2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

august04

Don't understand the lack of appreciation for Liam Stewart as an import. Not every player is going to be a new Joey Martin and score 70 points. We need penalty killers, 4th liners and grinders. Stewart is perfect for that whilst still able to put up respectable numbers. He is at least an equal of Brine IMO, statistically he also offers a bit more and much younger so is someone we could improve and grow.

And whilst his own man, I'm sure the PR opportunities that he brings with his old man would have Todd skipping to work.
Totally agree with this post. I think Stewart would do a great job on our 3rd/4th lines and on the PK. He always impressed me when we played Coventry (one of very few Blaze players that did that last year) and his work rate was excellent. If Brine isn't returning, I'd be delighted with Stewart signing for the Devils (or even as a replacement for Culligan). He rarely seems to play the 'famous parents' card but if he does become a Devil, I think he might have to embrace that - I'm sure Kelman will! I'd sign him and challenge the import ruling to see if he can be reclassified as a Brit too.

Last edited:

Jonesy83

If Discostew was signed by us I certainly wouldn't complain, he's young and he's hungry any team that give him a shot I'm sure wouldn't be disappointed, it's not like he'd be a top 6 forward.

Also Fountains Of Wayne - Stacey's Mom...enough said!

His main talent was intimidating the other guy into defeat, from what I've heard he punched like a girl. Entertaining to watch the old vids though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Foxy

His main talent was intimidating the other guy into defeat, from what I've heard he punched like a girl. Entertaining to watch the old vids though.

Are you kidding..... Your obviously a youngster. Believe me you would not want to face him especialy when the red mist descened

ASHIPP

Did you actually go to any of the games when Mike Ware was on our roster?

May not have had the finesse of a fighter like McWilliam, or the charisma of Voth, but Ware was regarded as a really tough cookie in his time. Seriously unhinged when provoked! He'd start a fight if someone just looked at him!

Last edited:
Did you actually go to any of the games when Mike Ware was on our roster?
Before my time. There is no doubt he was a nutter & very entertaining, I'm just repeating a comment after a conversation a few yrs back by some who'd received punches from the guy.