Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2017/18

bb1

How on earth some of you are questioning Reddick is beyond me. The guy is an absolutely superb signing and let's be honest how often has Lord signed a howler!

Salters was awful compared to his previous seasons but that's the only one who stands out as not what we expected.

Reddick on the other hand looks superb. Has great hands, vision and wheels. If you watch the highlight reels over his last 2 seasons you as hockey fans should see that.

Wannabe2

How on earth some of you are questioning Reddick is beyond me. The guy is an absolutely superb signing and let's be honest how often has Lord signed a howler!

Salters was awful compared to his previous seasons but that's the only one who stands out as not what we expected.

Reddick on the other hand looks superb. Has great hands, vision and wheels. If you watch the highlight reels over his last 2 seasons you as hockey fans should see that.
Well said you, Lordo made a comment saying, I think our fans are going to love the way he plays for us. If that's not a huge recommendation, then I don't know what is. Now I like a drink as much as the next person, but my eyes didn't deceive me when watching this young man ply his trade, Anyway good on you bb1, he sure looks good.

Wannabe2

I am a dickhead from time to time, I do know that, well maybe more than time to time, but hey ho your only young once. Am I enthusiastic about this Glorious club, well I would be missing a pulse if I wasn't, and hopefully that's a bit off yet. For 8 months or whatever this club makes me feel 18, and I don't know of anything else that could do that, anyway it's all looking kushti and that can't be bad, half tidy even.

Slartibartfast

I like the way this team is shaping up. Typical Lordo recruitment strategy. Keep the ones that have consistently performed. Gas or let leave the ones who are struggling with where the league is going (usually at the end of their UK career), add some strong CVs, add some hidden gems. Works for me and works for winning as last season showed.
If you want a team that spends money like water and is packed only with strong CVs but still didnt win the league follow the Steelers. If you want a team that does not let any player go then don't expect to win anything.

KaneDevils

I am a dickhead from time to time, I do know that, well maybe more than time to time, but hey ho your only young once. Am I enthusiastic about this Glorious club, well I would be missing a pulse if I wasn't, and hopefully that's a bit off yet. For 8 months or whatever this club makes me feel 18, and I don't know of anything else that could do that, anyway it's all looking kushti and that can't be bad, half tidy even.
Not at all mate. Some of your comments and posts used to drive me mad, then I stopped to think. Life is short, and it's clear to all you love the sport and are passionate about your team. Anything wrong with that? Is there f!#k.
I'd rather sit next to an enthusiast like yourself rather than someone who mainly goes for a pint and something to past the time.
I think osh just tries to wind you up. Not sure who he thinks he is in all honesty.

Carry on being you, and if people don't like it, balls!!

For the record, I think Reddick looks a very solid addition.

Wannabe2

Osh is pretty cool, he has his own views and they are as valid as anyone's. We see things differently and that's good, but we are all united in our passion for this wonderful club. Come game night we are all there together with a common goal, to see our precious team win, and that's becoming pretty regular lately, and long may it continue. Our team is really looking the Mutts Nutts this season, 3/4 last season guys, 4/4 would be untrue, but this team can do just that, and I will be there to see it all.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

osh

Not at all mate. Some of your comments and posts used to drive me mad, then I stopped to think. Life is short, and it's clear to all you love the sport and are passionate about your team. Anything wrong with that? Is there f!#k.
I'd rather sit next to an enthusiast like yourself rather than someone who mainly goes for a pint and something to past the time.
I think osh just tries to wind you up. Not sure who he thinks he is in all honesty.

Carry on being you, and if people don't like it, balls!!

For the record, I think Reddick looks a very solid addition.
And for the record, I don't try and wind anyone up, I just express my opinions like everyone else, the fact that I questioned Wannabe2's opinion on our latest signing is hardly winding him up. As I have already said, no one can ever doubt Wannabe2's passion for our club, and long may that remain. As for you not being sure of who I am etc, am I bovvered, absolutely not. Getting back to Reddick, I sincerely hope he is a huge success for us this season - why wouldn't I - I simply have my doubts he is going to be the pure class sort of D man some think he will be, and hope I'm proven wrong as already stated.

ASHIPP

I like the way this team is shaping up. Typical Lordo recruitment strategy. Keep the ones that have consistently performed. Gas or let leave the ones who are struggling with where the league is going (usually at the end of their UK career), add some strong CVs, add some hidden gems. Works for me and works for winning as last season showed.
If you want a team that spends money like water and is packed only with strong CVs but still didnt win the league follow the Steelers. If you want a team that does not let any player go then don't expect to win anything.
Actually that's not strictly true about the Steelers. They won the League title twice immediately before the Devils did. And they replaced players and kept many oif their core, just like the Devils. Heck, their fans might even argue that our club was spending money like water when Bordy was signed - he certainly would have been earning a fair bit.

The team that wins the league is the one that manages injury and fatigue, develops excellent line chemistry and, for most of the season gets the better of the other teams.

Steelers managed it for 2 of the last 3 years. Our beloved team was fantastically successful last season - hopefully the first season of many to come.

ASHIPP

OK thanks , dont do twitter ..dont know if i missed it but i thought the devils may have announced it as a departing player and thank him for his services to the club, pretty piss poor if they didnt imo.

A couple of months ago Todd and Lordo spoke in an article about how the U23 rule had affected clubs and the impact it would have on certain players around the league.Clubs have no control over the U23 rule. Both CJ and Piggsie's contributions to our team were rightly acknowleged. TK and Lordo praised these guys.
Hardly a'p*** poor' reaction from the Club, is it?