Anyone bold enough .....

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #1
To predict how they see the league panning out at this point?

Admittedly, lineups are not yet finalised, but I'd be shocked to see anyone making any 'out of this world' signings from this point onwards.

From my perspective it's us, Belfast and Nottingham looking strongest so far. Steelers look weaker to me than last season although they'll no doubt they'll put up a challenge.

Wannabe2

1st Devils
2nd Panthers
3rd Steelers
4th Giants
Yes there are signings to still be made, but I still think it's ours to lose, being totally unbiased of course.

BostonBart22

1st giants as they are not involved in europe and 22 home games after xmas.. 2nd ...devils ..3rd panthers 4th manchester..5th steelers...thommo gone by xmas...

Gazza272

1st giants as they are not involved in europe and 22 home games after xmas.. 2nd ...devils ..3rd panthers 4th manchester..5th steelers...thommo gone by xmas...

That home run for Belfast is goign to be a curse i think, crowds will be lower, players will start to find it monotonous, I'd hate it as a fan or a player.

Temme

Panthers
Devils
Steelers
Giants
Storm
Clan
Blaze
Flyers
Caps
MK
Flames
Stars

CC: Devils
P/O: Giants

Erdhart: Flyers
Gardiner: Devils
Patton: Storm

Ocko

Difficult one this year. So far on paper I don't think you can look past us and the Panthers for the league. We have the continuity but Panthers have signed quality too. Sheffield don't look as good to me, but you can never write them off.

It's also a bit too early as Belfast still have loads to sign.

Wagstaff

Panthers
Devils
Steelers
Giants
Storm
Clan
Blaze
Flyers
Caps
MK
Flames
Stars

CC: Devils
P/O: Giants

Erdhart: Flyers
Gardiner: Devils
Patton: Storm
I think the top 4 will struggle to all be from the same conference, they will probably be the best four teams but for one to win the league they will have to take the points off the other three giving a chance to the winners of the other conferences to take two of the top 4 spots..... which is wrong as it is an uneven playing field.
Have to say I don't like the conference system being unequal for all

I think the top 4 will struggle to all be from the same conference, they will probably be the best four teams but for one to win the league they will have to take the points off the other three giving a chance to the winners of the other conferences to take two of the top 4 spots..... which is wrong as it is an uneven playing field.
Have to say I don't like the conference system being unequal for all
Last season the big 4 finished as the top 4 in the league, and the proportion of conference games is lower this season than last season so the effect should be reduced (32 in 52 last season were conference games, 24 in 56 this coming season). Braehead might have a chance of getting top 4, but they pretty much have to be perfect in their conference, and have a good record against their non-conference rivals, something they failed to do last season. Ditto for the Blaze (or whoever wins the Paton conference)