Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2017/18

ASHIPP

Welcome back Patrick. This young man is a clutch player and a class act. Fantastic chemistry on that line with Joey Haddad and Layne Ulmer. Long may it continue.

James

Administrator
Glad to see Piggott back. He'll have to push for ice time but I'm its good time hasn't been called on his career due to the U23 rule.

ASHIPP

Welcome back, Luke. Had the feeling the Club would find a role for Piggsie. The Guy gives 100% and knows the club, the culture, the players very well. His attitude epitomises what the Devils are all about. Perfect for injury/fatigue cover in a congested, intense schedule.

trapped

Welcome back to the good Dr! Piggsie epitomises everything about being a Devil. I'm glad that he hasn't fallen foul to the u23 rule. Well played, Devils.

Have Hope#35

He's probably the only Over 23 British Player with his work ethic and Elite League experience that would settle for that role... For that reason I'm very happy to see him return and I assume he is also available to Play in the CHL!?

Finny

The top 7 scorers with added firepower from Pope and whoever else is likely to be announced today as well as our u23 guys. .
Don't forget Faryna. Absolutely ridiculous that we have a guy like that on our 3rd line!!!

I'm going to go against the grain slightly and hope our final signing is a replacement for Hervato. As good as Brine did I always felt we lacked a player with that extra oomph that Hervato could give. Faryna will add it too obviously but I'd love us to sign a real speedy fore-checker/ agitator. Similar to Michel and dare I say it Lloyd.

kingmo19.1

Great to see Piggott back. A few people slagged him off rotten on this forum as not being good enough. Clowns!

Looks like our coach disagrees with you!

bdevil

I'm delighted. The strongest personality in the dressing room without question.

A very positive reaction on his re-signing on Twitter which is good. Don't think the reaction would be as positive if say piggot was announced before Myers. Good work from the Devils in the way it has been announced.

I've mentioned before that Piggsie brings so much to the dressing room, you can't help but like the guy!
This decision makes total sense, but to me, this reads that he is just here as injury cover and to be there in case anyone gets complacent. Which is totally fair enough! Let's make it clear that Piggsie as good as he is, isn't at the standard to occupy a full time over 23 spot with regular minutes (due to this rule). But he is a local guy, with a great attitude and awesome work ethic who is happy to have such a limited role on the team. An unsung hero in a way because he will happily do a job a lot of others wouldn't with no complaints.

I'm glad he's back cause he's top, and to be honest, I love watching him play. If I had the choice between Piggsie and CJ taking everything into account, I much prefer piggsie's style of play!

trapped

Don't forget Faryna. Absolutely ridiculous that we have a guy like that on our 3rd line!!!

I'm going to go against the grain slightly and hope our final signing is a replacement for Hervato. As good as Brine did I always felt we lacked a player with that extra oomph that Hervato could give. Faryna will add it too obviously but I'd love us to sign a real speedy fore-checker/ agitator. Similar to Michel and dare I say it Lloyd.
The beauty of that is that Mo, Faryna, Myers, are likely to make up the third line.. with Lordo in there too. To have that scoring depth and toughness at 3rd line is scary. They can all play up the lines as well if things aren't clicking, for whatever reason.

Last edited:

osh

There was always going to be space for Piggott and it makes sense for Lord to have signed him. As Red Mist has already correctly stated, it is most unlikely he will get a regular spot on the team, he will be used as and when necessary for injuries. No one has ever doubted his energy and enthusiasm when icing, it was always a case of 'there are better brits out there'. He is obviously well respected within the dressing room and his love of the club is bound to rub off on others.
It makes total sense to sign him, his off ice career is in Cardiff and it would have been a huge decision on his part to play anywhere else unless he could combine his work with ice hockey, staying with the Devils suits both him and the club.

I'm really excited with the way this year's team is coming up and I'm really looking forward to Faryna in a Devil's jersey. Watched a lot of clips on YouTube and he looks really good. Happy days!

RedDevil17

Crowder seems a good signing. Seems like a tall forward and a good goal scorer which is ideal. We've got quite a few players who are over 6'2 which excites me a lot. Great signing but how come his status says retired?

Jonesy83

He didn't play last season. But I'm not to worried about that since Asselin was the same for the season just gone.

Was hoping for a Brett Gallent / Derek Mathews type player for our final signing, but oh well nevermind.

Can we just start the season now please.

Wannabe2

Crowder took a year out last season, just like Mr Asselin and look how that turned out, Lordo don't sign anyone who he doesn't think will make this club stronger. Welcome to Cardiff Mr Crowder, you will love it here, together this seasons ride will be a belter. Can't wait now, let's get it on.