Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2017/18

kettdevil1

Can't see why Brine would not be back as defensively on the P.K and on the face off he was supreme, he was never going to score lots of goals as this was not his role and his work ethic was top draw.

It would not be easy to replace somebody who works hard night after night with his skill set to settle for limited ice time on the fourth line.
Precisely, struggling to think of a better player in that role....

ASHIPP

Can't wait to see who Lord get's to play on the wing with Benti and Martin. if it's a guy who will click with them then we have a very very good first line next year.
Lordo himself played on the line with Joey Martin and Sean Bentivoglio last half of the season. Be equally interesting to see what he decides for himself.

Ocko

Well he did say he didn't see himself as a first line player. I'd like us to get a high calibre Jeff Szwez type player.

I think we'll see Lord play himself on a line with Myers and another good hitting tough player.

ASHIPP

Well he did say he didn't see himself as a first line player. I'd like us to get a high calibre Jeff Szwez type player.

I think we'll see Lord play himself on a line with Myers and another good hitting tough player.
Lordo-Myers -Faryna would be virtually impossible for the opposition to cope with physically and provide fantastic secondary scoring. Keep dreaming!

Johnnybravo1927

Chris Culligan departs the devils as he decides to retire from pro hockey. Great player and even better person. I am convinced he would have been retained if available

Jones72

Chris Culligan departs the devils as he decides to retire from pro hockey. Great player and even better person. I am convinced he would have been retained if available
News piece indicates that he'd agreed before heading back home for the Summer. Gutted, but long term choices are most important so can't blame him.

trapped

Happy with that, I really rate Gleason. There are a few people that think he is a bit of a defensive liability, but his skating, puck carrying and offensive threat more than make up for that. Welcome back!

ASHIPP

Very very happy to see Gleason return. An excellent skater and puck carrier with great offensive skills. Hope he can continue to tighten up his defensive responsibilties and (hopefully) continue that great partnership with Mark Louis, if he returns.

Bazza

Saving some even more exciting ones to keep us excited/intrigued I'm sure - plus also lets the other teams think they have recruited well until we just go BOOM!

I don't see how people aren't excited about current signings? Having a core group that know how to win is crucial to success. Martin, haddad, bentigvolio and Fournier are dangerous. Any team in our league would kill for these players. (Haven't mentioned brits because I expect our 5 have resigned) what a team already. Benti will light up the league this year, Fournier is the best skater I've seen in this league. He won't be doing a post grad course this season, he will concentrate solely on playing. One word - lethal! Our team is gonna rock and all this balls about bordy, there was no need to fight because of presence. Maybe one or two times more fudge you was needed but when a team is top the best thing you can do is ride a storm and win the game. Points count more than minutes. Would see bordy in a devils jersey again anyday. Sorry not having a pop my opinion! Love to all, little drunk

SteveKing

Fournier has come so far in his defensive reliability since he joined us. The second half of the season I thought he was fantastic. With his skating, he'll always be able to take more chances than any other dman just because he can recover and get back so quickly. I honestly believe that he's well on his way to becoming the best dman in our league.

As for new signings, I'm not sure what Todd's plans are for announcements. Obviously there won't be nearly as many new faces this year as other years and that's a good thing for a triple crown winning team. We've still got some work to do before we are set but the candidates look first rate. For a ridiculously bad clue on a new signing, please refer to my post in the Culligan thread.

Jonesy83

Fournier has come so far in his defensive reliability since he joined us. The second half of the season I thought he was fantastic. With his skating, he'll always be able to take more chances than any other dman just because he can recover and get back so quickly. I honestly believe that he's well on his way to becoming the best dman in our league.

As for new signings, I'm not sure what Todd's plans are for announcements. Obviously there won't be nearly as many new faces this year as other years and that's a good thing for a triple crown winning team. We've still got some work to do before we are set but the candidates look first rate. For a ridiculously bad clue on a new signing, please refer to my post in the Culligan thread.
Not sure if this is in regards to what I said earlier but I 110% agree, Fournier is a fantastic talent and if he wasn't wearing red next season I'd be beyond disappointed, I'm sure Mr. Lord & Mr. Kelaman have a grand plan as regards to signings and I as an avid fan would be silly to question them, I've love everything that's happened post Regan era and long may it continue, Devils fans are truly on cloud 9 as it stand and long may it continue!!

Devil_Abroad

I don't know how he did it but Jenks33 has come up with Drew Paris! How's that Steve?!!

He's a D so that could mean Scott is retiring which would be a blow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

I don't know how he did it but Jenks33 has come up with Drew Paris! How's that Steve?!!

He's a D so that could mean Scott is retiring which would be a blow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not neccessarily. An incoming player doesn't always mean another is leaving. Another player could be changing position....and one or two of our dmen can play as a forward or in defence.