Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2017/18

osh

Not really. You may be surprised to know that not all Devils fans are on the Inferno.

And as regards to expectations, remember that Joey Martin was signed originally as a 2nd/3rd line centre. That signing worked out quite well I guess.
Not really what ? I'm not surprised at all to be informed that not all Devils fans are on the Inferno. I am surprised however that so little is being mentioned about our latest signing that's all. Even you haven't made a comment about him, only to say that Joey Martin worked out well.

osh

Very very bad quote dude, this guy is pure class try comparing him to Martin Lindman if comparing from the past. If loving everything this wonderful club does is wrong, then I don't want to be right. We are on the crest of a wave at the moment and I for one are going to enjoy the ride, try it it's pretty neat. I have knocked heads with Bob face to face, I have knocked heads with Ragan face to face, it gets tiring after a while, and Jesus the rest feels mighty nice. I know it's a joke, and this guy will prove you wrong he is class, as for improving ,well last season we were hoping for the league title, this season I can't see anyone coming close to taking it off us, and how good does that feel. We are one very very good team this season, if you can cut a player of Doucets class you are in one heathy position. Anyway I can't wait, I am expecting, and I will not be disappointed.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS
Taxi for Wannabe2. How on earth can you say this guy is pure class, based on what for gods sake. I hope he is, but based on his cv, I think to say he is pure class is an overstatement. I never said loving everything this 'wonderful club' does is wrong etc etc, I just don't see it your way that's all. As for who's heads you've knocked over the years, good for you, what's that got to do with the new player.

jenks33

Lord himself said in an interview a month or so ago that he wanted Douc back but he wanted to be a number 1 guy on a team. Douc chose to leave.
Easy to say that when a player has gone. I would have been astonished if Doucet came back. It was obvious Lordo didn't fancy him in the big games

Finny

The PR confirms that Batch will play as a forward this year. Which means that (assuming A. Hotham is back) Paris is replacing S Hotham and Reddick replaces Batch.

So this guy is our 6th defenceman. 2 seasons in the ECHL followed by 3 seasons in Europe. Two of which are in leagues traditionally regarded as tougher than ours.
I reckon he'll get around 5-6 goals. No team has signed a 6th Dman with a better pedigree than him yet.

Devil_Abroad

Lord wanted Douce back, Douce chose to leave! I'm desperate for A.Hoth and Asselin back now... I don't even want anyone else new! If we lose either, I'll be gutted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know this first hand? Doucet told you? Lord told you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

Lord himself said in an interview a month or so ago that he wanted Douc back but he wanted to be a number 1 guy on a team. Douc chose to leave.
Lord implied Doucet was a top line forward but he couldn't be that on the Devils team so there wasn't a place for him. That is different to saying he wanted him. Doucet is not a 3rd line or 4th line player.

Devil_Abroad

I have a feeling people are looking at scoring stats when judging whether our new D man looks good enough on paper... good old inferno lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hands up here, I do that; as well as leagues played and any highlights available. Unfortunately I don't know any coaches or players lol

Devil_Abroad

The PR confirms that Batch will play as a forward this year. Which means that (assuming A. Hotham is back) Paris is replacing S Hotham and Reddick replaces Batch.

So this guy is our 6th defenceman. 2 seasons in the ECHL followed by 3 seasons in Europe. Two of which are in leagues traditionally regarded as tougher than ours.
I reckon he'll get around 5-6 goals. No team has signed a 6th Dman with a better pedigree than him yet.
Makes sense

ASHIPP

Is there any other team this year with the depth and flexibility options that the Devils have? At least 2 defencemen who could play forward, three forwards who could play defence, 4 players who could play as good on the wing as they do at centre. Why is there moaning?

august04

As our likely 6th D man, I don't give two hoots about his scoring stats. I'm not expecting this guy to be another Andrew Hotham offensively, or even Scott Hotham (who I think is a real shame isn't coming back). Let's just hope he can defend, is solid at the back end and can chip in offensively. That will do for me.

Simms made a comment on THF saying Cardiff fans should be happy with the signing as he is a very good player. That leads me into thinking Sheffield were looking at him. Maybe he chose us over them.