2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

Jonesy83

It's ancient history - all in the past. We don't want to dredge all that irrelevance up again. The truth never really reached the public domain and that's the way it should stay.
Just being curious buddy....I remember it being mentioned by Lord after a game at the start of last season....and if the truth never reached the public domain, how come so many seem to know what 'the truth' is.

ASHIPP

Just being curious buddy....I remember it being mentioned by Lord after a game at the start of last season....and if the truth never reached the public domain, how come so many seem to know what 'the truth' is.
You're right - expect there are individuals who know 'the truth'. But maybe they respect those involved in that situation enough not to put it out there for public dissection. Possibly because, as with many things that people believe are personal to them, it does not belong in the public domain.

Mooney#16

I know who the guilty party were but as for the motivation behind anyone's actions I haven't a clue so it's better it remains of the record so it doesn't become some ill informed social media fiasco as all things UK hockey seem to descend to. Its no great conspiracy story in fact it is exactly what was stated in that a club tried to block Rosehill but it definately had nothing to do with Cardiff.

I know the in the know thing is infuriating but it's purely to set record straight for Devils and Lordo. The rest of the affair is none of my business so apologies it is so cryptic.

I've heard that if Wracy Rabbit does not sign his brother Roger or cousin Fluffy are available, but if we really blow the budget 2nd cousin Rampant is a real option, will give 100% every time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

d20

Not sure if we are signing Wacey Rabbit as some seem to think maybe we are or were but his latest twitter post says....."Good guy,Works hard,Throws lefts"...#freeagentfrenzie #glueguy....maybe we were but somethings changed.

jenks33

Not sure if we are signing Wacey Rabbit as some seem to think maybe we are or were but his latest twitter post says....."Good guy,Works hard,Throws lefts"...#freeagentfrenzie #glueguy....maybe we were but somethings changed.
Yeah looks like this signing won't be happening if twitter is anything to go by. Obviously it's a bit of a guessing game with twitter but it looked like he was close to signing with us - Liking everything Devils related, photos with Faryna saying "Building Chemistry", His friend saying 'If you sign for Cardiff' Etc

d20

Yes seems odd,cant see him putting that up if he was signed with someone ,I know the Devils dont like players putting stuff out there but surely they wouldnt have cancelled it purely on him putting a post up with faryna or maybe just announce him the same time.

He is still following the champions hockey league ,Mark Louis and the cardiff Devils.

zoesdevil

Yes seems odd,cant see him putting that up if he was signed with someone ,I know the Devils dont like players putting stuff out there but surely they wouldnt have cancelled it purely on him putting a post up with faryna or maybe just announce him the same time.

He is still following the champions hockey league ,Mark Louis and the cardiff Devils.
Maybe he was the Friday announcement that was late & was meant to be Wacey & something happened, which led to Myers being announced instead??!!

ASHIPP

Or maybe Wacey was going to sign with us and saw the complete cultural ineptitude in some very recent posts mocking his name? Who could blame him? :mad: Here's a young man who no doubt will have lots of offers.

What sort of welcome would that be for a new player signing for our Club, to come on here and find he is the source of ignorant humour?

If Steve and our Owners, Todd and Lordo ever needed proof that the average British person is completely devoid of cultural intelligence, they need look no further than some of the recent posts on this forum. It's utterly embarrassing and, yes, immature.
It's hard enough for clubs to attract players to the UK as it is. That sort of behaviour could influence a player's decision to sign, because it's personal...so well done to those people who thought it was funny and joined in.:mad:

Guess Canadians are lucky to have the jump on all things cultural with their history and fantastic scenery.

If only some posters had bothered to read up on a potentially new player to our roster, they might have discovered HOW and WHY Wacey got his name and what it means. They might actually learn something.

Last edited:

kingmo19.1

Or maybe Wacey was going to sign with us and saw the complete cultural ineptitude in some very recent posts mocking his name? Who could blame him? :mad: Here's a young man who no doubt will have lots of offers.

What sort of welcome would that be for a new player signing for our Club, to come on here and find he is the source of ignorant humour?

If Steve and our Owners, Todd and Lordo ever needed proof that the average British person is completely devoid of cultural intelligence, they need look no further than some of the recent posts on this forum. It's utterly embarrassing and, yes, immature.
It's hard enough for clubs to attract players to the UK as it is. That sort of behaviour could influence a player's decision to sign, because it's personal...so well done to those people who thought it was funny and joined in.:mad:

Guess Canadians are lucky to have the jump on all things cultural with their history and fantastic scenery.

If only some posters had bothered to read up on a potentially new player to our roster, they might have discovered HOW and WHY Wacey got his name and what it means. They might actually learn something.
Wow - now that does go down as over reaction of the century!!

A post based purely on assumption and guess work!

Im sure Mr Rabbit has a sense of humour and isn't totally and utterly anal as some others !!!! One could assume he's heard far worse whilst being a professional sportsman and maybe just maybe his skin isn't as touch paper thin as others around here!

In a nutshell - get a grip!

Get over yourself! What an outrageous post. He's a hockey player I'm sure he's been called much worse by other players. Grow up

jenks33

I'm sorry ASHIPP but that's the most ridiculous post I've seen for a while. It's so over the top I'm not sure if you're being serious or not? Are you actually suggesting that he might have read some of the lighthearted puns about his name and decided not to sign? Ludicrous.
If you've seen Wacey being interviewed he seems like a right character and I'm sure he wouldn't be offended by a few jokes about his surname being rabbit.
I can't believe people's lack of sense of humour sometimes. Baffling