Votes: 17 30.9%
  • NO

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • DON'T CARE

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

Leighton

'Hell Yeah' by Rev theory.

Couple of years ago I saw it used at a Redwings game on TV late one night and loved it. Next visit to the rink I went to see Corky, who said, 'you've gotta hear this awesome song!' - and promptly played me the same section of the Detroit game I'd seen. It was in the next season. They've got a couple of great tracks.
Excellent stuff!!!! That competes my list!

pjj365

We are our own team Why all this talk of using others songs

Let's trust Pay. He has shown a deft touch over the years, has changed things, has binned them if they don't work and kept them if they do

The music needs to reflect/generate the mood. Just picking things out of the air - however good they may be - is only part of the picture

But as Paul says let's keep contributing. So, I like some of the Zamboni stuff

pjj365

As a massive Quo fan I'd hate to change our current goal song, but @Paul Sullivan if timing is everything, then could the last 30 seconds of this be worth a shot ?

Hmm

Love this but "Devils got you beat" for a goal when we are behind seems a hostage to fortune

On the other hand if the chorus could be worked into the end of a winning game that would be brilliant

Have Hope#35

Maybe Paul would be able to list some songs (if he has a list)... I started to create a Playlist on Amazon Prime but wasn't sure on all the songs!?

The_Puck

Thread starter #50
Something i think would be cool would be what Nashville Predators do when they score a goal. I don't like their first song but i like when they shout "Hey, you suck". This would be helpful when Guildford are in town. We could add something in front of that part, which could mean timings are great. But i don't like the "We're gonna beat the hell out of you, you, you". I'm sure Paul could fit this into somewhere.

Paul Sullivan

As a massive Quo fan I'd hate to change our current goal song, but @Paul Sullivan if timing is everything, then could the last 30 seconds of this be worth a shot ?

Nice find! For my money not quite fast enough for a goal song to get folk clapping etc, but it could definitely live next to 'that' Bryan Adams song for the final minute stoppages...

Devil94

Would love that old Hartford Whalers song as our goal song. I obviously have no idea how it sound in an arena so I'll trust Paul on that.

Not saying we should change it as there's nothing wring with the current one, but something a bit more chanty would be good. A trial at a pre season game possible?

Ger-Devils

I never knew you played Bro Hymn, that would've been cool but just not really a song most people would know or identify with - it's stuck with the Ducks but that's because Pennywise are from that area.

It's a tough job trying to cater to all tastes and styles but I think you do a pretty good job. I'm glad you recognise that there's gotta be a balance between keeping this fresh whilst also maintain tradition - that's purely why I think we should keep the Status Quo song.

I'd personally like to hear more organ stuff - I love the traditional hockey organ pieces and don't feel we use them enough. Perhaps one would be good when the opposition score?

Anyway, I generally enjoy the music played on gameday's and it's clear you put some thought into rather than just playing any old stuff. Keep up the good work! :)
I would like to take credit for Bro Hymn. My fault Paul was getting grief for the change in song as I suggested it to him.

As many teams in the US use it, it gives the crowd a chance to join in and it works... wel it does for me.

New Jersey Devils use of the Gaslight Anthem and the fans chant after it starts "you suck" at the opposing goalie. Witnessing it live was great.

New York Rangers song is one of the best I've heard at a NHL game.

The original version of Seven Nation Army, the chorus with the solo, could be pretty good. I don't know if it would be up-tempo enough, but it would certainly get a crowd going.