2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

kettdevil1

Surprising that. Giroux was superb in pre-season games. Great addition for Grenoble in a poor league.
Not sure I agree with you on this, take a look at where France are internationally and you will see that the level is pretty decent. There is more disparity between top and bottom than we get here (Chamonix-Morzinne last year, despite Carl Hudson's best efforts would be comfortably beaten by the bottom EIHL side) but at the top end, the best teams would give us a run for our money. Look at how many players from the league have been picked up recently.... especially from Gap, the champions.... as more evidence

Has anyone heard anything about Mike Will yet for this season? Is he going to be staying at Guildford flames as they have only announced Stuart so far in net.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering but can we sign Brad Watchorn on a Two Way Contract with him being British or would that impact on our Roster?? Think he could play a role in certain games. Not saying he is the toughest but certainly think he would be a willing candidate!

His 2005/06 Bracknell Drones stats are amusing!
Would be a waste of time in my opinion, he would be completely out of his depth at this level.

kettdevil1

Has anyone heard anything about Mike Will yet for this season? Is he going to be staying at Guildford flames as they have only announced Stuart so far in net.

I suspect he will be back there, they haven't got an obvious u23 backup and he as shown he can compete at this level. No reason on either side not to renew.

voth26

Thoughts on wheather Asselin will return, on the face of it he seems to be out and about in various places, wonder if he is returning when would he fit in any on-off ice work and gym work?

kettdevil1

People are moaning about this on twitter, but it's actually pretty impressive news! I know some people are deluded and think that the EIHL is on par with the NHL, but to have a sponsor the size of peacocks is massive!? A step up from cardiffsafedeposit that's for sure! Good news for he club and the brand :)

Haven't seen any moaning so suspect I follow different people but for me this is a massive step forward. A national company who will also sell our merchandise, and a multi-year deal as well. This is another indication of how far we have come as a club.

Gough60

3 year deal is MASSIVE and promotion within some of their outlets.
Also a look at next year's shirts.
Any knowledge as to the manufacturer? i.e. CH Sports? Have to say initial thoughts are I prefer the design of the CHL shirt. That is just my opinion but we all know on here that's like poking a wasps nest.

Any knowledge as to the manufacturer? i.e. CH Sports? Have to say initial thoughts are I prefer the design of the CHL shirt. That is just my opinion but we all know on here that's like poking a wasps nest.[/QUOT
A huge national company selling Devils merch on some of Cardiff's busiest streets is absolutely massive.

Superb news.
Excellent news does this mean we can expect a whole Devils range of clothing? socks, pants, tee shirts, pyjamas and slippers. lol

I like the new jerseys but I was a bit shocked with the placement of the sponsor - stupid statement I know. Then I realised that's where it always is and you probably wont notice it as much when the rest of the sponsorship's go on.
I can't see Peacocks selling jerseys though, I think CH sports will continue.
Any Ideas when they will be available to buy?

Finny

A huge national company selling Devils merch on some of Cardiff's busiest streets is absolutely massive.

Superb news.
This.

Getting our brand into one of Cardiff's biggest and best-selling retailers is fantastic. It they put it into their shop windows it's great advertising.

Any knowledge as to the manufacturer? i.e. CH Sports? Have to say initial thoughts are I prefer the design of the CHL shirt. That is just my opinion but we all know on here that's like poking a wasps nest.
If you look closely on the sleeve of the CHL jerseys I'm sure there's a Peacocks badge but the shirt's been folded over so you can't see it. http://www.shop-chl.com/cardiff-devils-7920.html