2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

Temme

Do we have 100% confirmed dates for the POFW?
It's probably been announced, but if you miss the initial announcement it's a needle-haystack job trying to find the dates so easier to ask :)

Have Hope#35

It's probably been announced, but if you miss the initial announcement it's a needle-haystack job trying to find the dates so easier to ask :)
99% Sure it's confirmed as April 14th & 15th... That's the weekend I have booked anyway!

Devil_Abroad

99% Sure it's confirmed as April 14th & 15th... That's the weekend I have booked anyway!
It hasn't been confirmed. However I'm assuming you need to book the Motorpoint Nottingham well in advance and some people close to EIHL and so 'in the know' have let slip a few times that it's a week later next year - so as stated above.

Hope so, as we booked our hotel in April lol Even then we couldn't get a room where we wanted to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JC23

Steelers announcing their final summer signing tomorrow. Guessing a d-man? They currently only have 5 D on their roster.

First team to fill their whole roster. Too early to have every position filled do you think?

Gazza272

Steelers announcing their final summer signing tomorrow. Guessing a d-man? They currently only have 5 D on their roster.

First team to fill their whole roster. Too early to have every position filled do you think?

Not these days I don't think. most teams start playing middle of August so a month to have your roster sorted to sort all of their flights, accommodation etc seems about right.

Whether they have their recruitment right is the next question. They certainly didn't upgrade like I thought they might have.

JC23

Not these days I don't think. most teams start playing middle of August so a month to have your roster sorted to sort all of their flights, accommodation etc seems about right.

Whether they have their recruitment right is the next question. They certainly didn't upgrade like I thought they might have.
Good point, well made.

I agree, they've not upgraded anywhere near as much as I imagined.

I mean, they had some very good players anyway, but the players they've brought in don't seem to add much more on top of last year. At least not on paper.

Johnnybravo1927

Good point, well made.

I agree, they've not upgraded anywhere near as much as I imagined.

I mean, they had some very good players anyway, but the players they've brought in don't seem to add much more on top of last year. At least not on paper.

Talking to their fans at the CC final they were expecting a mass clear out this summer. They will be strong but nobody stands out. Keeping Roy was vital, losing Desbiens was a huge loss and Marquardt isnt as good as a replacement

JC23

Talking to their fans at the CC final they were expecting a mass clear out this summer. They will be strong but nobody stands out. Keeping Roy was vital, losing Desbiens was a huge loss and Marquardt isnt as good as a replacement
I quite like Marquardt myself, would have been happy to see him in red this coming season. Although as you say, he's not quite of Desbiens level.

For me, their forwards aren't setting the world alight, Wallace is good...but not exceptional, and Ramsay, from what I've seen although he seems like he'll go with anyone, looks a bit of a punchbag compared to the guys being signed around the league.

Just my view though, I'm sure Paul Thompson knows a lot more than I do.;)

Ocko

I don't think Sheffield have upgraded at all, and to me their D look particularly clumbersome and slow.

Desbiens is a huge loss without doubt but Marquardt is a more than capable replacement. He clearly doesn't bring the toughness Desbiens did but he will bring a lot more offence. Marquadt had more points in a bloody awful Blaze side with crap linemates than Desbiens did in a quality Sheffield side.

ASHIPP

Biggest loss is Desbiens. Used to think Armstrong was a great player...until he started running goalies. Team instructions or not, it's dangerous and disrespectful.
And bringing in new players is not always about the individual performances or even 'upgrading'though. It's how they gel with the rest of the players, stay fit, build chemistry, execute the game plan, knowing how to win.

SteveKing

Today marks the arrival of Lord and Kelman in Calgary for our annual Devil's summit. There are still a couple of spots to tie down for this year but as I mentioned previously, we're not in a huge hurry to fill them. Now that North American free agency has settled down, we'll have a good sense for who is available. Often there will be people available that we never would have expected. If some things do start to solidify, I'll consider putting out a clue or two...although I'm still completely scared of the mystical mind reading powers of Jenks!

Devil_Abroad

I think they have upgraded but we won't know if enough until we complete and Panthers/Giants show their hands?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

Today marks the arrival of Lord and Kelman in Calgary for our annual Devil's summit. There are still a couple of spots to tie down for this year but as I mentioned previously, we're not in a huge hurry to fill them. Now that North American free agency has settled down, we'll have a good sense for who is available. Often there will be people available that we never would have expected. If some things do start to solidify, I'll consider putting out a clue or two...although I'm still completely scared of the mystical mind reading powers of Jenks!
If Jenks promises to keep quiet how about teasing the rest of us in due course?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk