Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2017/18

Devil94

I'm going for..... (I may be well off, but I can hope).......

Martin-Bent-Import
Haddad-Ulmer-Asselin
Lord-Myers-Faryna
Rabbit-Import-Moore

Richie-A.Hotham
Louis-Fournier
Paris-Batch

Mo- Spare import/assistant coach
If we do sign Rabbit (don't think we will now), you'd play him on the fourth line?

JC23

If we do sign Rabbit (don't think we will now), you'd play him on the fourth line?
I don't think we'll sign him either, but that's because he plays Centre, not wing, and we're pretty set for centres on the team already aside from the fourth line, where I wouldn't play him.

I wouldn't want to waste Matthew Myers on the fourth line either, so I don't see a place for him.

bb1

I personally think this because Paris on paper looks like a first line D man, realistically could we afford A Hotham on top of that?

Although the flip side is that Hotham is really an 'icing on the cake' kind of signing, so they may be leaving it until last.
We can definitely afford it imo. Our sell out crowds and ST sales seem to have been superb last season and this year being in CHL we will be even more of a draw.
I have a feeling that Batch maybe utilised as a 4th line forward who can also play D when needed. So I don't think we will let a guy like Hotham slip through our grasp unless he decides to retire.

zoesdevil

I don't think we'll sign him either, but that's because he plays Centre, not wing, and we're pretty set for centres on the team already aside from the fourth line, where I wouldn't play him.

I wouldn't want to waste Matthew Myers on the fourth line either, so I don't see a place for him.
It's a tough one as you wouldn't put him on 1st as I'd expect a higher quality signing on that line.
2nd line says it all & was immense last season, 3rd line would be a very difficult line to play on, which leaves the 4th, who h i can't imagine he would want to play on that line & I think he'd too good to play there too! So may be we haven't signed him.

ASHIPP

Great job by the Devils - another player on university option. Experienced, hard hitting, point scorer who can play in both forward positions. Excellent signing.
With experience in both Italy and Denmark, am sure several of our existing Devils' players will be very familiar with him.

Welcome to Cardiff, Matt

Last edited:
Looks like a great addition. He outscored Saviano when they were together at Bolzano and we all know he is a decent player. Better than a point a game at ECHL, Danish and Asian leagues, so should provide some real scoring threat. I do hope we can add Asselin as well now! Well done Devils.

Devil94

Been watching some clips of him. A big guy, hits hard, will fight, but also moves very well and has great hands and a scoring instinct. Top point scorer in the Asia league last year. No complaints from me!