Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2017/18

Temme

Cescon plays the game like Matt Nickerson if you were to cut Nickerson's legs off.
And that takes some doing.

Neither of them are a patch on Fitzgerald in terms of what they bring to a team other than willingness to drop the gloves when called upon.

RE: Guildford, the same can be said for their defence.

Carl Ackered looks a decent pick-up, but their other import D (Jesse Craige, Tomas Nechala, Brennan Yadlowski) all look very poor bottom 2 pairing at best for me.

Factor in to that the 2 brits (lundin, K. Phillips) and they only have one D man that is really worthy of top 4 (possibly top pairing) and the other 5 that wouldn't make any other EIHL roster realistically.

That may be over critical, but i can see some catastrophic tantrums thrown by B. Stewart in net this year!!!!!!!!

MK have done a decent job but not great.
Goalie - probably the worst on paper in the league...
D - Nickerson, Hudson, Phillips all with knowledge in the league & Hudson/Phillips in particular are quality D men.
F- a little more firepower needed to bolster the top 2 lines clearly, but Francis Verreault-Paul looks a good pick up & Doucet will do a job.

I think both of these guys are going to struggle to break the top 8 this year in the league though.

Wagstaff

Funny how different people see things... I've always thought he was garbage! He's an average scrapper, i'll give him that.
I probably saw a lot more of him than most on this forum (which doesn't make me right) but I always felt more confident when he was on the ice, maybe that says more about the rest of our D, but he would look after the skilled guys, hit hard and make a confident good first time pass out of the zone.
Hard as nails, could lose a fight but I never saw him go down, ask Doug Clarkson about what just one of his punches can do!

Ocko

I've always thought of Cescon as being one of the toughest in the league. His fight card is impressive. Although it's seemed to me that his heart hasn't been in it. Surprised to see him end up at the Clan.

Wagstaff

Almost all didn't want to know Bordeleau lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To be fair Bordeleau didn't want to know most of the time!
There's a lot more to fighting than just punching someone's lights out, and most fighters want to do it to gain an edge or morale for their team, so any wise opponent will pick and choose if there is any gain for their team. I doubt Cescon was afraid of anyone!

To be fair, Bordy didn't need to fight. It wasn't his fists that everyone was terrified of! It was his bone crunching hits that had opponents spinning out of the way... making for some very amusing moments. I have to say, I will miss bordy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bb1

When you get paid $1m a season to fight and drop to our leagues top wage then your not going to want to throw down too often.

However sign younger guys like Mathers, Doty or Nevins who earn smaller money at ECHL and who want to make a name for themselves then you have a chance of getting a willing enforcer.