2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

bb1

Brian Parker has started following Faryna.......sounds like Rabbit will be going wherever Faryna goes from his previous tweets.

I will be absolutely shocked if we let Faryna slip through our grasp. There really aren't many better 2 way forwards out there who not only work their socks off but can, hit score and fight to a great standard.

voth26

Brian Parker has started following Faryna.......sounds like Rabbit will be going wherever Faryna goes from his previous tweets.
My one question is if Faryna does all this why havent Dundee resigned him??. He didnt really standout for me when we played the stars, I think there could be better out there in my humble opinion

I will be absolutely shocked if we let Faryna slip through our grasp. There really aren't many better 2 way forwards out there who not only work their socks off but can, hit score and fight to a great standard.

voth26

If another employer offered to double your wages, you'd definitely consider it weather you were wanted or not...

One thing for sure though is that the CHL is a very exciting prospect for a lot of players, I know it has made some players decide to make a U-turn on their plans for next season and re-sign already.

I'm expecting the Hotham's to retire. No inside info, I just have an inkling.
Who do you think has changed their mind about leaving and wants to return because of CHL

Devil94

Lidhammar from Dundee would be a good signing for me on the 3rd or 4th line. Great skater, hits very hard, agitates very well, and has put 35+ points in both season for dundee. Real energy guy, and will have played with Moore and faryna if we get him.
He's definitely got under our skin a few times in the last few years.

RedDevil17

Lidhammar from Dundee would be a good signing for me on the 3rd or 4th line. Great skater, hits very hard, agitates very well, and has put 35+ points in both season for dundee. Real energy guy, and will have played with Moore and faryna if we get him.
He's definitely got under our skin a few times in the last few years.
I personally wouldn't want lidhammar here. Yes,he's quick but I've barely noticed him this year. Also, this is Dundee we're talking about here. Again, the argument about the unfair conferences comes into play. I wonder how many points he's put up against the top 4 teams? Just my opinion but he's not good enough. We're league champions remember and we should be aiming for better players than lidhammar. No disrespect to him or Dundee but we should be approaching better.

KaneDevils

So can he make a good first pass out of the zone ? Is he mobile ? Can he play some minutes on special teams ? Does he read the play ? Does he have average to above average hockey sense ? If the answer is yes to these questions and with obvious physical attributes then sign him up . Letters mean nothing. Experience does and he clearly has that but it comes down to want and affordability on both sides .All these players have had a letter at some point in their careers and most players don't care whether they have one or not. This team is a perfect example of that and with this team there are 18-20 leaders.
Any signing is a risk, with the potential to backfire. Coaches in this league won't have the luxury of going to watch any target, or send a scout to view and report back. There for, word of mouth, recommendations and stats, become important ingredients.
Any player who has played that many games in the Nhl, the AHL, and the DEL, on paper, would be an excellent signing and addition to our league. No question.

Sorry I don't see what people see in Faryna, not for me we can get better IMHO
Serious?

95pts from 93 games with 237 penalty minutes, 13 fights.

He's a solid player, can contribute offensively and has always seemed quite sound when going the other way too. He's not the biggest at 6'0 but he can sure handle himself. Think of him as a forward version of the Hothams, because that's how I'd expect him to be if he ended up in Cardiff.

He was a standout with Dundee, with the increase in talent around him and the more intense games with Coventry, Nottingham, Sheffield, Guildford, MK and Belfast to come, I can't see him doing much other than flourishing even more. As a Panthers fan, I would be happy to sign him instead of a McGrattan/Bordeleau type guy.

bb1

Serious?

95pts from 93 games with 237 penalty minutes, 13 fights.

He's a solid player, can contribute offensively and has always seemed quite sound when going the other way too. He's not the biggest at 6'0 but he can sure handle himself. Think of him as a forward version of the Hothams, because that's how I'd expect him to be if he ended up in Cardiff.

He was a standout with Dundee, with the increase in talent around him and the more intense games with Coventry, Nottingham, Sheffield, Guildford, MK and Belfast to come, I can't see him doing much other than flourishing even more. As a Panthers fan, I would be happy to sign him instead of a McGrattan/Bordeleau type guy.
Spot on. Glad I'm not the only one who can see how good he is. He's a real solid player who would be a huge asset to our team. His first season in the tent towards the end of the season he ran the show scoring 3 goals and 1 or 2 assists. One of best performances against a Devils side I have ever seen.

Wannabe2

Sorry I don't see what people see in Faryna, not for me we can get better IMHO
Faryna is pure class, very, very good player, would love to see him at Cardiff. To me he is what I class as a real devil player. The kind of player who would become a fans favourite as he was in Dundee, this guy wears a shirt with pride, I would be well pleased to see him in a Devils shirt, try running Bownsy with this guy on the ice.

ASHIPP

Any player whose performance consistently dominates games, irrespective of who the opposition is, is someone to be admired. Fayrna brings grit and toughness, speed, work ethic and scoring ability - he has all the attributes of a Lordo-style power forward. A real asset to the lucky team that he ends up playing for.

Devil94

A lot of Swedes been added to the league recently. Two more today, one to Dundee and one to Guildford. I wonder if we will go in the same direction?

Ok Ok Ok I will give Faryna a chance IF he does end up here, but my opinion is that we can do better and that is my opinion, lets see what happens and if he does sign for us I will let you know how I feel in a few months time, hopefully he will prove me wrong.

Don't sign Wacy Rabbit FFS, don't care if he could out play the whole Penguins cup winning team and drop gold from his back passage, that name, no, no, no. What was his parents thinking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JC23

Don't sign Wacy Rabbit FFS, don't care if he could out play the whole Penguins cup winning team and drop gold from his back passage, that name, no, no, no. What was his parents thinking.

Little bit of an ignorant comment there, but in response I'll just point out that his heritage is that of the original Native Canadian. Hence the name...

ASHIPP

Wow.... after that comment I'd be surprised if Wacey would even want to sign here. What an utterly ignorant and personal thing to say about a person's name.

He's actually of Canadian First Nation Heritage..... most of the names will have animal, spiritual or artifact references important to their brave history and beliefs.

Perhaps anybody ignorant of that should improve their cultural intelligence by reading up on it. It is absolutely fascinating.

Last edited: