2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

I don't want to be the one to put a downer on the sponsorship deal, it's a deal that should be mutually beneficial to both parties, but EWM are not funding Peacocks to such an extent of throwing large sums of money on sponsorship deals. It's a high street name that has had financial issues and remains in a highly competitive market place, turning the business around has required tight budgetary management, future expansion into the U.K. and beyond will require significant funds. I'm with Finny on this. I'd also add that any fans at Devils games unaware of the Peacocks name l would imagine will be a very small minority. I imagine the owner group has plans to merchandise the Devils organisation and l would imagine this deal would open up not only retail but manufacturing options of said clothing etc etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finny

Just to illustrate my point. If Peacocks have paid 60k a year that's a stud 1500 a week player for 40 weeks wages paid. Now the old BT deal was a six figure a year deal so do I think that seeing the peacocks deal as financially beneficially insanity on my behalf. No.
That would be sound logic if the BT sponsorship was last year. But it wasn't. It was 17 years ago.
17 years!!!! It was during the ISL years when the league was as mainstream as it ever has been with weekly live games on Sky Sports. And it was thanks to a certain BT employee being a massive Devils fan.
You could be right with the random guess of £60k. I don't think you are but the point I was trying to make was that you seem to be setting yourself up to be disappointed if we don't use 'this money' to sign a superstar.

ASHIPP

I believe people have spotted Asselin at IAW today so maybe he'll be announced on Friday?

That would be completely bizarre to announce a player in two days' time who has allegedly been here for a few days already! Surely that can't be right!

Some folks are adamant Patrick is returning, others believe he has been seen already...and some are sure he is not coming back!

Any sources or evidence at all...either way?

Aside from the devils, which other team is everyone looking forward to checking out? I'm really intrigued by Caps and Storm this year. They've made some really good signings and I hope they both do really well (against everyone else) interested to see how Keefe finishes off his recruiting too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drainage

I believe people have spotted Asselin at IAW today so maybe he'll be announced on Friday?

Not sure the Devils would let an unsigned player wander around Wales never mind the rink ! He may or may not have signed but I am fairly confident he hasnt been in IAW this week !

I think most people probably suspected this, but I think it's safe to say from a couple of tweets yesterday that Wacey Rabbit's off to the Clan - he retweeted who I presume is his missus saying that she's so glad he's signed a contract with a new team, and that was then followed by a retweet of a Clan fan. It'll be interesting to see who's announced as our last new signing (assuming that Asselin is back).

I think most people probably suspected this, but I think it's safe to say from a couple of tweets yesterday that Wacey Rabbit's off to the Clan - he retweeted who I presume is his missus saying that she's so glad he's signed a contract with a new team, and that was then followed by a retweet of a Clan fan. It'll be interesting to see who's announced as our last new signing (assuming that Asselin is back).
And a tweet coming out from Frozen Steel MNL (is that Dave Simms) saying
Big rumours of @waceyrabbit20 coming to the UK. Braehead bound is the big rumour Can't see it. Cardiff bound for me.

ASHIPP

Reading the Clan fan forum, many of their fans are not happy with the ensuing circus surrounding these rumours. Allegedly Rabbit 'liking' all things Clan, Clan staff 'liking' all things Rabbit including his partner's tweets, Clan staff changing their twitter handles to reflect his etc. Their fans think they were 'misled'over their other player signed this week because the PR build up included a roadrunner v rabbit GIF.

If he is not going to Braehead after all that, then their fans will probaby feel they've been lead down the garden path.

Tripp, their coach, is virtually recruiting all imports he's either played with or knows from DEL2.

Last edited:

SteveKing

I sense a final announcement of the summer coming on. Will it be one player? Could it possibly be two? Has the multi-million pound sponsorship deal signed with Peacocks allowed us to bring in Jagr and Iginla? (OK OK now I've gone too far!) We will find out the final roster of our defending champion Devils tomorrow. From what I see, the only two spots open are a second line winger and possibly a 3rd or 4th line centre that would also give us a spare import. As usual, Lordo has done a remarkable job slotting players into roles that allow them to perform at their best and allow the team to function as a true team. There is no point in bringing in 12 guys that all think they should be on the first line. That leads to a dysfunctional team on and off the ice. So look for a player (or players) that will slot nicely into one or two of those spots in our lineup. I played golf with Layne Ulmer yesterday and both of us firmly believe that this year's team is another notch above what we iced last year. Very exciting time of the year!

Devil_Abroad

What's his handicap Steve?

Think we've guessed from April that Asselin is back. Any clues to the centreman? Tough, chirpy, and puts a few points up?

SteveKing

Layne shot a 76 yesterday. Craig Shostak was a 78. Obviously neither of those guys have been working hard enough this summer. My score will be locked in a government vault and will be released in 50 years. The shareholders of my company should be happy I'm obviously not spending much time on the links. If we add an extra, it would have to be someone that can play anywhere from the first line to the fourth line. Injury cover is very important over a long season when the regular season title is most important.

Devil_Abroad

Layne shot a 76 yesterday. Craig Shostak was a 78. Obviously neither of those guys have been working hard enough this summer. My score will be locked in a government vault and will be released in 50 years. The shareholders of my company should be happy I'm obviously not spending much time on the links. If we add an extra, it would have to be someone that can play anywhere from the first line to the fourth line. Injury cover is very important over a long season when the regular season title is most important.
Ah, right, another Mo - pk - pp - shot block - policing too. Wow, glad you got the sponsorship sorted!

Assuming par is 72 so they have pretty good handicaps! Or are the fairways over there similar to the freeways? [emoji23][emoji23]

I sense a final announcement of the summer coming on. Will it be one player? Could it possibly be two? Has the multi-million pound sponsorship deal signed with Peacocks allowed us to bring in Jagr and Iginla? (OK OK now I've gone too far!) We will find out the final roster of our defending champion Devils tomorrow. From what I see, the only two spots open are a second line winger and possibly a 3rd or 4th line centre that would also give us a spare import. As usual, Lordo has done a remarkable job slotting players into roles that allow them to perform at their best and allow the team to function as a true team. There is no point in bringing in 12 guys that all think they should be on the first line. That leads to a dysfunctional team on and off the ice. So look for a player (or players) that will slot nicely into one or two of those spots in our lineup. I played golf with Layne Ulmer yesterday and both of us firmly believe that this year's team is another notch above what we iced last year. Very exciting time of the year!
Patrick Asselin slotted real nicely into that second line place [emoji848][emoji57]

Wagstaff

To be ho
Aside from the devils, which other team is everyone looking forward to checking out? I'm really intrigued by Caps and Storm this year. They've made some really good signings and I hope they both do really well (against everyone else) interested to see how Keefe finishes off his recruiting too.

To be honest, I'm dreading to see how good you Devils are and having a large number of re-signings you should start hitting the buttons really quickly