2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

d20

Liam Stewart & Cardiff Devils are now following each other on Twitter, maybe nothing, but it's a bit strange, as they're both the latest ones each have followed!!
Maybe with the late withdrawal of Cully ,and Liam putting out on Twitter hes free the Devils may have contacted him,guess we will soon see .

ASHIPP

Exciting to speculate. But nowadays, when someone starts following someone or something on Twitter, it doesn't mean anything other than they are following them on Twitter!

Wagstaff

He'd be awesome as a Brit but not sure worth taking an import slot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Why do people keep quoting he'd be a good Brit but not a good import, he's a 3/4th liner and will be paid as such, you can only fit 6 imports on your top 2 lines so you need to put some in D and some on the lower lines........ Liam would be a great player on those terms

bdevil

Probably because there are better imports available for that role but not many (if any) better brits for that role. Plus, IF he was a brit he'd take one of the 3 u23 spots and therefor would allow you to have a larger roster.

ASHIPP

Liam Stewart is rumoured to be linked with the Steelers. If he is good enough for them he would be good enough for any team in the EIHL. A 3rd/4th line
grinding dynamo in the mould of Zac Hervato.
With the pressures/deadlines of CHL recruitment and preparation, would imagine the Devils will have researched and identified any targeted new players to fill roles many weeks ago.

Ocko

Don't understand the lack of appreciation for Liam Stewart as an import. Not every player is going to be a new Joey Martin and score 70 points. We need penalty killers, 4th liners and grinders. Stewart is perfect for that whilst still able to put up respectable numbers. He is at least an equal of Brine IMO, statistically he also offers a bit more and much younger so is someone we could improve and grow.

And whilst his own man, I'm sure the PR opportunities that he brings with his old man would have Todd skipping to work.

Temme

Don't think was posted up here but...

McGrattan 'Retires'

Nottingham 7 days ago announce they are still in talks with him

Today on EP he is listed no longer as retired but Nottingham Panthers -> Unknown

ASHIPP

Don't think was posted up here but...

McGrattan 'Retires'

Nottingham 7 days ago announce they are still in talks with him

Today on EP he is listed no longer as retired but Nottingham Panthers -> Unknown
Looks like he's back in Calgary doing a couple of Flames related events this Summer. He has never made a secret of the fact he would love a role of some sort back with the Organisation where he was loved so much. I doubt he would regard his experience in UK as a particularly happy one, even though Panthers won the Continental Cup.

Looks like he's back in Calgary doing a couple of Flames related events this Summer. He has never made a secret of the fact he would love a role of some sort back with the Organisation where he was loved so much. I doubt he would regard his experience in UK as a particularly happy one, even though Panthers won the Continental Cup.
He's retired for sure.

I think he was looking to gain a qualification whilst in the UK, relating to substance abuse treatment, i'm not too sure if this is something he's done or something which he's decided to leave but that kind of area definitely seems to be the place he wants to get to.

Few Panthers fans are surprised, with him publicly stating during interviews that he was wanting to enjoy being around family, and planning for a 2nd baby, he couldn't do that if he returned to Panthers. Spent around 4 months away from his wife and child, he's a family guy.. that kind of life isn't for him any more.

ASHIPP

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=19198

Going by Steve's clue on one of our signings I think this guy might be a good shout. Drew Paris

Steve's clue was that he seems to like to take pictures of famous cities. I think this could be our guy

Also he's played in the DEL and Allsvenskan. Lordo did hint at signing players with European experience
This is clever! According to the EP resume, he certainly has the experience and work ethic. Definitely thinking outside the box matching his name to the clues!

jenks33

If he is the guy we've signed I wonder who isn't returning. Scott Hotham? Louis? I'd be disappointed if neither of them returned but Louis in particular. I thought he was great last season. This Paris has got a good CV though

ASHIPP

If he is the guy we've signed I wonder who isn't returning. Scott Hotham? Louis? I'd be disappointed if neither of them returned but Louis in particular. I thought he was great last season. This Paris has got a good CV though
Not neccessarily - a new player coming in won't always be replacing one leaving. Quite feasible that another player could be changing position. One or two of our dmen can play as forwards or defence.

jenks33

Not neccessarily - a new player coming in won't always be replacing one leaving. Quite feasible that another player could be changing position. One or two of our dmen can play as forwards or defence.
True. I'd love it if Batch played as a forward. I'm not 100% convinced that he's a defenceman. I think he'd cause havoc in front of the opposition net

Devil94

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=19198

Going by Steve's clue on one of our signings I think this guy might be a good shout. Drew Paris

Steve's clue was that he seems to like to take pictures of famous cities. I think this could be our guy

Also he's played in the DEL and Allsvenskan. Lordo did hint at signing players with European experience
Very well played....

Played for a season with A Hotham in Germany. Also played in Gwinnett for a few years, so Haddad will have contacts.

Last edited:

ASHIPP

Some rumours doing rounds on Scottish forums:

Justin Faryna to Fife (their fans are convinced it's definite)
Travis Fullerton, former Edinburgh goalie, to Dundee
Scott Barney to Braehead
Patrick Columbe to Fife