Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2017/18

Samael

Absolutely insane pickup!
LOL!! So this guy has gone from a career of over 800 games in the NHL, played for the former Soviet Union, has an IIHF gold Medal, appeared at the Olympics representing the Ukraine and coached two KHL sides............ and now he's in Edinburgh.

makes perfect sense..... :eek:

Devil_Abroad

LOL!! So this guy has gone from a career of over 800 games in the NHL, played for the former Soviet Union, has an IIHF gold Medal, appeared at the Olympics representing the Ukraine and coached two KHL sides............ and now he's in Edinburgh.

makes perfect sense..... :eek:
Down on Eliteprospects as Video Coach so I guess this is his first full coaching role. Can see Caps going East European again this season?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Samael

I didn't even look at his stats on EP.com but yeah this is his first Head coach role. Still, I still think it's bonkers they have picked up a coach with that pedigree, wonder if they are paying his salary with Tesco vodka, he must have necked a few just before he signed a contract with them (which was probably on the back of a fag packet).

Samael

I hope he does well too and introduces lots of gutsy eastern euro power forwards in a similar vein to lvan Matulik, but given the limited resources l'm guessing will be made available to Dmitri l'd be suprised if he sticks around long enough to create a legacy at the Caps. As much as l hate to sound like the fat estate agent, gone by Christmas? Love to be wrong though.

Wagstaff

Renny Marr, Jordan Stokes and Oliver Stone sign 2 way deals with us in Coventry

http://www.coventryblaze.co.uk/news/blaze-confirm-two-way-british-players-20170613

Not sure of the value of these, Renny may get a backup position if we have an injury to the Nettie or the backup is involved in a game elsewhere, but other than pre season I can't remember any of our previous 2 ways getting any ice time, training with the club may help their development though

Ocko

Looks a poor signing to me. If it didn't list the team I'd expect him at a MK type club, certainly not title challengers. He doesn't get hardly any points and isn't actually tough at a pro level.

Considering Simms slated Brine before he arrived, it's hard to see how this guy isn't either too cheap to fire or will be gone by Christmas. He hadn't even seen Brine and went by stats, this guys stats are terrible.