2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

Devil_Abroad

Wow.... after that comment I'd be surprised if Wacey would even want to sign here. What an utterly ignorant and personal thing to say about a person's name.

He's actually of Canadian First Nation Heritage..... most of the names will have animal, spiritual or artifact references important to their brave history and beliefs.

Perhaps anybody ignorant of that should improve their cultural intelligence by reading up on it. It is absolutely fascinating.
Do you know the background to the name Wacey? Is that First Nation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Do you know the background to the name Wacey? Is that First Nation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a very rare name - not American but possibly from another culture.
In a recent Canadian article, Wacey says he was named after a well known bull rider. ...well he is from Alberta so it's not beyond the realms of possibility his namesake might have appeared at the Calgary Stampede.
Wacey is descendant of the Blackfoot Nation from the Alberta area. He's v proud to be an ambassador for them, a mentor to the youngsters.

Last edited:

JC23

So, two signings for us tomorrow.

Wouldn't mind betting they're both going to be newbies.

Who do you guys think?

I'm reckoning there's a good chance of it being the new found best friends, who we've all been hoping for. Rabbit and Faryna.

Devil_Abroad

Who do you guys think?

I'm reckoning there's a good chance of it being the new found best friends, who we've all been hoping for. Rabbit and Faryna.
I'd go with this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it ain't Faryna and they announce two returnees I'm gonna be so annoyed. To the guy who doesn't rate Faryna, this guy is literally the next Adam Keefe of our league with much more fire power in terms of scoring ability to his name. He reminds of Michael Ferland of the Calgary Flames, a player we've been dying for ever since Tylor Michel left.

Devil_Abroad

I'd go with this

Who do you guys think?

Or how about Stewart at 10am, Faryna at 2pm?

ASHIPP

Going with Josh Batch and Thomas Murdy - all senior British players announced then.
Or Patrick Asselin followed by Mark Louis. :-D

Last edited:

d20

If it is 2 newbies you'd have to say it's rabbit and faryna given they've had pics together on twitter training ,be a bit silly announcing one then not the other if they are both joining us .

Devils twitter States we are going to go mental on one and into a frenzy on the other, so it's not going to be anybody already mentioned then is it.

Wannabe2

Great statement by the club to make, if this season is anything like the last one we are going to be well chuffed. Days of great memories when in the WNIR sure look like returning to this great club. It's all looking good folks.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.