Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2017/18

SteveKing

First of all, I have to really give a huge shout to Jenks33 who correctly deciphered my clue a few weeks ago. Never in a million years did I think that someone would be able to come up with Drew Paris from that clue. I'm still shocked. I'm obviously going to have to get way more creative and obscure because you lot are just too clever.

Now on to the players. Drew will be an interesting hybrid between Mark Louis in terms of his size and skating and Carl Hudson with his point shot (which Lordo felt that we missed on our power play). He was extremely keen to come to Cardiff based on what he had heard about our club.

As for Faryna, you didn't honestly think that we would let a Calgary kid that averages a point a game, fights anybody that comes calling and was a complete pain in the ass to play against get passed us did you?! Justin is a great guy. We've spent a good amount of time with him, his wife Kelsea (sp?) and their son Noah in Calgary. They've heard all about the famous Red Army and how well their family will be looked after in Cardiff and can't wait.

So before anybody asks me for a new clue on any other new signings, a) you guys have proven to be too good at decoding and b) we haven't signed any more yet so I can't!!! Lot's of very good candidates but we have so few openings this year that we want to be patient and see what opens up after the July 1st free agency period in North America comes and goes.

Training camp starts in only six and a half weeks!!!

Two solid additions. It's always exciting having a totally new player to the league, and in Drew I think we will have a gem. Love the fact that we are going down the route of having big strong defenceman in the form of Paris and Louis who are able to clear the net and be an intimidating presence for opposing forwards ...not only that but their skating ability for big players is outstanding which is a real asset. I'm very excited to see Paris in a devils uniform, and can't wait to see that shot!

I haven't said much about Justin Faryna, but really what else could I say? We know what he is all about having already been in the league for a couple of years. Fantastic addition who I feel can only get better with the increase in quality around him. Can only imagine the chaos that could be caused with him and Myers on the same line, throw in Joey Haddad for good measure and that really is a line that no team would want to face.

kettdevil1

Delighted. Faryna has been my favourite opposition player to watch since he came into the league and to see him in a Devils uniform will be great. I can see him being a worthy successor to Ian MacIntyre, Ivan Matulik and Max Birbraer in the "hit 'um, fight 'um, beat 'um" role and he looks like just the right player for us.

Impressed to by Paris, know less about him but everything I read and see looks positive, he looks to be able to add an extra dimension to the team and it will be good to watch him this season.

The start of the season can't come soon enough.

Wannabe2

Am I correct in saying we have signed 7 imports so far, out of a total of 14/15 if we carry a spare, and 4 Brits, so a total of 11 players. So if we carry a bench of 19/20 does that have to include 3 under 23 yr olds, leaving 5/6 still to sign excluding the 3 youngsters. Sorry but I am so confused.

Have Hope#35

Am I correct in saying we have signed 7 imports so far, out of a total of 14/15 if we carry a spare, and 4 Brits, so a total of 11 players. So if we carry a bench of 19/20 does that have to include 3 under 23 yr olds, leaving 5/6 still to sign excluding the 3 youngsters. Sorry but I am so confused.
If we sign 19 Players we need no U23's... If we sign 20 Players (4 Lines) we need 1 U23 and we already have Craig Moore!
I can also see us confirming Buglass on a Two-Way!

If we sign 19 Players we need no U23's... If we sign 20 Players (4 Lines) we need 1 U23 and we already have Craig Moore!
I can also see us confirming Buglass on a Two-Way!
Buglass is apparently on a 2 way with Devils and Fire a relation of his confirmed it on Facebook the other day in a comment when it was announced that he had signed for the fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

Buglass is apparently on a 2 way with Devils and Fire a relation of his confirmed it on Facebook the other day in a comment when it was announced that he had signed for the fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oops - not announced officially and he's not on the team page yet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #231
I've finally got around to updating the roster on page #1...

As always, any errors please give me a shout and i'll try and correct them as soon as possible.

Finny

Oops - not announced officially and he's not on the team page yet

My guess is we'll have a 'Super Sunday" announcement where two-way players like Buglass and Piggott will be announced along with perhaps Murdy and Morissette (assuming they are both returning)

Have Hope#35

My guess is we'll have a 'Super Sunday" announcement where two-way players like Buglass and Piggott will be announced along with perhaps Murdy and Morissette (assuming they are both returning)
If that's Super Sunday remind me not to go ;)
I'd be happy with Batch, Murdy, Asselin & Newbie...

Piggott and buglass are not good enough and should play for someone else!!
Not being rude but it's a fact.
Callum Buglass has potential and did well and iced a lot of minutes when called up last season against Braehead. He needs to put on some weight and get a nastier streak to progress. I was told this by someone who recently played alongside him

ASHIPP

Devils already announced 7 imports....another 7 to be announced. Does anyone think a 15th import will be signed for rotation/injury cover/CHL schedule? Plus Piggsie as emergency injury cover?

Devil_Abroad

Devils already announced 7 imports....another 7 to be announced. Does anyone think a 15th import will be signed for rotation/injury cover/CHL schedule? Plus Piggsie as emergency injury cover?
With Lord a player coach - yes to an 8th import as player or cover