2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

ASHIPP

Beca is a great signing....but he also had excellent chemistry with his two linemates (both top scorers) neither of whom are at Manchester and last year's Clan were so inconsistent. Finnerty building a good team in Manchester but I can understand Clan fans' disappointment that all their best players from last season are defecting to their former coach!

Gazza272

The More Manchester sign Braehead players with the same coach as last season, then the same mentality will
Beca is a great signing....but he also had excellent chemistry with his two linemates (both top scorers) neither of whom are at Manchester and last year's Clan were so inconsistent. Finnerty building a good team in Manchester but I can understand Clan fans' disappointment that all their best players from last season are defecting to their former coach!

It has to be a good thing for both braehead and Finnerty.

The two together had grown stale, and the whole organisation had an atmosphere of underachievement to it.

now the split has occured Braehead can get that atmosphere out, and Finnerty has a chance to re invent himself under a banner more akin to his style of play.

Sign this kid up now and let him win a few championships on the way to the senior team. lol. In all seriousness the kid has awesome skills but is now also being coached by the master himself.

Anyone else have a feeling that Bordy is coming back to the Devils.... he's not been signed as playing anywhere else yet.
Personally, I wouldn't mind him back. He policed games, but at the same time, I think he would need to step up a bit from some of his performances last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldnt want Bor
Anyone else have a feeling that Bordy is coming back to the Devils.... he's not been signed as playing anywhere else yet.
Personally, I wouldn't mind him back. He policed games, but at the same time, I think he would need to step up a bit from some of his performances last year.

I wouldnt want Bordeleau back. For all his hype and his salary I expected more. Last 2 months of the season I thought he was poor

Gazza272

I wouldnt want Bordeleau back. For all his hype and his salary I expected more. Last 2 months of the season I thought he was poor

The two months where we hardly lost a game?

Fighting typically goes down in the final few months as teams need points more than they need to settle scores. Bordy got us some big goals in Nottingham in the league and Belfast in the Cup particularly. Given his role on the 4th line i'm not sure what else he could have done in those last couple of months.

Have Hope#35

The two months where we hardly lost a game?

Fighting typically goes down in the final few months as teams need points more than they need to settle scores. Bordy got us some big goals in Nottingham in the league and Belfast in the Cup particularly. Given his role on the 4th line i'm not sure what else he could have done in those last couple of months.
I agree that he did his job (most of the time) as a fourth line winger... The question would be: should we be spending his kind of a salary on a fourth liner? I personally think there are younger, cheaper and hungrier options out there who will do as good, if not a better job than him!
I recently listened to an interview with McGrattan back in Calgary and the interviewer asked him if he'd fought Bordy or Rosehill... his answer surprised me! He said there's no way that seasoned fighters of NHL calibre are going to scrap each other in that league, there's not enough merit to warrant it.

Gazza272

I agree that he did his job (most of the time) as a fourth line winger... The question would be: should we be spending his kind of a salary on a fourth liner? I personally think there are younger, cheaper and hungrier options out there who will do as good, if not a better job than him!
I recently listened to an interview with McGrattan back in Calgary and the interviewer asked him if he'd fought Bordy or Rosehill... his answer surprised me! He said there's no way that seasoned fighters of NHL calibre are going to scrap each other in that league, there's not enough merit to warrant it.

I'm not for a second suggesting Bordeleau should come back (although I wouldn't be disappointed if he did) But I just feel criticism of him in the final few months is harsh.

As for Mcgrattan's comments, he's right isn't he? There's no point in those guys slugging each other in the head for no reason? Had bordy sticked someone in the face i'm sure Mcgrattan would have been the one to answer the call.

but ultimately I agree, a younger guy with something to prove would be amazing on the 4th line.

I guess he's forgetting that he fought Rosehill twice.Stupid comment from him.

Bordy wont be back, to expensive for very little he done last season imo ..OUT

I'm not for a second suggesting Bordeleau should come back (although I wouldn't be disappointed if he did) But I just feel criticism of him in the final few months is harsh.

As for Mcgrattan's comments, he's right isn't he? There's no point in those guys slugging each other in the head for no reason? Had bordy sticked someone in the face i'm sure Mcgrattan would have been the one to answer the call.

but ultimately I agree, a younger guy with something to prove would be amazing on the 4th line.
There was an incident in the latter parts of the season if I remember correctly where Bordeleau did something in Nottingham, can't remember what but McGrattan did try to get him to drop the gloves. Didn't happen obviously but it shows that only something dirty or pretty bad would get McGrattan to want to fight him.

For as long as teams are signing better quality forwards, I think the times of the Bordeleau's and McGrattan's will fade away quickly. Toughness will stay of course but out and out enforcers won't, that may change, it may not but the EIHL seems to be naturally adapting away from enforcers with the better quality forwards coming in and teams wanting to win the league more and more.

Devil_Abroad

There was an incident in the latter parts of the season if I remember correctly where Bordeleau did something in Nottingham, can't remember what but McGrattan did try to get him to drop the gloves. Didn't happen obviously but it shows that only something dirty or pretty bad would get McGrattan to want to fight him.

For as long as teams are signing better quality forwards, I think the times of the Bordeleau's and McGrattan's will fade away quickly. Toughness will stay of course but out and out enforcers won't, that may change, it may not but the EIHL seems to be naturally adapting away from enforcers with the better quality forwards coming in and teams wanting to win the league more and more.
Bordy made one of his hits behind the net which the crowd quite rightly didn't like as he's the opposition - so McGrattan reacted as he should being the enforcer and sought out the suggested offender - when he caught up to him in front of the net Bordy grabbed him in a hug and they continued to the boards where they fell over. You could see Bordy talking to him so I guess they realised it was nothing and thought better of it - seeing they're friends now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely agree, they probably are all in agreement that their all too old and take the money while you can. The hunger was satisfied in the show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

What's your source on this??
Think he's having a little joke there, don't you!! Highly unlikely Bordy would sign there. MKL are new to the EIHL.....but it's not Vegas Golden Knights joining the NHL!!
Apart from the high probability the club could not afford his salary demands, they already have Nickerson for 'fighting and intimidation'

Bordy made one of his hits behind the net which the crowd quite rightly didn't like as he's the opposition - so McGrattan reacted as he should being the enforcer and sought out the suggested offender - when he caught up to him in front of the net Bordy grabbed him in a hug and they continued to the boards where they fell over. You could see Bordy talking to him so I guess they realised it was nothing and thought better of it - seeing they're friends
Yeah they ended up hugging to the ground and talking, then nothing comes of it.