2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

voth26

Think he's having a little joke there, don't you!! Highly unlikely Bordy would sign there. MKL are new to the EIHL.....but it's not Vegas Golden Knights joining the NHL!!
Apart from the high probability the club could not afford his salary demands, they already have Nickerson for 'fighting and intimidation'
Does Nickerson know that lol, I think he could be a busy boy this season in that conference!!

The shame is that their place to ease into retirement from the sport.... is our "show". Hence we are all in awe when these guys are signed but it's not often they satisfy our expectations
It would be nice, a bit idealistic, but if we could just ignore the awesomeness of the NHL for several years and attract pure young talent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

It would be nice, a bit idealistic, but if we could just ignore the awesomeness of the NHL for several years and attract pure young talent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Think we're starting to see the beginnings of this type of change in style/experience with some teams this off season. It may be borne out of budgetary constraint in some cases, but several teams are recruiting rosters with many younger players either on the way up in their careers, or something to prove. Panthers, Stars in particular.

bb1

Hotham is awesome and I hope he doesn't leave but we can't forget that nobody is irreplaceable. Lord has found us the likes of him in the first place along with Haddad, Martin etc.....

We will attract plenty of great players but I really do hope Hotham has one more season with us

If Hotham moves to the DEL (Simms said there was an interesting DEL rumour coming from Wales that he hopes is true) then it's a massive loss for the Devils. However, sending a player to the DEL after spending a few seasons here speaks volumes for the league and the calibre of players we have here - this can only be a good thing for the league in the long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given his age, Hotham should take the chance in the DEL if there's a good offer on the table. He's near the end of his career, and needs to think about his future. I assume DEL money would be twice what he'd earn over here (is that about right?), and that'd be hard to turn down if he's thinking about the next stage of his life. There's a lot of life left to pay for after a hockey career finishes!

But if I was negotiating for Hotham with the Devils, I'd ask for a 2 year contract and a testimonial at the end of it. That'd probably match the DEL wages and enable him to stay somewhere he loves. Affordable for the club too.

A 2 year contract for a guy that's toying with retiring is not a good idea ... lol. Hotham had a spell in the DEL before he came to us, and if I were him, I'd take the opportunity to play there again if I were offered. The DEL is my favourite hockey league in Europe - the atmospheres are awesome! Saying that, I really hope he comes back

In hindsight, it's unbelievable that the Devils signed a guy like Hotham from the DEL when we were playing out of the BBT off the back of some pretty bad seasons!! How did they do that?!

jenks33

Story on THF that Joey Martin has been poached to DEL team
I'm hoping somebody saw Simms' tweet yesterday and is having a bit of a guess. I think he was talking about Hotham myself. I just can't see Martin leaving at this stage. What a huge setback that would be though, just before the start of the season

I cant see it being Martin, Personally i think its Hotham, and if thats the case surely that would free up quite a bit of wages allowing us to sign a decent player? I like Hotham but knowing he is coming to the end of his career cant begrudge the guy going to the DEL and picking up a decent wage.

Gazza272

Lord only mentioned Martin in his interview this week, so if it is Joey that deal has happened very very quickly.

Whereas he mentioned the Andrew Hotham negotiations have given him sleepless nights, which suggests other teams are in for him.