2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

jenks33

I wondered the same actually...
This might not be 100% right but I think Cownie was playing for MK and Finnerty called him up to play for Braehead. Apparently Cownie declined because he had a nightout planned in London. Cownie says this isn't true but he was criticised by Finnerty and Simms on Twitter. Like I said this might not be 100% right but its along those lines

d20

Wish we would make some different days and times for signings ,its always on a friday at 12.00 ,cant they change it up a bit and do one on a wednesday at 10am for example,they seem to tell us days in adavnce we will have a signing at the end of the week so we have to wait until then,why not have a surprise announcement i.e like one morning just put out "Devils signing in 1 hour" ...other teams seem to be announcing at different times ours are always friday 12.00 every week.

Bazza

This might not be 100% right but I think Cownie was playing for MK and Finnerty called him up to play for Braehead. Apparently Cownie declined because he had a nightout planned in London. Cownie says this isn't true but he was criticised by Finnerty and Simms on Twitter. Like I said this might not be 100% right but its along those lines
Thanks - I recall something about that from last season but I assumed something more recent? No matter what it is/was well done Cownie for his tweet!!!

Temme

I much prefer an early week announcement to carry me through. I'm already in a good enough mood at 12:00pm on a Friday to not care about the signing haha

jenks33

I much prefer an early week announcement to carry me through. I'm already in a good enough mood at 12:00pm on a Friday to not care about the signing haha
Agree with this. If we announced a player every Monday or Tuesday at least it would be something to look forward to in work. I'm always in a good mood on a Friday afternoon anyway with the weekend coming up

august04

I find the whole drip feeding of signing announcements very tedious. As Ocko said, if they're signed, just announce them! We have unannounced players already signed up weeks ago - Culligan being a case in point. We found out that he re-signed in April, when he announced his retirement recently.

Ocko

How to almost confirm that you have signed a player... tell him to take down his tweets that mention the club (that everyone has seen) once people click on!

ASHIPP

Yes that's about it. Except that Jordan was given 48 hours notice by the Clan that he was needed....and he hadn't played a game for them for months. He had already booked a trip to London to celebrate his girlfriend's 21st birthday.

The Brummie idiot Simms publicly wading in to the situation because Finnerty is his friend. IIRC there was outrage from some clubs about the bullying of this player.

Devil94

Although his CV is impressive, I'm slightly worried he's a bit too similar to Benti? He said in am interview that he's a pass first guy instead of shoot. Benti is the same. I expected an out and out sniper to replace doucet .

JC23

As someone who didn't see the retweets, what were they?
Essentially retweeting anything that mentioned the Devils and Faryna or himself.

I don't know if you saw but the Devils recently asked who we'd like to see announced next. Basically he retweeted anyone that mentioned Faryna or himself.

Ocko

Although his CV is impressive, I'm slightly worried he's a bit too similar to Benti? He said in am interview that he's a pass first guy instead of shoot. Benti is the same. I expected an out and out sniper to replace doucet .
I'd probably have him as a replacement for Culligan rather than Douc. I think the sniper is yet to come with Rabbit being a two way player on the third line (with Lord and Myers?).

Have Hope#35

Yes that's about it. Except that Jordan was given 48 hours notice by the Clan that he was needed....and he hadn't played a game for them for months. He had already booked a trip to London to celebrate his girlfriend's 21st birthday.

The Brummie idiot Simms publicly wading in to the situation because Finnerty is his friend. IIRC there was outrage from some clubs about the bullying of this player.
I believe Simms dragged it all up again when he was announced for Dundee! That's probably what lead to the Statement...

ASHIPP

I'd probably have him as a replacement for Culligan rather than Douc. I think the sniper is yet to come with Rabbit being a two way player on the third line (with Lord and Myers?).
If Justin Faryna joined us, where would you see him slotting in? He could offer a skilled scoring line toughness and speed, and offer a grinding defensive line aggression and secondary scoring.

If he has a year at university in Scotland left to do, perhaps the tweets of the two players just mean that they are going to be playing in the same league next season rather than being on the same team?

zoesdevil

If Justin Faryna joined us, where would you see him slotting in? He could offer a skilled scoring line toughness and speed, and offer a grinding defensive line aggression and secondary scoring.

If he has a year at university in Scotland left to do, perhaps the tweets of the two players just mean that they are going to be playing in the same league next season rather than being on the same team?
Is it possible to transfer a course to another Uni to finish it off?

Rempel16

I'm not so sure. I think we will look something like this:

Rabbit Martin Bentivoglio
Asselin Ulmer Haddad
Faryna Myers Lord
Moore Stewart? (Tough Guy)

A Hotham Richardson
Fournier Louis
Batch Paris

Bowns
Murdy

Unless Batch is a forward on that 4th line and our Bordy replacement lines up on defence.