bordealeu and best of all he really wants to be here - something that despite many protests I'll never be convinced about Bordy. I also expect Josh to get more points.

The concern I have is that I don't think he is a natural enforcer. I still remember his first fight with Hewitt, he smashed him. But, he was reluctant at first. Josh is tough, absolutely without question, but are we expecting him to be the go to guy if one of our players or Bowns gets run? Paris is too important, he will be one of our top D, forget him dropping the gloves. So it leaves Louis and Batch, as Lord and Hotham won't be fighting the real heavyweights and I expect Faryna to be too valuable on the ice, especially if he forces his way up the line up (still possible for me he will end up on that line with Martin and Benti).

I do think the power forward role is where Josh will find his place at this level, especially with the experience of Myers as his centre. I'm just not convinced he is the sort of player who's natural role is getting punched in the face on a regular basis.

Wannabe2

With you there Ocko, Devils do have a history of having a big tough guy on the team, and I think the jury is out for many. As for having a go to guy, I don't think we will have one, fortunately we have a number of guys that if anything kicks off when they are on the ice they will get involved. I certainly don't think for one minute that we will get bullied, we have too many players with the right attitude to let that happen, and to me that's were we hold the Aces, lots of players that will step up to the plate if need be, we have 5 in Batch, Louis, Faryna, Lord, Hotham and poss 6 with Pope,that's more than others, now that really is team toughness. We have been spoilt with MacWilliam, Ware, Norris, Heavey Voth etc to mention a few. Would I have liked to have seen a Mike MacWilliam mk2 signed you bet I would, but when it comes to winning and picking up trophies we have the best in the league in Lordo, and when he speaks amateurs like me listen. We look so good it's a shame, time to get it on now, if others want to rumble with us that their problem.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Johnnybravo1927

With you there Ocko, Devils do have a history of having a big tough guy on the team, and I think the jury is out for many. As for having a go to guy, I don't think we will have one, fortunately we have a number of guys that if anything kicks off when they are on the ice they will get involved. I certainly don't think for one minute that we will get bullied, we have too many players with the right attitude to let that happen, and to me that's were we hold the Aces, lots of players that will step up to the plate if need be, we have 5 in Batch, Louis, Faryna, Lord, Hotham and poss 6 with Pope,that's more than others, now that really is team toughness. We have been spoilt with MacWilliam, Ware, Norris, Heavey Voth etc to mention a few. Would I have liked to have seen a Mike MacWilliam mk2 signed you bet I would, but when it comes to winning and picking up trophies we have the best in the league in Lordo, and when he speaks amateurs like me listen. We look so good it's a shame, time to get it on now, if others want to rumble with us that their problem.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

No sure why everyone looks to Pope as a guy that fights. He has had less fights than Asselin! May well be a tough player who throws hits but dont expect him to drop the gloves. Same as Drew Paris, very few fights and I dont see that changing.

Several incidents went unpunished last season, with an enforcer. We won 3 out of 4 trophies?
We could just do the same without one??
Firstly it's not good that the players responsible for these incidents were not brought to task over their actions, but I believe if they had've been it would've made little difference to our successful season, the only difference would've been that we as fans would've felt better about things knowing the culprit was dealt with, if your the enforcer then enforce.
As had been mentioned before on here if Ware or MacWilliam had have been icing retribution would have been swift.
I'm all for the enforcer tough guy type player it does put doubt in the minds of opposing players, but if that's your job then do it.

Last edited:

Rob Batch

I dont care who anybody is related to , it is not the issue. Why *removed* was deleted needs an explanation. I was not swearing.

Further post #1
Fool, idiot or clown would have sufficed.
Further post #2
Anything I choose to write on this forum are my thoughts alone. Period !!
Further post #3
Further post #4
Further post #5
Anything I choose to write on this forum are my thoughts alone !! Period !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #739
I dont care who anybody is related to , it is not the issue. Why twat was deleted needs an explanation. I was not swearing.
It doesn't really need an explanation though does it? Yes you were.

You seem to have this idea that you're above the very simple forum rules we have. If you can't hold back from the personal abuse then we're just going to edit/delete more of your posts.

Oh, and if you could stop with the multiple posts one after each other as well, that would be nice. For now i've edited it all into one post which would have sufficed.

Last edited: