Devils/Fire

Thread starter #1
Can anyone tell me if there is an official link between the two teams. Fire just announced the return of 19yr old Sam Bryant who iced a couple of times for Storm last year. Coach Cuddihy said Sam has another 4yrs left to take advantage of the U23 rule. As far as I am aware it does not apply in Fires League so can only think he means for the Devils.

Thread starter #3
I've been reading the Fire website and this is not the only youngster Cuddihy has said this about. He has also mentioned Tamas Ellias pushing for an U23 spot. An interesting signing announced last night by Fire, Bradley Watchorn, a 6"3 British tough guy who is also a professional MMA fighter. Could the Devils use him in certain games? I'm getting to think there is an unofficial agreement between the club's and wouldn't be surprised to see Luke Piggott sign there too.

JC23

Can anyone tell me if there is an official link between the two teams. Fire just announced the return of 19yr old Sam Bryant who iced a couple of times for Storm last year. Coach Cuddihy said Sam has another 4yrs left to take advantage of the U23 rule. As far as I am aware it does not apply in Fires League so can only think he means for the Devils.
I think Cudds means to make the step up with any team, Sam is a very good player, although he's small he can fight, score, and block shots. For 19 he's one of the best guys on the team, and a top line forward on a team that went unbeaten in the league last year albeit in NIHL 2.

I'd love to see Sam get a chance with one of the smaller conference teams in the next few years.