Elite Prospects Jobs

Temme

Thread starter #1
ok i've been doing some tragic digging out of boredom, so forgive me for going off on a tangent here:

Elite Prospects has a "jobs" page on the website.

When you attempt to register as a team, it will give you a page of options, so far i've come across two.

When clicking on a team you will either get the option to LOGIN or to REGISTER with all the team details (address, email etc).

This in itself is not interesting, however it does give us an idea of what teams already have accounts and therefore are searching for certain players.

I did more digging than this:

Cardiff Devils - SIGNED UP
Nottingham Panthers - SIGNED UP
Belfast Giants - SIGNED UP
Coventry Blaze - SIGNED UP
Manchester Storm - SIGNED UP
Dundee Stars - SIGNED UP

Sheffield Steelers - Not signed up
Guildford Flames - Not signed up
Fife Flyers - Not signed up
Milton Keynes - Not signed up
Braehead Clan - Not signed up
Edinburgh Capitals - Not signed up

Also, we get country flags -
We can see every player that Belfast are looking to sign, and also as there's only one scottish team using the website we can also see the Dundee requirements (alongside the scottish flag) - IE they are still looking for a goalie...

Not much really to talk about, as it's impossible to work out which adverts are ours given there's no Welsh flag (or we don't post...) but interesting to keep an eye on the other teams requirements for the teams that we do know about - and how much they're willing to pay!

Ocko

That job is about 10k less than what Belfast are offering as standard though. Surely we'd be at least on a par with them?

whoever it is, was a little surprised to see it only pays 19K USD which after you disregard car and digs, seems light for a professional athlete?

kingmo19.1

19,800 USD * .77 (conversion rate into GBP) = 15,246 / 39 week season = GBP 390 week.
That's pretty poor!
Saying that, don't fancy the salaries being offered in France!. That's bordering on the equivalent of our minimum wage.

Devil_Abroad

19,800 USD * .77 (conversion rate into GBP) = 15,246 / 39 week season = GBP 390 week.
That's pretty poor!
Saying that, don't fancy the salaries being offered in France!. That's bordering on the equivalent of our minimum wage.
There's also the car, house, and college education.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Temme

Thread starter #8
Yeah, the cars they get make it +£200 month and the houses/apartments you could argue add another +£500 (or more).

I wish there was a way of knowing which team was which on the website though.

Surely it wouldn't do any harm as i guess a number of teams would leave speculative adverts up just in case a better option became available.

Also will be interesting to see if any teams are recruiting DURING the season for additional players.

Leighton

The car is 100 quid a month because i lease that same car from green fleet for my business too.

I think the MBA is the big thing, as i understand it the average cost for a two year MBA in the states is around $60,000 so when you factor that in two years in the UK is probably worth around $120,000 with little to no tax to pay?

But in terms of cash in the bank it aint much!

pjj365

On the other hand property rental around the Bay is probably north of £650 so £700+ is about right

The MBA though is vakuable but not all get that

Ocko

I would say the 19k salary is for one of the Scottish or Manc/Flames/Cov/MK conference. I would be amazed if there was a 10k disparity between teams in ours.

trapped

Remember that the salaries are advertised as take home including agents fees, taxes etc already paid. Not clear if the £38,000k salary is across 2 years or per each year of a two year contract either.

matbur

The car is 100 quid a month because i lease that same car from green fleet for my business too.

I think the MBA is the big thing, as i understand it the average cost for a two year MBA in the states is around $60,000 so when you factor that in two years in the UK is probably worth around $120,000 with little to no tax to pay?

But in terms of cash in the bank it aint much!
Side question, do they knock any discount off for Devils fans do you know??