2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

ASHIPP

I'm sorry ASHIPP but that's the most ridiculous post I've seen for a while. It's so over the top I'm not sure if you're being serious or not? Are you actually suggesting that he might have read some of the lighthearted puns about his name and decided not to sign? Ludicrous.
If you've seen Wacey being interviewed he seems like a right character and I'm sure he wouldn't be offended by a few jokes about his surname being rabbit.
I can't believe people's lack of sense of humour sometimes. Baffling
No need to apologise, Jenks. Sometimes personal insults can effect an individuals decision. People are right - Wacey has probably heard some unrepeatable insults from players! But would he find it welcoming from fans of a club he might be joining? His name has a meaning from his culture and background. We'll find out soon enough whether he is joining the Devils - and if he doesn't then it would be a great pity.

jenks33

No need to apologise, Jenks. Sometimes personal insults can effect an individuals decision. People are right - Wacey has probably heard some unrepeatable insults from players! But would he find it welcoming from fans of a club he might be joining? His name has a meaning from his culture and background. We'll find out soon enough whether he is joining the Devils - and if he doesn't then it would be a great pity.
But what has anybody said that's insulting to his heritage? His surname is Rabbit so people have said things like "Hoptimistic, "dangling a carrot" "won the wace to sign him" that's not disrespecting his people. That's just having a laugh because he's got a cool name.
I've got a mate called Bryn. I'm sure he wouldn't say it's insulting to the Welsh if he heard a few Hill related jokes

Wannabe2

Bracknel once had a player named Jamie Crapper, imagine the jokes about that, he went on to be a ref although he was pretty shit, he then changed his name to Craiper.

Or maybe Wacey was going to sign with us and saw the complete cultural ineptitude in some very recent posts mocking his name? Who could blame him? :mad: Here's a young man who no doubt will have lots of offers.

What sort of welcome would that be for a new player signing for our Club, to come on here and find he is the source of ignorant humour?

If Steve and our Owners, Todd and Lordo ever needed proof that the average British person is completely devoid of cultural intelligence, they need look no further than some of the recent posts on this forum. It's utterly embarrassing and, yes, immature.
It's hard enough for clubs to attract players to the UK as it is. That sort of behaviour could influence a player's decision to sign, because it's personal...so well done to those people who thought it was funny and joined in.:mad:

Guess Canadians are lucky to have the jump on all things cultural with their history and fantastic scenery.

If only some posters had bothered to read up on a potentially new player to our roster, they might have discovered HOW and WHY Wacey got his name and what it means. They might actually learn something.
I don't know you, so I'll leave my opinion of you to myself.

You've not been near a mans changing room have you, I'm assuming your gender. I can assure you that an Ice Hockey changing room is one not for the faint of heart or humour, even for a Canadian. I'm sure Wacy has met many Americans in his career, all will have mocked his accent, been asked why he plays hockey as Canadians make better farmers etc etc.

If Devils making a few jokes, childish yes, of course, we don't want too mock in a harmful manner, that would be cruel and crass, if those jokes did as you suggest influence Mr Rabbits decision then frankly imagine what influence a 6'6" rival player ready to drop gloves is gonna have on his game.

So l suggest your mellow dramatic assumption is incorrect, has had no impact on his choice of U.K. club, l would imagine it actually put a smile, grin and or caused a laugh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

august04

I don't believe for one second that he would have chosen to go elsewhere because of some light hearted comments on this forum. And frankly, IF he has (and it's an almighty IF!), then we're better off without him.

ASHIPP

I don't know you, so I'll leave my opinion of you to myself.

You've not been near a mans changing room have you, I'm assuming your gender. I can assure you that an Ice Hockey changing room is one not for the faint of heart or humour, even for a Canadian. I'm sure Wacy has met many Americans in his career, all will have mocked his accent, been asked why he plays hockey as Canadians make better farmers etc etc.

If Devils making a few jokes, childish yes, of course, we don't want too mock in a harmful manner, that would be cruel and crass, if those jokes did as you suggest influence Mr Rabbits decision then frankly imagine what influence a 6'6" rival player ready to drop gloves is gonna have on his game.

So l suggest your mellow dramatic assumption is incorrect, has had no impact on his choice of U.K. club, l would imagine it actually put a smile, grin and or caused a laugh.

I agree, Josh that mocking in a crass manner could be harmful - I refer you to your post about Wacey on page40 which, btw, other posters also found rather distasteful too. Not the sort of response from fans that a potential new player would hope to find welcoming him to the club whether it was said in jest or not.

However, it's a democratic forum, where everyone is allowed to post their views - whether they be humorous, serious or ridiculous.

Devil94

Lordo did mention in one of his weekend interviews that he'll know over the next month where he will stand with the d-men, as some are looking to play in the DEL. Maybe A Hotham and/or Louis looking to play in Germany.

This guy has fantastic numbers and will make a good hotham replacement if he decides to play elsewhere.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=24345

He did originally sign in Austria for this year, but looks like he has pulled out of the deal. If you can translate this page, it's quite a read....

http://www.ecvsv.at/matt-register-will-vsv-vertrag-platzen-lassen/

If true, think it's better we stay away. But no doubt over his playing ability.

I agree, Josh that mocking in a crass manner could be harmful - I refer you to your post about Wacey on page40 which, btw, other posters also found rather distasteful too. Not the sort of response from fans that a potential new player would hope to find welcoming him to the club whether it was said in jest or not.
Let's not argue semantics, humour is after all subjective.

The fact a few posters are in agreement with you does I'm afraid not constitute a majority view point, many have been critical of your comments, it makes little difference how many people agree or disagree, this is not a competition or courtroom.

However, it's a democratic forum, where everyone is allowed to post their views - whether they be humorous, serious or ridiculous.
Absolutely, although your above comment is pretty ironic.

Mooney#16

The question is which jersey. By my count they'll be a minimum of five sets. Home and Away CHL and the Home, Away and Third EIHL. Start saving now shirt bunnies!

I am fairly sure that neither Wacey Rabbit or any other players reads this forum, takes notice of this forum or would let comments on this forum bother them. Wacey Rabbit and pretty much every other import we have ever signed never grew up playing hockey with a burning desire to play for Cardiff. They are only here to earn a wage and money talks. If Braehead or Belfast offer them a better deal they would sign there. New players are not fans of our club and a few comments about a players surname would not bother them as long as they get paid

august04

And I believe the CHL jerseys are Warrior. A shame IMO as the quality takes a dive, but something different I suppose.
I'm not familiar with the Warrior jerseys. They may be inferior to our CH Sports shirts but they must surely be better than our hideous play off jerseys?!

Samael

At least you changed the subject! :D
It was intentional. The childish bickering from the usual inferno bitches has bugger all to do with rumour speculation and offseason nonsense. I'm speculating this seasons jerseys are going to be better than previous. Especially if they drop the stylised writing and get the club logo back on the front.

I'm not familiar with the Warrior jerseys. They may be inferior to our CH Sports shirts but they must surely be better than our hideous play off jerseys?!
They're much smoother than Rhino, very lightweight, more expensive though.

If you don't like Rhino then I can't see you guys liking Warrior at all! Stick to what's best where possible and stay with the proper stitched jerseys :p

Name aside Wacy Rabbit has decent skills.

I agree with Johhnybravo1927, players are loyal to the contract, who provides that contract, not an issue, just ask some previous Devils players who left and played for teams that Devils fans hated.

I hope the Devils logo returns to the front, was never a fan of the font style or choice of words. I liked the flag on the rear, that was a nice touch and one that should remain. I'd like to see more thought put into the design, better choices of colour than previous versions.